Official HDTV and HD Thread! Vol: 1080p > 720p > 1080i > 480p > 480i

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

http://www.buy.com/prod/samsung-t22...lcd-monitor-10-000-1/q/loc/111/208074811.html

Is this sale legit? Ive never used Buy.com
are these refurbished/open items or somethin??

buy.com is real legit and you can always find cheap #!@ prices... I didnt see any refurb on it, so that should mean its brand new... Go for it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by jbeezie

um. how is 720p > 1080i?

yea i believe he made a typo there

laugh.gif
They're virtually the same thing to tell you the truth.

yea i know it is, but still 1080i > 720p
anyways, i got a sony bravia 40" lcd full 1080p and i wanted to know if its a good idea wall mounting a tv that big

No it's not the same, and no 1080i is not better than 720p. 720p is progressive, it's an overall better image. It's hard to see the difference,but when you have a source from both the 720p is superior.
1080i but it switches to 720p when i start a game, but on the net it is fine ps3 btw!
Another piece of proof to my point. Games run better in progressive mode as well. That's why the PS3 downgrades your set resolution to aprogressive one. Sure the games ARE created in a 720p resolution, and there's a reason, it's better than an interlaced image.

Originally Posted by KiNGJRMZair23

I cant decide between a Sony 720p 32" or a Samsung 720p 32" can someone shed some light?

Which one is cheaper? Which one looks better in person?

The best $600 32 inch is the Vizio VO32L
pimp.gif

Has all the good features, 3 HDMI, PIP,POP... All the good stuff... I will be picking it up soon

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nnarum

I cant decide between a Sony 720p 32" or a Samsung 720p 32" can someone shed some light?

their both at the same price at 685.99 at bestbuy. and they both look nice. what I wanna know is which has better quality?

Originally Posted by nnarum

their both at the same price at 685.99 at bestbuy. and they both look nice. what I wanna know is which has better quality?

It's a wash then. Buy whichever one you think looks better turned off
laugh.gif

ok. quick question...
target heads check in..

in this weeks target ad, there's a sony Bravia 32" LCD @ 720p... for only $699
we've been planning to get an HDTV for a while now, and this caught my eye..
before we go get it though.. i just wanted to ask ya'll
is this a good buy/deal? quality wise, is 699 a good price for this?

(model no KDL-32L4000)

Originally Posted by chrisl5mavs

ok. quick question...
target heads check in..

in this weeks target ad, there's a sony Bravia 32" LCD @ 720p... for only $699
we've been planning to get an HDTV for a while now, and this caught my eye..
before we go get it though.. i just wanted to ask ya'll
is this a good buy/deal? quality wise, is 699 a good price for this?

(model no KDL-32L4000)

thats one of the models that I'm planning to buy. Its a couple bucks cheaper at bestbuy btw.

Hey, was hoping someone could give me their input on the following:

I was browsing my local bestbuy today when I saw a Panasonic Plasma Viera (open-box) for a reasonable price. I guess my main questions are 1) will i regretbuying a plasma over a LCD , 2) is it worth buying a "open-box" item for the discount or will this just lead to headaches?

nnarum or anyone else. I'm on monoprice looking for a HDMI cable for my upconvert DVD player..which one to get? the $3 one, the $5, the $6?

to the dude shopping for 32" 720p sets.....

nowadays, you can get a 40 or 42" 720 for not much more than $699. i'd pass on those 32's if i were you. the bigger screen is really worth it ifyou can hold off and shop around. the 40 & 42 will have 20++% overall viewing area than the 32

Originally Posted by SEVEN654THREE

In my opinion, almost at every level of lcd panels

Samsung>Sony.

thats a negative, i have a SONY LCD and my boy got a SAMSUNG....we both agree the SONY looks better ....but not by much...$ony is nice.

Thanks Harm for sending me this...

I am def LOVIN that Logitech Remote VC or Double J was talkin about months back I read.

Any insight on prices on that since it is much later in the year.. I DEFINATELY don't see me fiddling with many remotes seein how sexy THAT thing is...

Originally Posted by HARMCITY45

What is the going rate on getting my LCD screen fixed...

47" Toshiba regza..

son + Sesame Street + fork + LCD screen =
smh.gif
(
Most will probally tell you that you're better off just buying a new tv for the price you're going to pay to repair it.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

What is the going rate on getting my LCD screen fixed...

47" Toshiba regza..

son + Sesame Street + fork + LCD screen =
smh.gif
(
Most will probally tell you that you're better off just buying a new tv for the price you're going to pay to repair it.

Well the screeen isn't destroyed..he knicked it..Deadcenter..

So when the TV is on a tiny bright white spot shows on(like on dark scenes)

+%@* is annoying as hell..and best buy doesn't cover physical damage( I paid 200 for that damn 4year warranty!!)..
mad.gif
smh.gif
Damn, you wanna contact a few of your local tv repair shops and see if they're up for the job. I'm sure it's not going to cheapthough.

smh.gif
chalk that one up as a loss.

Get u a new one.

As far as plasmas, toshiba is tite.
pimp.gif

My panasonic & LG are
pimp.gif

Imo
Its harder to buy a crappy plasma then it is to find one that's dope

The only plasma you should ever buy is a Pioneer. Costly but most definitely worth the extra bones. Aint nothin like that Kuru

Panasonic has a 1080p in a 42" or a 50" that is just below a Pioneer in quality wise... Pioneers are nice, but not $3500 nice...

That will be my next purchase
pimp.gif

Does contrast ratio matter in the resolution of the video? If so, Why? Every time I go looking for a HDTV I look for LCD 40" - 47" with 50,000:1Contrast Ratio and 1080p is this any good and what kind of brands would you recommend for my specs? and also my price range is between $1300 - $1500? Pleasealso advise me if this is any good?

Originally Posted by thugstareaper

Does contrast ratio matter in the resolution of the video? If so, Why? Every time I go looking for a HDTV I look for LCD 40" - 47" with 50,000:1 Contrast Ratio and 1080p is this any good and what kind of brands would you recommend for my specs? and also my price range is between $1300 - $1500? Please also advise me if this is any good?
throw contrast ratio as a factor OUT THE WINDOW ASAP

It's an overblown spec, there is no universal scale for it, thus a manufacturer can claim anything they want as far as that

dont want to make a new thread so my question is should i get a 19-32 inch tv as a main monitor n tv from my bed????? looking more towards 19 inch -24 inch since i might use it as a primarily as a monitor...

Back
Top Bottom