Official HDTV and HD Thread! Vol: 1080p > 720p > 1080i > 480p > 480i

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Looking to get a 42" HDTV.

LCD or DLP?
Vizio, Samsung, Sony or...?

Is there reeally a difference in branding or is that all a pissing contest amongst label minded individuals?

FTW!

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

LCD or DLP?

Is there reeally a difference in branding or is that all a pissing contest amongst label minded individuals?
  1. Well, to start Sony + Samsung don't make a 42" HDTV. So yo might have to get either a 40" or 46".
  2. If you get a Vizio get a Protection/Service Agreement. While Working at Sears I notice that we get a stupid amount of Vizio returns
    laugh.gif
  3. Get that LCD cause DLPs are on their last legs.
  4. I suggest Samsung but to be honest you could get a Sony too cause their rankings are really interchangeable.
  5. If you want a good bang for you're buck try messin' wit a Toshiba. They're like #3 among HDTV brands IMO. (Plus they make 42" TVs)
  6. If all else fails hit up Best Buy/Sears/Circuit City etc. for closeouts/open box policies.
Here's a couple suggestions: (All 1080p)
Hope that helps.

You work in Electronics at sears too?
laugh.gif
My manager aint givin us noslack with the PA's, he even told my homie not to sell a tv yesterday because the customer wasnt buying a PA with it. Straight $%%@+%@

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

LCD or DLP?

1. Well, to start Sony + Samsung don't make a 42" HDTV. So yo might have to get either a 40" or 46".
  2. If you get a Vizio get a Protection/Service Agreement. While Working at Sears I notice that we get a stupid amount of Vizio returns
    laugh.gif
  3. Get that LCD cause DLPs are on their last legs.
  4. I suggest Samsung but to be honest you could get a Sony too cause their rankings are really interchangeable.
  5. If you want a good bang for you're buck try messin' wit a Toshiba. They're like #3 among HDTV brands IMO. (Plus they make 42" TVs)
  6. If all else fails hit up Best Buy/Sears/Circuit City etc. for closeouts/open box policies.
Here's a couple suggestions: (All 1080p)
Hope that helps.

You work in Electronics at sears too?
laugh.gif
My manager aint givin us no slack with the PA's, he even told my homie not to sell a tv yesterday because the customer wasnt buying a PA with it. Straight $%%@+%@

eek.gif
You too! My boss go hard for themPA's
laugh.gif
. I heard they get bonuses each year for em, thats why theywant em so much.

If you get a Vizio get a Protection/Service Agreement. While Working at Sears I notice that we get a stupid amount of Vizio returns
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
You wouldn't happen to know any of the reasons whywould you?

Solewoman: Thanks for your help

^Mostly because the color fades like NOTHING I've ever seen. You're white will be Orange in a couple months. But as I tell customers "You get whatyou pay for"

Originally Posted by YoungSole93

1080i but it switches to 720p when i start a game, but on the net it is fine ps3 btw!

That's because the native resolution of the XMB and movies are 1080p, so your ps3 automatically selects 1080i. Most games right now run 720p native,with the exception of others. You can force your ps3 to output everything 1080 by unchecking the 720 box on the display settings, be careful though the PS3doesn't have a scaler in which some games that can only do 720p will downscale to 480p if 720p is unchecked.

^Mostly because the color fades like NOTHING I've ever seen. You're white will be Orange in a couple months. But as I tell customers "You get what you pay for"

If thats a reoccurring problem why havent they fixed it? Something like that could seriously hurt their growth as a company..

Originally Posted by DCaz102

what kind of t.v.'s will have no lag when im playing a game on my 360?

Get the newer LCD's, Plasma's and the good ol' crt dont' really have that motion blur usually associated with lcd's. I have an LCD, Idon't see it, but I think the older ones are notorious for that, so def do your research before you buy. An LCD with 120hz will help with the motion

i just got a 32'' Sanyo HDTV, and I'm wondering how come I hardly hear that brand name out there anymore? I used to hear that brand name all thetime back in the days.

The picture is wayyy nice, especially for the price I paid.

i am about to pull the trigger on a Samsung LN52A550 52-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV and was just wondering does anybody have this tv and could give some input. or ifanyway has any info on why or why not to buy this tv or possibly the best place to buy would be great. right now ill probably get it off amazon unless i hearof something better. thanks.

Im looking to get the LN37A450 37 Inch LCD off of Amazon for 850. i was just looking for some suggestions from the hd pros on here. is that a a good buy pricewise and what not?

So I bought a 26 inch Insignia LCD 720p (cheap brand I know) for $500. Just a little something for my room and games.

Anybody have an Insignia tv? Are they any good?

LN46A650 by Samsung

How good is this tv?

Im thinking of buying it from Amazon because it's around $1700 I think.

Any problems with this tv?

What about LG's? I just bought a LG Monitor for my comp since i like how sleek it looks, Was going to buy a LG TV also. Are they not up to par with otherbrands such as Samsung/Sony?

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

So I bought a 26 inch Insignia LCD 720p (cheap brand I know) for $500. Just a little something for my room and games.

Anybody have an Insignia tv? Are they any good?

i have a 32 insignia, ive had no problems with it. Looks good with HD cable and with the 360. its a good tv for the room. just because its the best buybrand doesnt make it a bad tv

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by jbeezie

um. how is 720p > 1080i?

yea i believe he made a typo there

laugh.gif
They're virtually the same thing to tell you the truth.

yea i know it is, but still 1080i > 720p
anyways, i got a sony bravia 40" lcd full 1080p and i wanted to know if its a good idea wall mounting a tv that big

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

LN46A650 by Samsung

How good is this tv?

Im thinking of buying it from Amazon because it's around $1700 I think.

Any problems with this tv?

Just bought the 40 inch version. I was set to buy last years samsung model but I saw this TV next to it at Circuit City and my face was litterally
eek.gif
. It was amazing compared to all the other TV's on the wall. It was way out ofmy price range so I decided to go home and do some research. I didn't really wanna go bigger than 40" and when I saw Amazon's price w/ no tax andfree shipping I pulled the trigger. Got it on Thurs. and I am really pleased. Basically what I'm saying is do it. Plus i've noticed that prices keepchanging so anytime the price drops during 30 days they will credit you the difference if you call them.

Back
Top Bottom