OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And why did we get two rushed seasons again? I feel like I remember it being a budget issue which is crazy.
Maybe it was a budget issue, but I feel the showrunners are just done with this show and want to start a new project.

And why did we get two rushed seasons again? I feel like I remember it being a budget issue which is crazy.

Just my opinion, but I get the sense that D&D are ready to move on from GOT and want to wrap it up ASAP. It also doesn't help that GRRM has so much **** on his plate. It's sad because, IMO, this is the GOAT TV show.

They should hand over the reins and let someone else give the show a proper finish. The show is bigger than ever. Do it justice.

Get that same notion. They have been working on this for a decade now and people just get burnt out from a long project. Part of the blame imo goes to GRRM as well for leaving them with unresolved plot threads from the novels and giving them bullet points to tie things together.

It just sucks that a high standard is set, anything that does not meet that standard sticks out, even when the product is still pretty good, arguably still number one, compared to other shows out.

Last edited:
im starting to believe that this story does not have a happy ending. i think the bad guys win in this one. martin wouldnt have it any other way.

76 total episodes so far..I think it would be crazy if u never watched and binge-watched it all in a week..u would have to be unemployed on vacation or retired tho lol

as far as its been reported, the shorter seasons were chosen by the showrunners. I'm sure HBO would've loved more GOT, that's why they're working on a prequel now.

When you think about it, a show like this with at least 6 full seasons is a lot. Sopranos had like 6.5 seasons, The Wire had 5. Boardwalk Empire had 5 seasons but the 5th was shortened. GoT has to be the costliest show (or at least top 3). While fans might dislike the shortened seasons, they do make sense.

im starting to believe that this story does not have a happy ending. i think the bad guys win in this one. martin wouldnt have it any other way.

GRRM promised a bittersweet ending. So I imagine the "good guys" ultimately win but there will be major casualties. A Pyrrhic Victory I'm guessing.

Jon dies killing the Night King, Dany dies in childbirth delivering their son.

Bran became the Night King because Westeros wouldn't have survived Winter fighting each other and needed an enemy to unite against.

I'm not even bummed out about it ending.
It needs resolve before the heel turn.

Social Media is finicky.
Win the mob and win your freedom.
Lose the mob and face death.
Get out clean.

21032573_10159129785135545_6509021540861695105_n.jpg

When you think about it, a show like this with at least 6 full seasons is a lot. Sopranos had like 6.5 seasons, The Wire had 5. Boardwalk Empire had 5 seasons but the 5th was shortened. GoT has to be the costliest show (or at least top 3). While fans might dislike the shortened seasons, they do make sense.
GoT is so much more in-depth and complex than any other show ever though. There's way more characters and they become intertwined and come full-circle. TBH this show could be 8-10 full seasons and 90% of us would not complain. Pacing and action might not be as good as it is this season but I would trade it easily for some better writing, less plotholes, and better character interactions/development. It's held to such a high standard though and is still better than anything else out on TV IMO.

GoT is easily the GOAT TV show for me; it's unfortunate that it's not getting the proper justice it deserves.

76 total episodes so far..I think it would be crazy if u never watched and binge-watched it all in a week..u would have to be unemployed on vacation or retired tho lol
i binge watched all 6 seasons in a week after i graduated from college last year lol. after i watched the first season, i got hooked and couldn't stop watching. and i wanted to catch up to watch the finale with everyone else :lol:

i gotta say though, watching it week to week has so much more of a dramatic effect. the wait adds so much thrill and suspense. like dudes really waited a year to see if lord snow was alive and i found that out 2 hours later :lol:

This episode isn't being received that well on social media. Guess the writing, plot holes, fan fiction, etc has been adding up.

I'm not mad about the short seasons, I'm pissed the show has turned into fan fiction that is inconsistent with how the first 5 seasons played out.

My fear is that there will be some mind blowing reveal that pops up, and there just wont enough time to explain it all.

Whatever happens in the end, it'll be never live up to the hype of the show. I'm ready for disappointment.

correct me if im wrong, if bran was heard at the tower and changed hodors fate by looking into the past, do the night kings fates interchange when night king grabbed brans hand? although we saw the face of night king before he was night king, i wonder if that exchanged altered their paths.

Back
Top Bottom