Tough +*@ crowd around these parts
smh.gif

LOL I love this thread.

Heard the Dodgers drafted someone with the last name Cash? Weird
laugh.gif

LOL I love this thread.

Heard the Dodgers drafted someone with the last name Cash? Weird
laugh.gif

Whoa, whoa, best record in the National League.  
pimp.gif

Just a few weeks if you were to tell me that, I would have said G.T.F.O.

I know IronMan hates when I post articles, sorry
laugh.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Dodgers Draft Overview & Open Thread [/h2]
Eric_press_box_1_tiny.jpg
by Eric Stephen on Jun 9, 2010 12:38 AM PDT in Draft
comment.v1599.png
94 comments

More photos » Mike Stobe - Getty Images

Browse more photos »

At 9am today, rounds 31 through 50 of the MLB draft will take place.  You can follow online at MLB.com.

Here's a look at several of the Dodgers' draftees in the first 30rounds.  My personal favorite is Andrew Pevsner, the 16th rounder outof Johns Hopkins, who was born on October 15, 1988.
[h3]1st Round:  Zach Lee, RHP, McKinney, TX, DOB 9/13/91[/h3]
As you may have heard, Lee has committed to LSU in both football and baseball.  From Jim Kleinpeter of  The Times-Picayune:
Lee did not return calls to his cell phone, but LSU football coach Les Miles said Lee is sold on playing college football.

"Zach wants to come to LSU, get a degree and play football and baseball for the Tigers," Miles said in a statement released through the LSU sports informationdepartment. "I met with Zach and his parents today, and I think thatthey are looking at LSU as a great opportunity both academically andathletically. Zach is an outstanding student, and he's excited aboutthe college experience."

LSU baseball coach Paul Mainieri, whose program desperately needspitching, said he was surprised Lee was picked so high, given his highbut undisclosed asking price.

"To my knowledge, they (the Dodgers) had not had any conversationswith him about whether he was signable, " Mainieri said. "He probablyhad the reputation of being the toughest to sign in the country. Hisasking price was through the roof. He doesn't believe they are going togive him that. On the other hand, why would the Dodgers take him?"

[h3]2nd Round:  Ralston Cash, RHP, Lakeview Academy, GA, 8/20/91[/h3]
Cash committed to the University of Georgia, but looks like he isready to sign with the Dodgers, thanks in part to family ties.  FromJames Wolfe of the Gainesville Times:
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The way everything seemed to come together Tuesday has left Cash fairly convinced that he will be signing with the Dodgers.

"Most likely the big chance is that I’ll be minor league bound," he said.

PreviouslyCash had given a commitment to the University of Georgia and was unsureabout whether he would take a major league contract or go to college.

"Butwith everything working out the way it did and the Dodgers being agreat organization, I just feel like I need to go do it,’ he said.

Adding to his sense that the situation is perfect, is the fact that Cash’s cousin, Ethan Martin, is in the Dodgers’ minor league system. Martin was a first-round pick for the Dodgers in 2008 out of Stephens County High.[/font]

The Dodgers flew Cash out to Dodger Stadium, according to Morgan Lee of AccessNorthGA.com, who further indicated Cash is willing to sign:
"I’m going to go straight into the (Dodgers) system," said Cash, whopaced the Lions from the mound and the plate over the past two seasons."At this point we’ll just start negotiating with Los Angeles on acontract after the draft is over."

[h3]3rd Round - Leon Landry, CF, L/R, LSU, 9/20/89[/h3]
Landry was teammates with Michael Dean, who was also picked by theDodgers, in the eighth round.  From Jim Kleinpeter of The TimesPicayune:
Said Landry: "I just ran into him (Dean) in the hallway and gave hima big hug. We told each other we can't get away from each other thateasily. I'm pretty sure he'll be my roommate where ever we go."

[h3]4th Round - James Baldwin III, CF, L/R, Pinecrest High School, NC, 10/10/91[/h3]
Baldwin's father was a former major league pitcher, who pitched for the Dodgers in 2001.  According to Patrick Love of The Pilot, Baldwin committed to Elon, but now looks like he will sign with the Dodgers:
Calling it a "dream come true," the senior outfielder was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgersin the fourth round with the 142nd overall pick. Previously committedto play baseball at Elon, he now says he’ll turn pro out of highschool, following in the footsteps of his father, Pinecrest pitchingcoach James Baldwin Jr., a 10-year veteran of Major League Baseball.

"We just had to go along with the flow," James Baldwin III said,noting that at the beginning of baseball season, he didn’t know thatbeing drafted out of high school was an option. "I’m just trying tofollow in my dad’s footsteps, because I love the game of baseball."

[h3]5th Round - Jacob Lemmerman, SS, R/R, Duke, 5/4/89[/h3]
Lemmerman is a college junior and a likely sign.  From Javier Serna of the News & Observer:
Lemmerman grew up in Southern California and was at home with family, monitoring more than one computer.

"I took my eye off the computer for a second," Lemmerman said. "Mydad was on another computer, and he noticed the Dodgers had the nextpick. Then he started going crazy. He came up and hugged me."

http://
star-divide.v5547.jpg

[h3]6th Round - Kevin Gausman, RHP, Grandview HS, CO, 1/16/91[/h3]
Gausman, like Lee, committed to LSU, and according to Ryan Casey of the Denver Post, Gausman seems unlikely to sign with the Dodgers:
The 6-foot-4, 180-pound Gausman has committed to play at LouisianaState, which gives him leverage when it comes to signing with theDodgers. Gausman said he was leaning toward sticking with his LSUcommitment.

"Because of the amount of money that I want, (the Dodgers) are goingto follow me and see if I'm actually worth that," Gausman said.

"Being drafted in the sixth round, I think I have a chance to nextyear come out and really be a big influence at LSU and maybe even betheir No. 1 guy on the mound," he added. "As of right now, I'm set on(LSU)."

[h3]7th Round - Ryan Christenson, LHP, South Mountain CC, AZ, 1/11/89[/h3]
The Dodgers also drafted Christenson last year in the 40th round.
[h3]8th Round - Michael Dean, LF, L/L, LSU, 2/25/88[/h3]
I don't have much information on Dean, but since he was the fourthDodger pick with LSU ties, this is as good a spot as any to link to a video from LSU baseball coach Paul Mainieri, courtesy of PodKatt at And The Valley Shook, the SB Nation LSU blog.
[h3]9th Round -Steve Domescus, LF, R/R, Virginia Tech, 6/29/87[/h3]
Domescus is a Giants'fan -- he was wearing a Giants cap when he heard the news that he wasdrafted -- but he expects to sign with the Dodgers.  Per Dave Allen ofthe Marin Independent Journal:
Domecus hopes to sign quickly. He plans to visit the Dodgers'extended spring training facility in Glendale, Ariz., next week andthinks he might be sent to a rookie league team (possible the OgdenRaptors in Utah) later this summer.

"I saw they picked some other catchers in recent years, but thatdoesn't bother me," said Domecus, who said he has a vivid memory ofwatching Russell Martin, the Dodgers starting catcher, and Yadier Molina, the Cardinals catcher, in a recent game at St. Louis.

"I like watching guys like (Martin) play," Domecus said. "And theidea that I might meet (Dodgers manager) Joe Torre next spring. Thatwould be amazing."

[h3]10th Round - Bobby Coyle, OF, L/L, Fresno State, 3/6/89[/h3]
Coyle is a college junior, and a local boy who seems likely to sign.  From Jeff Davis of the Fresno Bee:
For Coyle, draft day was a dream come true.

"I grew up in the L.A. area, and it's sweet and exciting to be takenby the team I watched as a kid," said Coyle, who batted .360 with 11homers and 69 RBIs.

"You always hope to be drafted in a high round, but it's a crazy thing. You never know how it works and you can't control it.

"The next couple days I'll take a step back, meet with the Dodgers to get a better idea and see what's the best decision."

[h3]11th Round - Joc Pederson, CF, L/L, Palo Alto HIgh School, CA, 4/21/92[/h3]
Pederson's father Stu was drafted by the Dodgers in the ninth roundin 1981, and was an outfielder who played in eight games for the 1985club.  Joc Pedersen has committed to play baseball at USC.  Per DennisKnight and Glenn Reeves of the San Jose Mercury News:
"I have all summer to think about it, so I'll take my time and seewhat happens," Pederson said. "I was surprised it was the Dodgers. Alot of teams were calling to see what my (salary) number was, so thatmay have affected where I was picked."

[h3]12th Round - Matthew Kirkland, 3B, R/R, South Doyle High School, TN, 3/13/91[/h3]
Kirkland had committed to Tennessee, but he sounds like someone whowould rather turn pro than enter college.  From Jesse Smithey of the Knoxville News-Sentinel:
"I would like to start my career right now," said the 6-foot-2,205-pound Kirkland, who has a penchant for power at the plate. "But me,my adviser and the Los Angeles Dodgers have to get together andnegotiate some stuff. It'll probably be later on this week sometime.

"But it's like I said, I just want to play baseball. There are notmany people from Tennessee in the pros, really. I'd like to start mycareer early and go play pro ball."

[h3]Here are picks 18 through 30:[/h3][table][tr][td]Rd[/td][td]Pick[/td][td]Name[/td][td]DOB[/td][td]Pos[/td][td]B[/td][td]T[/td][td]Ht[/td][td]Wt[/td][td]School[/td][td]State[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]412[/td][td]Jesse Bosnik[/td][td]7/23/88[/td][td]SS[/td][td]L[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'1"[/td][td]215[/td][td]St. Bonaventure[/td][td]NY[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]442[/td][td]Alex, McRee[/td][td]6/18/88[/td][td]LHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]L[/td][td]6'7"[/td][td]235[/td][td]Georgia[/td][td]GA[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td][td]472[/td][td]Jake Eliopoulos[/td][td]5/25/91[/td][td]LHP[/td][td]L[/td][td]L[/td][td]6'3"[/td][td]190[/td][td]Chipola JC[/td][td]FL[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]502[/td][td]Andrew Pevsner[/td][td]10/15/88[/td][td]LHP[/td][td]L[/td][td]L[/td][td]6'3"[/td][td]205[/td][td]Johns Hopkins[/td][td]MD[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]532[/td][td]Logan Bawcom[/td][td]11/2/88[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]200[/td][td]UT - Arlington[/td][td]TX[/td][/tr][tr][td]18[/td][td]562[/td][td]Chadwick Arnold[/td][td]9/7/87[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'4"[/td][td]210[/td][td]Washington St[/td][td]WA[/td][/tr][tr][td]19[/td][td]592[/td][td]Benjamin Carhart[/td][td]1/21/90[/td][td]3B[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]5'10"[/td][td]185[/td][td]Palm Beach CC[/td][td]FL[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]622[/td][td]Austin Henderson[/td][td]5/26/92[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'6"[/td][td]240[/td][td]Flower Mound HS[/td][td]TX[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]652[/td][td]Noel Cuevas[/td][td]10/2/91[/td][td]CF[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]185[/td][td]Inter American[/td][td]PR[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]682[/td][td]Andre Wheeler[/td][td]9/27/91[/td][td]RF[/td][td]L[/td][td]L[/td][td]6'1"[/td][td]175[/td][td]L.C. Anderson HS[/td][td]TX[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]712[/td][td]B.J. La Rosa[/td][td]4/28/88[/td][td]C[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]200[/td][td]Bucknell[/td][td]PA[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]742[/td][td]Andrew Edge[/td][td]12/31/87[/td][td]C[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]230[/td][td]Jacksonville St[/td][td]AL[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]772[/td][td]Jeremy Gilmore[/td][td]4/1/87[/td][td]CF[/td][td]L[/td][td]L[/td][td]5'11"[/td][td]187[/td][td]Coastal Carolina[/td][td]SC[/td][/tr][tr][td]26[/td][td]802[/td][td]Scott Schebler[/td][td]10/6/90[/td][td]CF[/td][td]L[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'1"[/td][td]205[/td][td]Des Moines Area CC[/td][td]IA[/td][/tr][tr][td]27[/td][td]832[/td][td]Yimy Rodriguez[/td][td]9/1/87[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]215[/td][td]Peru St[/td][td]NE[/td][/tr][tr][td]28[/td][td]862[/td][td]Mike Drowne[/td][td]7/28/88[/td][td]CF[/td][td]R[/td][td]L[/td][td]5'10"[/td][td]175[/td][td]Sacred Heart[/td][td]CT[/td][/tr][tr][td]29[/td][td]892[/td][td]John Patterson[/td][td]5/11/87[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'3"[/td][td]220[/td][td]SW Oklahoma St[/td][td]OK[/td][/tr][tr][td]30[/td][td]922[/td][td]Shawn Tolleson[/td][td]1/19/88[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]220[/td][td]Baylor[/td][td]TX[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

I know IronMan hates when I post articles, sorry
laugh.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Dodgers Draft Overview & Open Thread [/h2]
Eric_press_box_1_tiny.jpg
by Eric Stephen on Jun 9, 2010 12:38 AM PDT in Draft
comment.v1599.png
94 comments

More photos » Mike Stobe - Getty Images

Browse more photos »

At 9am today, rounds 31 through 50 of the MLB draft will take place.  You can follow online at MLB.com.

Here's a look at several of the Dodgers' draftees in the first 30rounds.  My personal favorite is Andrew Pevsner, the 16th rounder outof Johns Hopkins, who was born on October 15, 1988.
[h3]1st Round:  Zach Lee, RHP, McKinney, TX, DOB 9/13/91[/h3]
As you may have heard, Lee has committed to LSU in both football and baseball.  From Jim Kleinpeter of  The Times-Picayune:
Lee did not return calls to his cell phone, but LSU football coach Les Miles said Lee is sold on playing college football.

"Zach wants to come to LSU, get a degree and play football and baseball for the Tigers," Miles said in a statement released through the LSU sports informationdepartment. "I met with Zach and his parents today, and I think thatthey are looking at LSU as a great opportunity both academically andathletically. Zach is an outstanding student, and he's excited aboutthe college experience."
LSU baseball coach Paul Mainieri, whose program desperately needspitching, said he was surprised Lee was picked so high, given his highbut undisclosed asking price.

"To my knowledge, they (the Dodgers) had not had any conversationswith him about whether he was signable, " Mainieri said. "He probablyhad the reputation of being the toughest to sign in the country. Hisasking price was through the roof. He doesn't believe they are going togive him that. On the other hand, why would the Dodgers take him?"

[h3]2nd Round:  Ralston Cash, RHP, Lakeview Academy, GA, 8/20/91[/h3]
Cash committed to the University of Georgia, but looks like he isready to sign with the Dodgers, thanks in part to family ties.  FromJames Wolfe of the Gainesville Times:
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The way everything seemed to come together Tuesday has left Cash fairly convinced that he will be signing with the Dodgers.

"Most likely the big chance is that I’ll be minor league bound," he said.

PreviouslyCash had given a commitment to the University of Georgia and was unsureabout whether he would take a major league contract or go to college.

"Butwith everything working out the way it did and the Dodgers being agreat organization, I just feel like I need to go do it,’ he said.

Adding to his sense that the situation is perfect, is the fact that Cash’s cousin, Ethan Martin, is in the Dodgers’ minor league system. Martin was a first-round pick for the Dodgers in 2008 out of Stephens County High.[/font]

The Dodgers flew Cash out to Dodger Stadium, according to Morgan Lee of AccessNorthGA.com, who further indicated Cash is willing to sign:
"I’m going to go straight into the (Dodgers) system," said Cash, whopaced the Lions from the mound and the plate over the past two seasons."At this point we’ll just start negotiating with Los Angeles on acontract after the draft is over."

[h3]3rd Round - Leon Landry, CF, L/R, LSU, 9/20/89[/h3]
Landry was teammates with Michael Dean, who was also picked by theDodgers, in the eighth round.  From Jim Kleinpeter of The TimesPicayune:
Said Landry: "I just ran into him (Dean) in the hallway and gave hima big hug. We told each other we can't get away from each other thateasily. I'm pretty sure he'll be my roommate where ever we go."

[h3]4th Round - James Baldwin III, CF, L/R, Pinecrest High School, NC, 10/10/91[/h3]
Baldwin's father was a former major league pitcher, who pitched for the Dodgers in 2001.  According to Patrick Love of The Pilot, Baldwin committed to Elon, but now looks like he will sign with the Dodgers:
Calling it a "dream come true," the senior outfielder was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgersin the fourth round with the 142nd overall pick. Previously committedto play baseball at Elon, he now says he’ll turn pro out of highschool, following in the footsteps of his father, Pinecrest pitchingcoach James Baldwin Jr., a 10-year veteran of Major League Baseball.

"We just had to go along with the flow," James Baldwin III said,noting that at the beginning of baseball season, he didn’t know thatbeing drafted out of high school was an option. "I’m just trying tofollow in my dad’s footsteps, because I love the game of baseball."

[h3]5th Round - Jacob Lemmerman, SS, R/R, Duke, 5/4/89[/h3]
Lemmerman is a college junior and a likely sign.  From Javier Serna of the News & Observer:
Lemmerman grew up in Southern California and was at home with family, monitoring more than one computer.

"I took my eye off the computer for a second," Lemmerman said. "Mydad was on another computer, and he noticed the Dodgers had the nextpick. Then he started going crazy. He came up and hugged me."

http://
star-divide.v5547.jpg

[h3]6th Round - Kevin Gausman, RHP, Grandview HS, CO, 1/16/91[/h3]
Gausman, like Lee, committed to LSU, and according to Ryan Casey of the Denver Post, Gausman seems unlikely to sign with the Dodgers:
The 6-foot-4, 180-pound Gausman has committed to play at LouisianaState, which gives him leverage when it comes to signing with theDodgers. Gausman said he was leaning toward sticking with his LSUcommitment.

"Because of the amount of money that I want, (the Dodgers) are goingto follow me and see if I'm actually worth that," Gausman said.

"Being drafted in the sixth round, I think I have a chance to nextyear come out and really be a big influence at LSU and maybe even betheir No. 1 guy on the mound," he added. "As of right now, I'm set on(LSU)."

[h3]7th Round - Ryan Christenson, LHP, South Mountain CC, AZ, 1/11/89[/h3]
The Dodgers also drafted Christenson last year in the 40th round.
[h3]8th Round - Michael Dean, LF, L/L, LSU, 2/25/88[/h3]
I don't have much information on Dean, but since he was the fourthDodger pick with LSU ties, this is as good a spot as any to link to a video from LSU baseball coach Paul Mainieri, courtesy of PodKatt at And The Valley Shook, the SB Nation LSU blog.
[h3]9th Round -Steve Domescus, LF, R/R, Virginia Tech, 6/29/87[/h3]
Domescus is a Giants'fan -- he was wearing a Giants cap when he heard the news that he wasdrafted -- but he expects to sign with the Dodgers.  Per Dave Allen ofthe Marin Independent Journal:
Domecus hopes to sign quickly. He plans to visit the Dodgers'extended spring training facility in Glendale, Ariz., next week andthinks he might be sent to a rookie league team (possible the OgdenRaptors in Utah) later this summer.

"I saw they picked some other catchers in recent years, but thatdoesn't bother me," said Domecus, who said he has a vivid memory ofwatching Russell Martin, the Dodgers starting catcher, and Yadier Molina, the Cardinals catcher, in a recent game at St. Louis.

"I like watching guys like (Martin) play," Domecus said. "And theidea that I might meet (Dodgers manager) Joe Torre next spring. Thatwould be amazing."

[h3]10th Round - Bobby Coyle, OF, L/L, Fresno State, 3/6/89[/h3]
Coyle is a college junior, and a local boy who seems likely to sign.  From Jeff Davis of the Fresno Bee:
For Coyle, draft day was a dream come true.

"I grew up in the L.A. area, and it's sweet and exciting to be takenby the team I watched as a kid," said Coyle, who batted .360 with 11homers and 69 RBIs.

"You always hope to be drafted in a high round, but it's a crazy thing. You never know how it works and you can't control it.

"The next couple days I'll take a step back, meet with the Dodgers to get a better idea and see what's the best decision."

[h3]11th Round - Joc Pederson, CF, L/L, Palo Alto HIgh School, CA, 4/21/92[/h3]
Pederson's father Stu was drafted by the Dodgers in the ninth roundin 1981, and was an outfielder who played in eight games for the 1985club.  Joc Pedersen has committed to play baseball at USC.  Per DennisKnight and Glenn Reeves of the San Jose Mercury News:
"I have all summer to think about it, so I'll take my time and seewhat happens," Pederson said. "I was surprised it was the Dodgers. Alot of teams were calling to see what my (salary) number was, so thatmay have affected where I was picked."

[h3]12th Round - Matthew Kirkland, 3B, R/R, South Doyle High School, TN, 3/13/91[/h3]
Kirkland had committed to Tennessee, but he sounds like someone whowould rather turn pro than enter college.  From Jesse Smithey of the Knoxville News-Sentinel:
"I would like to start my career right now," said the 6-foot-2,205-pound Kirkland, who has a penchant for power at the plate. "But me,my adviser and the Los Angeles Dodgers have to get together andnegotiate some stuff. It'll probably be later on this week sometime.

"But it's like I said, I just want to play baseball. There are notmany people from Tennessee in the pros, really. I'd like to start mycareer early and go play pro ball."

[h3]Here are picks 18 through 30:[/h3][table][tr][td]Rd[/td][td]Pick[/td][td]Name[/td][td]DOB[/td][td]Pos[/td][td]B[/td][td]T[/td][td]Ht[/td][td]Wt[/td][td]School[/td][td]State[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]412[/td][td]Jesse Bosnik[/td][td]7/23/88[/td][td]SS[/td][td]L[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'1"[/td][td]215[/td][td]St. Bonaventure[/td][td]NY[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]442[/td][td]Alex, McRee[/td][td]6/18/88[/td][td]LHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]L[/td][td]6'7"[/td][td]235[/td][td]Georgia[/td][td]GA[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td][td]472[/td][td]Jake Eliopoulos[/td][td]5/25/91[/td][td]LHP[/td][td]L[/td][td]L[/td][td]6'3"[/td][td]190[/td][td]Chipola JC[/td][td]FL[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]502[/td][td]Andrew Pevsner[/td][td]10/15/88[/td][td]LHP[/td][td]L[/td][td]L[/td][td]6'3"[/td][td]205[/td][td]Johns Hopkins[/td][td]MD[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]532[/td][td]Logan Bawcom[/td][td]11/2/88[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]200[/td][td]UT - Arlington[/td][td]TX[/td][/tr][tr][td]18[/td][td]562[/td][td]Chadwick Arnold[/td][td]9/7/87[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'4"[/td][td]210[/td][td]Washington St[/td][td]WA[/td][/tr][tr][td]19[/td][td]592[/td][td]Benjamin Carhart[/td][td]1/21/90[/td][td]3B[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]5'10"[/td][td]185[/td][td]Palm Beach CC[/td][td]FL[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]622[/td][td]Austin Henderson[/td][td]5/26/92[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'6"[/td][td]240[/td][td]Flower Mound HS[/td][td]TX[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]652[/td][td]Noel Cuevas[/td][td]10/2/91[/td][td]CF[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]185[/td][td]Inter American[/td][td]PR[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]682[/td][td]Andre Wheeler[/td][td]9/27/91[/td][td]RF[/td][td]L[/td][td]L[/td][td]6'1"[/td][td]175[/td][td]L.C. Anderson HS[/td][td]TX[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]712[/td][td]B.J. La Rosa[/td][td]4/28/88[/td][td]C[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]200[/td][td]Bucknell[/td][td]PA[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]742[/td][td]Andrew Edge[/td][td]12/31/87[/td][td]C[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]230[/td][td]Jacksonville St[/td][td]AL[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]772[/td][td]Jeremy Gilmore[/td][td]4/1/87[/td][td]CF[/td][td]L[/td][td]L[/td][td]5'11"[/td][td]187[/td][td]Coastal Carolina[/td][td]SC[/td][/tr][tr][td]26[/td][td]802[/td][td]Scott Schebler[/td][td]10/6/90[/td][td]CF[/td][td]L[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'1"[/td][td]205[/td][td]Des Moines Area CC[/td][td]IA[/td][/tr][tr][td]27[/td][td]832[/td][td]Yimy Rodriguez[/td][td]9/1/87[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]215[/td][td]Peru St[/td][td]NE[/td][/tr][tr][td]28[/td][td]862[/td][td]Mike Drowne[/td][td]7/28/88[/td][td]CF[/td][td]R[/td][td]L[/td][td]5'10"[/td][td]175[/td][td]Sacred Heart[/td][td]CT[/td][/tr][tr][td]29[/td][td]892[/td][td]John Patterson[/td][td]5/11/87[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'3"[/td][td]220[/td][td]SW Oklahoma St[/td][td]OK[/td][/tr][tr][td]30[/td][td]922[/td][td]Shawn Tolleson[/td][td]1/19/88[/td][td]RHP[/td][td]R[/td][td]R[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]220[/td][td]Baylor[/td][td]TX[/td][/tr][/table]

new page bump

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

anyone ever sit in the all you can eat section? whats included on the menu?
yessir
i think its dodger dogs, nachos, popcorn, peanuts and soda/water

stop serving in the 7th though. by that time though you are already stuffed.

anyone ever sit in the all you can eat section? whats included on the menu?

Never sat there but from what I here:

Dodgers Dogs
Nachos
Popcorn
Soda

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I read on Twitter that a dude proposed to a girl at the game yesterday and she ran away, but said yes a few innings later.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
mhmm, I was there
roll.gif

Here's the LAtimes beat writer

Dude proposes to girlfriend in the middle of the sixth inning. Girl runs away. Laughter in the press box. about 18 hours ago via web Retweeted by 3 people

dylanohernandez

Dylan Hernandez

Girlwho ran away when her boyfriend proposed to her was just shown on thevideo scoreboard making out with her BF and showing off her ring. about 18 hours ago via web Retweeted by 1 person

dylanohernandez

Dylan Hernandez

Kiss cam was during the 2nd inning when she proposed, she was on his lap with the ring on during the 7th inning stretch

do they offer any sort of spicy hot dog on the menu?

Well, there's jalapeno slices
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

did we really take a player in the 1st round because they knew he wouldnt sign?

Gonna have to just wait and see.

I doubt it, simply because that would be like Frank waving his arms saying "I'm not gonna spend any money, ever!"

Just seems pretty fishy to me, given the situation.

Would not surprise me one bit.

Gonna have to just wait and see.

I doubt it, simply because that would be like Frank waving his arms saying "I'm not gonna spend any money, ever!"

I'm reading that if they can't sign Zach Lee, they'll use the money to go after the 6th rounder who's supposed to be a tough sign.

Originally Posted by rothypejc

I'm reading that if they can't sign Zach Lee, they'll use the money to go after the 6th rounder who's supposed to be a tough sign.

That 6th rounder is Kevin Gausman, who's also committed to LSU.

Leading up to the draft, I thought Gausman would be a great pick for us in the 1st round, but it appears that he really wants to play at LSU.

So yeah they could use the $$ for Lee on Gausman, but there's nothing to say that he would take it.

Another thing to consider is that next years draft should be better than this years, by a lot. You could make a decent argument that punting the pick is a wise decision either way. The lost year of development for the pick would negate most of the advantage to doing that though
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom