Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread reminds me of back when the Heatles first came together.

Gonna be declarations on the Warriors' entire season after each win or loss.

Can't wait for the "_________ should be taking the last shot" talk when Steph, KD, or Klay miss a game winner.

I know the Warriors looked godly in the pre-season by growing pains were to be expected when the real games started. Granted I did not imagine a 29 point washing in the home opener.

Unless there is a complete implosion ultimately I think this Warriors team will figure it out.

This thread reminds me of back when the Heatles first came together.

Gonna be declarations on the Warriors' entire season after each win or loss.

Can't wait for the "_________ should be taking the last shot" talk when Steph, KD, or Klay miss a game winner.

I know the Warriors looked godly in the pre-season by growing pains were to be expected when the real games started. Granted I did not imagine a 29 point washing in the home opener.

Unless there is a complete implosion ultimately I think this Warriors team will figure it out.

HOT TAKE HOT TAKE lol

But, this is all most logical people are saying.

People forget the Heat started out 9-8 during Year 1. Then proceeded to go on a 21-2 stretch. At the end of the day, they still lost in the Finals to a team with less star power, but better coach and the best player in that series.

Last edited:
Best player on GSW is?

sidenote; Where in the hell are all the GSW fans this year? Dudes fell way off

you a wolves fan too?
ive never met another one lol although people are tryna hop on our bandwagon now

Hold up did i hear Kawhi worked out with Kobe all off season [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

Where'd you hear this? I do remember back in a February pop said he wanted Kobe to work with Kawhi in the off season. Don't know if it happened or not. Is that what you're referring to?

GS got beat by a better team with a better coach. Can't outscore teams if you struggling to score yourself. Let this team start slightly above .500 and the damn sports media will be talking about it though Christmas
sick.gif
laugh.gif

No man. Spurs are not the better team.

They played a near perfect game last night is all.

2 days ago folks (SPurs fans included) were talking about rebuild time for SAS and trading LMA etc. 

Now, they are the better team? No way.

Not just the heat, didn't the Cavs absolutely get washed in their home and season opener when they first got together? LeBron was out there lookin extra nervous. Analysts thought they would win like 70 games since we thought Kevin Love was above average back then

So basically any team with two bigs that's tall and can be productive and someone to make sure Klay have a bad night equals a win. The armor have been broke and the Spurs gave the blueprint for the rest of the league to take notes, time to expose this team.
No

The Spurs just played the best game they will play all season. Pop had an entire summer to prepare for that matchup and they were hitting everything that they put up. Kawhi looked like damn Michael Jordan, Aldridge looked like the best big in the league, Simmons looked like an All-Star, all of Ginobli and Mills shots were falling. That is not happening for them ever again.

There were some people in here laughing that the Spurs would even be a 50 win team this year and Spurs fans themselves were saying they hope they trade Aldridge because they need to go young since they don't have a chance at beating the Warriors or Cavs. Some of you are so easily influenced by one game.
THank you for addressing that right away. 

(catching up on the thread, takes aren't as Hot as I thought they'd be)

This thread is coming around
nerd.gif

cavs didn't lose by 30 lol
and that's different because lbj kyrie and love had never played with each other
kyrie and love had never even been on a good team
stop comparing the two

different circumstances..

KD is joining other dudes who were all there last year.. and on top of that KD was working out and playing with klay and dray at and for the olympics

plus all this smoke we have gotten from the owner and players on the squad.. they going revolutionize the game!

Last edited:
The drastic improvement year over year of the ball handling is the craziest thing. I always felt that was one of the hardest things to fix.

yeaaaa kawhi might be top 4 if he's actually as good as he played last night.
wasn't even that he scored 35. he looked fluid handling the ball and creating his own shot.

Hold up did i hear Kawhi worked out with Kobe all off season [emoji]128064[/emoji][emoji]128064[/emoji]

Where'd you hear this? I do remember back in a February pop said he wanted Kobe to work with Kawhi in the off season. Don't know if it happened or not. Is that what you're referring to?

Rare photo of a training session

maxresdefault.jpg

I noticed Kawhi had a lil cockyness last night. :lol: :pimp:

Pop asked kobe to "mentor" him since kawhi lives in SoCal
kawhi also put in work with MJ since he's part of team jordan and done various clinics

View media item 2210997
two of the greatest system guys to play the game

lies.. this the most emotion dude has shown in his life:

I seent it...

dude was at the top of the key doing between the legs dribbles before draining a quick pull up on the GS Busters :smokin

I was like wait a min not the stop and pop thats MJ/Kobe esk....then i remembered i saw a tweet during the summer about him working out with Kobe :x

cavs didn't lose by 30 lol
and that's different because lbj kyrie and love had never played with each other
kyrie and love had never even been on a good team
stop comparing the two

wait so you think the very first time they played with each other or ran plays with each other was their season opener? word. EL OH EL

Dame Dolla.

Boy reminding me of Hibachi but smarter.
laugh.gif

Joe Johnson looked good last night too.

and Gobert.

I LOVE this Game!
Joe Johnson is someone I can't understand.

You said he had a good game, and he kind of did. He at least had a good half.

Joe is a guy who keeps playing and wants to start but he never asserts himself in spots where teams need him.

Man listen, last night it was the same way.....in the first half the guy had 2 pts and only TWO SHOTS

Now understand, Favors and Gordon are both out, and tell my why a man with his skill would only take 2 shots?

I'd bet money that Quinn called him a puzzy at half time and told him he couldn't get on the Plane home unless he starting using his skills they paid him for.

End Rant

I heard Kawhi yell "god dammit" to a ref looking for a call last night. I swear to christ it was him. I bet it was warranted, I believe Kawhi. Still blown away at it tho.

Last edited:
wait so you think the very first time they played with each other or ran plays with each other was their season opener? word. EL OH EL
yes because practice and preseason compare to an actual game lmao.
and if you wanna go that route... kd had all of that + the olympics.
the two situations are clearly different, i wish y'all would stop comparing the two

“He basically tells me what he wants to do now,” Popovich said of Leonard. “He’ll take the ball. He’ll send the screener away. He’ll decide if he wants to go one-on-one with no screen, no pick. He is much more demonstrative, looks for his shots more. He knows he has a green light. I think that’s the difference. He’s making 3s or he’s driving it. Now he’s finding people on the court. While people are giving him attention, he’s finding people like Patty Mills for wide-open shots. He’s a tough cover. He’s really just more confident, more aggressive, more hungry to score than in the past.”

“He basically tells me what he wants to do now,” Popovich said of Leonard. “He’ll take the ball. He’ll send the screener away. He’ll decide if he wants to go one-on-one with no screen, no pick. He is much more demonstrative, looks for his shots more. He knows he has a green light. I think that’s the difference. He’s making 3s or he’s driving it. Now he’s finding people on the court. While people are giving him attention, he’s finding people like Patty Mills for wide-open shots. He’s a tough cover. He’s really just more confident, more aggressive, more hungry to score than in the past.”

Thats Scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom