Official Air Jordan III/XX CDP Release Post! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by ehbball88

Just bought 6 packs is this going to backfire on me?

do you plan to resell? or keep?

If you plan to resell, you definitely screwed, the profit isnt that great after you minus shipping and minus other fee's.
if you plan to keep, why do you care what we think? if you absolutely like them and want to keep them, then nothing will backfire.

Originally Posted by Grailman911

Originally Posted by Be4Chst

i dont know about yall but 209 is not a good deal on some recent retros. thats rape! 109 for the 20's is a steal though.

How is 209 not a good deal? Explain please?
ebay has it for more than 230. So does our own Buying/Selling forum

2 words: Dont hate.

explain?.......... think about it. how much does a aj 3 retail for. im not to sure but i think its either 115 or 135. y would u think 209 dollars is a good deal just because everyone has jacked up the price? that doesnt make since to me. wat does make since is that 20's retro for 175 and the have them for 109. thats wat u call a good deal. heck a great one. u dont understand u dont have to cop for a rediculous price just because the shoe is popular. hell u u gone pay 209 or 230 for one shoe u might as well spend a couple more dollars on the whole pack. ive been collecting for about 5 years now. or if you looked at it this way half of a 310$ pack is 155. so y would u think 209 and 230 are good deals? and i never ever payed over retail for a pair of shoes. and i have copped some pretty hyped shoes years after they were released for retail and under retail. people like you are the reason y resellers jack up prices because they know you'll fall for the hype trick.

con someone explain to me y 230 is a fair price on a pair of recent retro 3's? i could see if we were talkin bout some og's or old retros.
pimp.gif
finally someone who thinks how i think. there are dealsto be had, you just have to have self control and not give into the beast.

The white "Nike Netherlands" tag on the inside left shoe is strange. I haven't seen any pics of inside the shoe but I assume they all ahd thissticker/stamp.

i payed 260 for the iii's a few months ago im mad i didnt wait

gj to everyone for waiting and getting such good deals

i still liek the kicks though no doubt

Originally Posted by ehbball88

Just bought 6 packs is this going to backfire on me?

roll.gif

This reminds me of that dude who bought 20 gold flightposites at retail bc someone on NT told him that he would make akilling reselling them. Then he was getting madd bc ppl were winning his auctions for like 120
roll.gif

Originally Posted by richiedge

Grailman, I see where you're coming from. You have to look at it this way, though. When you split the pack, you're paying what the resell value would be as if they were to have been released seperately.

If these III's were a semi limited GR (same amount of pairs produced as packs released) released seperately for $125, better believe the resale on RD would be $210-$250. Simply because people would be all over such a classic colorway for $125.

If these XX's released as a single retro, in this all black colorway, for $175...better believe the fair market price would be around $110.

u dont understand my point do you? last time i checked a jordan shoe box it didnt have a resell price on it. it had a suggested retail price on it. nobodiesmaking u by shoe for resell price because there is no such thing. its called hype!!!!!!!!!! hype is wat makes these resellers profit like they do. i rememberwhen this shoe finally hit the nt scene and it was getting comparisons to the og's and old retro's everyone was disgusted with the quality of theshoe.but over time hype grew on this shoe and everyone is falling on the bandwagon of copping a shoe that was just released for 100 dollars over retail or 70over wat half of the pack would cost. i would honestly fell stupid buying a pair of shoes( recently released) for 230 and saying that its a good deal. i want uto explain to me y u think u should cop for a good resell price? and tell me how "resell" became a reasonable alternative to holding off or eenpassing up a shoe?

Originally Posted by richiedge

Grailman, I see where you're coming from. You have to look at it this way, though. When you split the pack, you're paying what the resell value would be as if they were to have been released seperately.

If these III's were a semi limited GR (same amount of pairs produced as packs released) released seperately for $125, better believe the resale on RD would be $210-$250. Simply because people would be all over such a classic colorway for $125.

If these XX's released as a single retro, in this all black colorway, for $175...better believe the fair market price would be around $110.

u dont understand my point do you? last time i checked a jordan shoe box it didnt have a resell price on it. it had a suggested retail price on it. nobodies making u by shoe for resell price because there is no such thing. its called hype!!!!!!!!!! hype is wat makes these resellers profit like they do. i remember when this shoe finally hit the nt scene and it was getting comparisons to the og's and old retro's everyone was disgusted with the quality of the shoe.but over time hype grew on this shoe and everyone is falling on the bandwagon of copping a shoe that was just released for 100 dollars over retail or 70 over wat half of the pack would cost. i would honestly fell stupid buying a pair of shoes( recently released) for 230 and saying that its a good deal. i want u to explain to me y u think u should cop for a good resell price? and tell me how "resell" became a reasonable alternative to holding off or een passing up a shoe?

Your argument is pointless and misguided. You seem to think the term "reasonable" is objective, when its anything but. "Reasonable" is inthe eye of the person buying the shoes. If someone really wants the shoe they're gonna pay what they think is reasonable rather than pass it up. Call ithype or bandwagoning or whatever you want, but the market is efficicient and it (not you) determines what the value of a given shoe is at a given point intime. You can get mad at people who are willing to pay more than you all you want, but that isn't gonna bring the value of the shoe down not one cent.

And by the way, suggested retail means nothing when it comes to shoes. I've seen retail outlets charge 3 times (or more) the suggested retail price ofsome shoes b/c that's what the market valued them at. The point is, the market determines the value of a shoe... not JB, not your local footlocker, andcertainly not you.

Did anyone get the orders cancelled from UTA since the upped the price? Mine got cancelled, now I'm stuck with not getting them or shelling out another$20.

Grailman911 its a pointless argument, if people are content on overpaying then let them throw their money away. some people are suckers of corporate americaand hype it is what it is no changing that.

Originally Posted by Mannchyld

Did anyone get the orders cancelled from UTA since the upped the price? Mine got cancelled, now I'm stuck with not getting them or shelling out another $20.
WHY??? did they explain???

Originally Posted by jamespiritu

^ mine got shipped today... bought it when is was $209.99, fews days back

i tought they dont ship till monday??? did u get an email??

Minert shipped today as well! maybe u placed ur order after their stock ran out and wasnt updated yet

Originally Posted by j o 19

Minert shipped today as well! maybe u placed ur order after their stock ran out and wasnt updated yet

so did u get an email saying it was shipped??? i didnt get canceled but i didnt get any email telling me it's shipped

Originally Posted by karxken

so did u get an email saying it was shipped??? i didnt get canceled but i didnt get any email telling me it's shipped

i talked to UTA and he said the shipment came in today so he will ship them out today (which seems like he has done) and the rest tomorrow. hope that helps

Originally Posted by Mannchyld

Did anyone get the orders cancelled from UTA since the upped the price? Mine got cancelled, now I'm stuck with not getting them or shelling out another $20.
WHY??? did they explain???

No explanation whatsoever. I just got an email saying my order was cancelled and to try again.

yeah i just now got an email saying its shipped.....
pimp.gif

I got my package in a couple of days ago (paid retail) and I absolutely adore these III's. I know it's not the 2001 version but it'll do forwearing, and besides I already own the 01's DS.

But the III's are definitely nice and the XX's are well.......the XX's. They're nothing special and very bland.......but they'll make forgood whenever kicks.
pimp.gif

Did you create an acct with UTA when you placed your order? I did on Tuesday, payed the $209.99...checked the acct today and it said it wasshipped, it also showed a tracking #

Originally Posted by WickedxCL

Did you create an acct with UTA when you placed your order? I did on Tuesday, payed the $209.99...checked the acct today and it said it was shipped, it also showed a tracking #

i created an account but i couldnt use thier checkout so i went with google checkout..i tired to log in but i cant find a link where i can find order status??? is there one??

Originally Posted by WickedxCL

Did you create an acct with UTA when you placed your order? I did on Tuesday, payed the $209.99...checked the acct today and it said it was shipped, it also showed a tracking #

i created an account but i couldnt use thier checkout so i went with google checkout..i tired to log in but i cant find a link where i can find order status??? is there one??
once you log on the screen "My Account" should show up...once there there is an "order information" section...right below itthere is a "view order history" link...if your purchase went thru you should be able to view an order # and an order status tab in the "vieworder history" link

my UTA order has been shipped as well-- i got them right when they were 1st put up for sale, and I think they added $20 to the price to basically cover theshipping costs since they do offer free shipping

Back
Top Bottom