Official Clash of the Titans Movie Post

yall are tripping. movie did the original GREAT justice. the OG was campy and full of cheese... this new version is just a bigger, badder 2010 version of that.

i can understand if youre salty about the 3D, but you're also a simp for going to see it in 3D in the first place. it has been widely reported from the jump that the movie wasnt shot in 3D... so there really was no point.

the movie moved along pretty quickly from the jump, but i dont think it sacrificed anything. if anything, it helped get the meat and potatoes of the story. all the characters/creatures from the original were represented well... minus the dioskilos (2 headed dogs) ... which kinda sucked, but i honestly didnt even realize they were missing until a few minutes ago.

to dude talking about the mythology.... Clash of the Titans mythology has ALWAYS been off. the original was a crash course of greek AND roman mythology, which often contradict each other to begin with. you cant blame that on the new movie. its pretty true to the original story.

i cant understand how some of you LOVED the OG, but dislike the new version. what were you expecting? this is a popcorn flick, made for the soul purpose of giving cats something to do on a friday night. just like the original was.

i have the original, love it. saw this tonight, loved it too.

also.... you cats that expected some "epic lord of the rings type" film. why? thats NOT what the original was. i'd much rather have a new series of films that tackles mythology (accurately) on its own (god of war maybe?).

in my opinion, this movie is on par with joints like star trek, transformers, etc. thats what you should be expecting. some thoughtless entertainment. anything other than that... and you're playing yourself.

this movie is exactly what it should have been. a visually enhanced version of a classic tale.

Spoiler [+]
i liked this more than avatar.

*kanye shrug*

watched it on the regular screen tonight. movie was entertaining and i also agree on the ending being rushed.

I loved it.

I just wondered why they didnt call him Hercules at some point,lol

I seen the first 1 when I was a lil boy, but I dont remember it well.

Spoiler [+]
I wanted to kick his *#@ myself when he didnt use that sord that Zeus gave him at first.

Joe i will def agree with you about  enjoying this more than Avatar, this movie served its purpose which was to entertain. 

Spoiler [+]
  am i the only one who all got sad when Calibos offed the chick, then got all happy when Zeus told Perseus "i wont let u do it alone"   and  she was brought back.  son was all
happy.gif
  after that

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

yall are tripping. movie did the original GREAT justice. the OG was campy and full of cheese... this new version is just a bigger, badder 2010 version of that.

i can understand if youre salty about the 3D, but you're also a simp for going to see it in 3D in the first place. it has been widely reported from the jump that the movie wasnt shot in 3D... so there really was no point.

the movie moved along pretty quickly from the jump, but i dont think it sacrificed anything. if anything, it helped get the meat and potatoes of the story. all the characters/creatures from the original were represented well... minus the dioskilos (2 headed dogs) ... which kinda sucked, but i honestly didnt even realize they were missing until a few minutes ago.

to dude talking about the mythology.... Clash of the Titans mythology has ALWAYS been off. the original was a crash course of greek AND roman mythology, which often contradict each other to begin with. you cant blame that on the new movie. its pretty true to the original story.

i cant understand how some of you LOVED the OG, but dislike the new version. what were you expecting? this is a popcorn flick, made for the soul purpose of giving cats something to do on a friday night. just like the original was.

i have the original, love it. saw this tonight, loved it too.

also.... you cats that expected some "epic lord of the rings type" film. why? thats NOT what the original was. i'd much rather have a new series of films that tackles mythology (accurately) on its own (god of war maybe?).

in my opinion, this movie is on par with joints like star trek, transformers, etc. thats what you should be expecting. some thoughtless entertainment. anything other than that... and you're playing yourself.

this movie is exactly what it should have been. a visually enhanced version of a classic tale.

Spoiler [+]
i liked this more than avatar.

*kanye shrug*

Eh, can't agree with all fo that. I agree it was entertaining but if they made the movie an extra 30-40 minutes long to kind of slow the pace downa  bit and actually tell a bit of story the movie would have been much better. I wouldn't have minded it, even if it wasn't in 3D, as long as there are some depth to the story. I expected Lords of the Ring type of movie because the original actually had story and not just this RPG-esque type of story. Now in this remakes defense, the originals wasn't the best or most in-depth but I was hoping a more epic movie than a summer blockbuster type movie. If this was Transformers, then I would just expect action and Megan Fox looking great in the big screen but this is Clash of the Titans, the only reason most people think the original sucks today is because it was 2 decade old movie so obviously story telling and overall production would have a bigger expectatiosn today. It was pretty epic back then, similar to Psycho. Back then it was scary as hell but now, it has it's moments but nothing as scary back then. 
That's just me though, when I hear Clash of the Titans, I do not think of a movie cashcow Hollywood would nake for a profit, although I should know better. I still expected it to better than what I got. The movie was a quick r-interpretation of the original. I would have just preferred it if it was exactly like the original but moved the story and dialogue faster and just capitalize on the action and todays technology. The Kraken was awesome but it was too brief, felt like all the CG was wasted there as it didn't deliver as well as it could have.

I also haven't read that the movie wasn't intentionally made for 3D, if I did then I probably would have saved my money and seen it in 2D. 

^^ i feel you and i agree.

hopefully the blu-ray (which will be copped) has some dope extras.

the movie was eh..so glad I didn't spend the extra bucks for 3D. Thanks NT. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom