Official BBQ thread

You can't really grill ribs - but if you can get them in indirect heat you want low and slow for 5 or 6 hours.

You can't really grill ribs - but if you can get them in indirect heat you want low and slow for 5 or 6 hours.
:wow: oh damn that's a long time . I guess it's worth it in the end though(it damb well better be) . :lol:

I generally do 2 hours unwrapped then 2 hours wrapped, then 1 hour unwrapped; all at 225 and indirect heat of course.

With bbq it's really trial and error, it takes time to get your process down. It's good to have a notebook and jot down notes about what you are doing and after the smoke jot down what you think should be tweaked for the next smoke.

I do ribs on the grill all the time like that. Stuff all the coals and wood chips or whatever to one side with a water pan on the other. Usually takes between 4.5-5 hours.

I do 3-2-20min on ribs charcoal smoker 225 with Apple wood. wrap them in foil covered in honey and brown sugar for the 2 hours wrapped

I do 3-2-20min on ribs charcoal smoker 225 with Apple wood. wrap them in foil covered in honey and brown sugar for the 2 hours wrapped
I do the same when I wrap but with butter too. You don't even need sauce they are so good.

The times really also depend on the cut. A baby back is gojng to be less time than a spare. And a st Louis is in between both of them, obviously.

I'm going to wrap it in a napkin and take it home.

safe it for tomorrow when I'm alone.

Trying out this camping grill I just bought locally for $8. I had the folding grill underneath but the problem was getting a big enough fire but then having space between the fire and the food.

This works really well. Trying out some chicken and corn. Really easy to keep the temperature about right.

The frame is pretty beat up. Had to drill out some bolts and replaced them with SS wing nuts so it breaks down to easily fit in my car. Should last the summer easily though.

View media item 2097399

Last edited:
I grilled a small rack of ribs last night (first time) and was really hesitant on how they would come out.

Left them on for about 40-5 minutes only and to my surprise they wound up being solid. Good portion of cooking time was without tinfoil at high heat (350/400 degrees) but the last few minutes I wrapped them so they didn't burn/char anymore.

Ideally slow cooking them at a lower temperature would be better.

Last edited:
Smoked salmon

sick.gif
smokin.gif

What was the process on that salmon?

Whats alder wood smoke like? Thats prolly one of the only ones ive never used. Ive Never see it here in texas.

What was the process on that salmon?

Whats alder wood smoke like? Thats prolly one of the only ones ive never used. Ive Never see it here in texas.
I used a basic dry brine..salt, brown sugar and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours

Rinsed it off and sat it under a fan for like an hour to form the pellicle, smoked for around 2 hours or so.

I think next time I'll brine it longer and maybe add some more/different spices to the brine

Alder is pretty light and sweet, I like it cause it's not as overpowering as some other woods 

Nice ill have to try that.

Yall ever smoke pork belly? Ive been really interested in doin a few of them but havent had time to really smoke anything for about a month

Last edited:
I need to try Pork Belly soon...peep a few vids on youtube, **** looks amazing

Back
Top Bottom