OFFICIAL 2010-11 SACRAMENTO KINGS SEASON THREAD - Vol. Too Lazy To Make A New Topic Right Now!

4e626d45cb0c263b451fe2f7110fe265424eebb8.jpg

Originally Posted by TyrekeEvans

4e626d45cb0c263b451fe2f7110fe265424eebb8.jpg
pimp.gif

DMC + Hassan Whiteside
pimp.gif
. I would say it was a succesful draft. Hopefully during FA we will be able to find some legit shooters to spread the floor. Kyle Korver, Mike Miller, _____?

It seems like all the Kings need is a shooter to spread the floor. KEVIN MARTIN anyone?
ohwell.gif

If the Kings still had Kevin Martin, this team would be STACKED and PRIMED for another playoff run ala 2000 Kings. Boy o boy one can only imagine if we still had K-Mart...

First time in a minute that I was actually happy about the draft. Petrie has proven me wrong plenty of times so it feels good to actually be in agreement with him.

The Kings now have a lot of depth in the front court with Landry, Thompson, Dalembert, Brockman (if he gets re-signed), Cousins, and Whiteside. Not sure if Brockman gets re-signed to a multi-year deal with the Whiteside pick tho. However, both Landry's and Dalembert's contracts are done after next season so it might be wise that Brockman is re-signed just in case.

Still got a battle for the starting SF spot between Greene, Casspi, and Garcia. All three of them can shoot the 3, but the most important thing is who can play the most consistent defense. Don't need Tyreke out there guarding the opposing team's best perimeter player.

Tyreke is still here playing PG/SG. Nuff said.

Will need some PG help tho if Beno starts. Quality young back-up PG or a veteran with experience to help in the locker room.

Kevin Martin, Mike Miller, Kyle Korver would definitely help the Kings because of their talent. But sadly, those three aren't good on defense. And they will help a contending team more than a rebuilding team like the Kings. Kevin Martin is that dude, but it just never worked out with him and Tyreke... I want the Kings to get a Bruce Bowen type and they got a inconsistent one in Udoka last year actually.

Kings still got some money to get a legit FA, but I think they should actually take the OKC approach and wait. What do you guys think?

I hope we re-sign Brockman. Even though he'd be a third string PF, he would get some play time since JT often gets in foul trouble.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

First time in a minute that I was actually happy about the draft. Petrie has proven me wrong plenty of times so it feels good to actually be in agreement with him.

The Kings now have a lot of depth in the front court with Landry, Thompson, Dalembert, Brockman (if he gets re-signed), Cousins, and Whiteside. Not sure if Brockman gets re-signed to a multi-year deal with the Whiteside pick tho. However, both Landry's and Dalembert's contracts are done after next season so it might be wise that Brockman is re-signed just in case.

Still got a battle for the starting SF spot between Greene, Casspi, and Garcia. All three of them can shoot the 3, but the most important thing is who can play the most consistent defense. Don't need Tyreke out there guarding the opposing team's best perimeter player.

Tyreke is still here playing PG/SG. Nuff said.
I'd wait a year to see how the team develops.
Will need some PG help tho if Beno starts. Quality young back-up PG or a veteran with experience to help in the locker room.

Kevin Martin, Mike Miller, Kyle Korver would definitely help the Kings because of their talent. But sadly, those three aren't good on defense. And they will help a contending team more than a rebuilding team like the Kings. Kevin Martin is that dude, but it just never worked out with him and Tyreke... I want the Kings to get a Bruce Bowen type and they got a inconsistent one in Udoka last year actually.

Kings still got some money to get a legit FA, but I think they should actually take the OKC approach and wait. What do you guys think?

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

It seems like all the Kings need is a shooter to spread the floor. KEVIN MARTIN anyone?
ohwell.gif

If the Kings still had Kevin Martin, this team would be STACKED and PRIMED for another playoff run ala 2000 Kings. Boy o boy one can only imagine if we still had K-Mart...
I'm still a K-Mart fan, but if we had him he would just get injured and miss at least 30 games per year. He's a great player, just too soft. Plus I don't think Martin and Reke would have worked out like we saw before.

Whiteside is going to work with Hakeem some more this summer.
pimp.gif

But Whiteside seems to be taking the right steps toward maturing and growing. He spent a week with Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon, getting tutored on everything from offensive moves, to the intensity needed on a nightly basis to compete at the NBA level. He said he will spend another week with the league's all-time leading shot-blocker before the summer is over.
"When I see a player like him, his reach is his strength," Olajuwon said in a phone interview from Toronto. "He knows he can put the ball on the floor and shoot. I was more or less thinking about his height advantage, what he can be doing in the post with his jump hook. He should be able to play small forward, power forward or center comfortably. I try not to limit him to a position. He has the skills and the height where he can play three positions as he matures in the league."

Olajuwon said several NBA teams -- he refused to identify which ones -- have called him to ask him his opinion of Whiteside. The former Rocket said that while Whiteside is young, he told the teams that their concerns about his focus are unfounded.

"When you see him, he is a gentleman, very shy," Olajuwon said. "That is his demeanor. So if you see him, you say he is not that enthusiastic about the game. But when you see him play, he goes after it. That works against him if you don't understand him as a person. His maturity? He is a young boy. Somebody has to look at what he is now and you have to look at his potential with the right training."

Olajuwon said he thinks it would be a mistake for a team to pick Whiteside and then send him to the D league in the same fashion that Memphis did with Thabeet last season.

"I was shocked Memphis made that decision," Olajuwon said. "That was the wrong move. If you are a big guy, you need to play. Give the boy a chance so that he can develop confidence. By sending him to the D league you are demoralizing him. Give him the opportunity. Being a shot blocker is enough to keep him on the floor. Give him time. That was wrong. It is not the right move. Give him time to develop."

That is precisely what Whiteside needs, the time to develop. Some teams don't have the time to take on a project and see their investment come to fruition in several years. Others can more readily afford it. But the infrastructure and the understanding that immediate gratification is not likely must be in place.

"He has all the tools," Olajuwon said. "If he goes to the team that has a good big man he can practice against, he can get confidence. If he gets the right coach that knows that he is a talent and will play him and encourage him, he can come along quickly. But as you know, with the draft, he does not know what to expect."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ssan.whiteside.draft/index.html#ixzz0ruMWIVWN

List of potential guards that Kings can go after this summer:

No one perfect for the Kings honestly. Would be great if Tony Allen/Ronnie Brewer can merge with Anthony Morrow into one cheap defensive player that can shoot the 3. Wes Matthews maybe, but the Jazz will probably keep him.

PG-wise, the ones that can shoot are not good on defense, but the ones that are good on defense, can't shoot. Well, at least Redick tries to play defense... 

I say we go after Reddick or Farmar.

BTW Nicedude I think you should start a new thread so there's less clutter....

Well if you guys want to meet the draft picks you can go to Embassy Suites on capitol. That's where all the new Kings stay..

so who to add next? my list would be:

(1) morrow
(2) reddick
(3) brewer only for defensive purposes
(4) blake
(5) roger mason

a combo of morrow/brewer or blake/morrow would be ideal

definitely Morrow or Reddick. I really wanted the Kings to invite Jerome Randle to summer camp but he was already invited by the Wizards.

BTW Start a new season thread!

Back
Top Bottom