OFFICIAL 2010 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD [79-82] : The losing season

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

tried that picante dog at the game tonight. fuuuuuuuu

roll.gif
roll.gif
Good or bad?

These guys totally $%++ on themselves last night

I'll be at tonights game, NOT expecting a repeat performance we better get that split

picante dog was great. ate 2 of them.
laugh.gif

then saturday, drove all the way out to san bernardino to get an Ethier bobblehead. get there 2 and a half hours before the game, got no bobblehead. piece of %@!#.

laugh.gif

then saturday, drove all the way out to san bernardino to get an Ethier bobblehead. get there 2 and a half hours before the game, got no bobblehead. piece of %@!#.
WHOA...

SERIOUSLY?

Guess i'll be leaving here at 8am to get my Manny 66ers bobblehead on Sunday

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Dodgers Draft Zach Lee With First Round Pick [/h2]
Eric_press_box_1_tiny.jpg
by Eric Stephen on Jun 7, 2010 6:45 PM PDT in Draft
comment.v1599.png
0 comments

More photos » Mike Stobe - Getty Images

Tommy Lasorda wonders if the Dodgers will sign their first round pick

Browse more photos »

The Dodgersdrafted right-handed pitcher Zach Lee with their first-round pick, the28th pick overall.  Here is what Andy Seiler of MLB Bonus Baby had tosay about Lee:
Zach Lee is a powerful right-handed pitcher from McKinneyHigh School in McKinney, Texas, a suburb of Dallas. Lee is teammateswith fellow Draft Notebook prospect Matt Lipka, and they form what islikely the best teammate draft combination in this draft class. Lee isthe pitcher between the two, and he is also the quarterback, which iswhere his draft stock gets muddy. Having been one of the mostsuccessful quarterbacks in the country as a prep, LSU came calling tosign him as both a football and baseball player, and they weresuccessful in doing so. While he didn’t choose to forego his seniorspring in favor of jumping ahead to play spring football for the Tigers,he has been relatively unavailable all spring to scouts, choosing touse Lipka as his messenger, an odd choice, though one that’sunderstandable, as he doesn’t want the pressure overtaking him. He hasthe raw stuff of a potential number two starter, and that alone shouldmake him desirable enough to be an early pick on draft day. Hisfastball is a potential plus offering, and he sits 91-93, touching 95,right now. He has room to add a couple ticks of velocity to that, andhis mechanics are exceptionally clean, meaning scouts think he won’tget in the way of himself growing with his stuff. His breaking ball isan above-average to plus slider, and his changeup is also a potentialabove-average pitch, giving him three pitches to work with andprojectability. Since he has a dual sport scholarship, teams can spreada potential bonus over as many as five years if they draft him, so thatgives them a little safety, but he will still be an incredibly toughsign. He should go in the back third of the first round, but it maytake as much as $3.5 million to get him inked in August.

Lee will be expensive if the Dodgers try to convince him to avoidfootball.  The last time my favorite team drafted an LSU quarterback inthe first round (JaMarcus Russell to the Raiders), it was a disaster. Let's hope this turns out much better.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

[h2][/h2]
Lee will be expensive if the Dodgers try to convince him to avoidfootball.  The last time my favorite team drafted an LSU quarterback inthe first round (JaMarcus Russell to the Raiders), it was a disaster. Let's hope this turns out much better.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

laugh.gif

WHOA...

SERIOUSLY?

Guess i'll be leaving here at 8am to get my Manny 66ers bobblehead on Sunday

yeah man, it definitely didnt look like 1500 people were ahead of us but i guess there were. we didnt even come close to getting it. just shook my head and left, didnt even stay for the game
laugh.gif

We'll have to wait and see.

My initial guess is no, just because doing something like that would be drawing attention to the fact that they don't spend $$, as opposed to just drafting a guy who's not gonna ask for a huge bonus.

i don't have any confidence in that logic though, because most of the decisons the past couple of years have lacked a great deal of logic.

Went to order a picante dog and they %##%$$ ran out
The beer line in the pavillion was
eek.gif

Btw, how do I claim my free claimjumper wings?

Hope this is true, info from Keith Law on the ESPN MLB Draft Blog
A cross-checker and another industry source independently told me that they expect right-handed pitcher and LSU quarterback recruit Zach Lee to sign this summer, with the latter source saying he thought the family had “played it perfectly

went to the game yesterday, could have caught a ball from kemp
smh.gif

would have had to give some girl a mean forearm shiver though to get in front.
laugh.gif

ball went right through her hands, bounced off a step in upper lf pavilion all the way to the bottom.
smh.gif
smh

and picante dogs?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
fill me in

Back
Top Bottom