Official HDTV and HD Thread! Vol: 1080p > 720p > 1080i > 480p > 480i

Man I am pissed, I have to have Cable in my Apt and I only get like 20 chanels in HD cause cable BLOWS!!

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Man I am pissed, I have to have Cable in my Apt and I only get like 20 chanels in HD cause cable BLOWS!!

same
smh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

same
smh.gif
For real man, its frustrating. I dont even get ABC HD cause there is some dispute between the companies.

Wow
smh.gif
thats terrible

Best part about my DirecTV, grab the generator, grab the small LCD and take it with me to tailgate at Bucs games on Sundays.
NFL Ticket + Tailgate drinks & BBQ =
pimp.gif

I used to work at best buy for about 9 months and all I have to say is dont buy accessories there. The markup on that ***$ is ridiculous. Rocketfish brandcables that we sell for 64, we get for four bucks. Any surge protector we get for about a fourth of the price. Remotes, I would get off of amazon. Anythingthat is not a tv or or surround sound I would straight up buy else where.

On a side note, the new 120 hz samsungs are amazing.

BTW, Harmony remotes are also amazing, but not for the price best buy sells them at. AMAZON FTW!!!!

This is what I'm working with

o_32pfl5332d.jpg

Phillips 32-inch 720P. picked it up when BB had their BF sale for $599. pretty happy with it so far.

Actually in the market now for a TV stand/entertainment center. At first I was going to mount it on the wall, until I noticed there were no studs near where Iwanted to hang it
smh.gif
Anybody have any recommendations as far as where to buy nice looking stand??

Here's a pic of my TV running heavenly Sword. I have a Samsung LNT-4061F. 40 inch 1080P LCD. Pics could of been better but the scene was moving and ididn't use flash so i had to set a fairly slow shutter speed.
126ff4w.jpg

can someone tell me why the vizio dynex and those other weird brand at Bestbuy are so cheap? are those tv worth the $?

TOMMY...

cheaper because they arent as up there in quality as samsung, panasonic, sharp and so on.

Insignia panels are made by LG though.

get at me tommy if youve got your credit card or your money right, i might be able to cut you a sick deal depending on how much money we're looking at.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

TOMMY...

cheaper because they arent as up there in quality as samsung, panasonic, sharp and so on.

get at me tommy if youve got your credit card or your money right, i might be able to cut you a sick deal depending on how much money we're looking at.

your hard to contact! looking for you is like looking for needles in a haystack!

I have an HD in my living room and I swear I don't move past the 700 channels (HD lineup) even though there's like 20-30 channels.

indifferent.gif
@ me

right now i have a older sharp 1080p model with 2 hdmi inputs, the newer models have 3 HDMI & pc input. i have the bestbuy warranty that expires indecember, nothing is currently wrong with my TV but does anyone know of an excuse so that they can exchange it? haha i'm getting desperate here

Originally Posted by CHIARAVANOND

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

TOMMY...

your hard to contact! looking for you is like looking for needles in a haystack!

come on now, im a big dude aint no way in hell im a needle in a haystack...maybe a tiger in the amazon forest
laugh.gif

PM me the info then, ill take it from there...

I am looking into getting a Samsung LN40A550. I have been on avsforums and have heard nothng but good things about this set. I willprobably be ready to get it at the beginning of August. I am hooking up a PS3 and an Xbox 360 to it using HDMI. Also I will be using an HD cable box. I knowI will get my HDMI cables from monoprice.com but what exact cables do I need to get? Someone point me in the direction because there are a few different kindsthat they offer. Also do you know of a stand that will hold the TV and the 3 items I mentioned underneath the TV comfortably and is a good price? Thanks forany help.

51ZLs54qfjL._SL500_.jpg

IMO, don't bother getting the $100+ monster cables... absolutely not necessary... go with the cheaper cables...

Took the plunge for the bedroom to remove an old CRT.

We got the Samsung LN32A450 and I couldn't be happier.

Good enough deal too.

BB price matched a local Fry's over July 4th weekend. Plus the 10%.

Had a $100 gift card so I had to do it.

Probably going to wall mount this, but thus far it's been great.

I just bought a 32" Sony Bravia (dont have the model # on hand at the moment because im at work but ill look it up later)
anyway, when i turn it on the picture color is all messed up like a water color painting or something but after about 15-20 mins the picture is fine. but if iturn my Wii on for example the picture is fine
pimp.gif

so im assuming this has something to do with the cable coming into the TV...is this a valid guess?
im at college with no HD just regular cable coming from the wall to TV

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

hey where can i cop cheap hdmi cables in store preferred but on line is ok also.

does it make a significant diffrence?

gotta cop 4 dvd and cable box for two tvs.

edit
how do i know which dvi cable to get are they all the same??

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Monoprice.com is one of the better places, but it is online.

Agreed. Monoprice is really legit too. I picked up some component cables from them for my Wii, $7 shipped.

Looking to get a 42" HDTV.

LCD or DLP?
Vizio, Samsung, Sony or...?

Is there reeally a difference in branding or is that all a pissing contest amongst label minded individuals?

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Looking to get a 42" HDTV.

LCD or DLP?
Vizio, Samsung, Sony or...?

Is there reeally a difference in branding or is that all a pissing contest amongst label minded individuals?
  1. Well, to start Sony + Samsung don't make a 42" HDTV. So yo might have to get either a 40" or 46".
  2. If you get a Vizio get a Protection/Service Agreement. While Working at Sears I notice that we get a stupid amount of Vizio returns
    laugh.gif
  3. Get that LCD cause DLPs are on their last legs.
  4. I suggest Samsung but to be honest you could get a Sony too cause their rankings are really interchangeable.
  5. If you want a good bang for you're buck try messin' wit a Toshiba. They're like #3 among HDTV brands IMO. (Plus they make 42" TVs)
  6. If all else fails hit up Best Buy/Sears/Circuit City etc. for closeouts/open box policies.
Here's a couple suggestions: (All 1080p)
Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom