Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
All in for these after seeing better pics...the one thing I'm not loving as much is the wide heel of the shoe...

I'm also still holding on to hope that there's going to be a High(Yes, I've been on Highs since the 9s, and have about 20 pairs)...

Falling in love with these more and more everytime i see them .. initially thinking of copping the black/whites first but the red ones is just B E A utiful

Has Kobe signed a lifetime deal with Nike?
don't think so or we would've heard about it already.

his first contract with nike was 5 year 40mil. not sure about the rest or maybe he did already.

Last edited:

Originally Posted by NobleKane  

Same looking crap every year man....

I like that they never scrapped the entire design. After the 4 low (with the 1st low top) I notice Eric Avar just tweaked and modified the shoe to improve it. I dont think its lazy design. I think Kobe just really likes the shoes as is and wants it improved. You can see it progress and evolve. Thats cool to see in a signature shoe. I know Jordan didnt do it that way but i guess if it isnt broke dont fix it
The 8 is by far the best looking IMO. 6 is 2nd favorite. I feel like IX X and XI look unfinished. The IX high is a thing of beauty though. I don't get how the IX elite and the XI low are so close in price... Even with less glue and better Flyknit.

The 8 is by far the best looking IMO. 6 is 2nd favorite. I feel like IX X and XI look unfinished. The IX high is a thing of beauty though. I don't get how the IX elite and the XI low are so close in price... Even with less glue and better Flyknit.
and no carbon fiber to jack up the price.

one word: MARKETING

Am I the only one concerned about the tpu being all throughout the flyknit?

On my 8s, specifically IDs, some have stray strands inside the liners near the collar and they're almost impossible to cut down and they dig in to my ankle like crazy. I'm just imagining a similar situation but all over the shoe if you get a bad quality pair.

Last edited:
The 3s imo are the only ones that look like a signature shoe.

Design is way different.

I like those alot

11s looking like a day 1 cop

in for day 1 cop as well
x3
Just popped in to the Vault again to hold the shoe in hand, the flyknit is a lot more flexible as opposed to the toes on the 9 or 10
as imagined 
nthat.gif

View media item 1831566
Somebody posted this shot earlier, and if you can't get excited about this, shape and cw included, than that's your opinion... For myself these instantly make the 10 almost irrelevant, yeah his line has obviously had a lot of lows that carry similar design language but damn man these joints are lethal

The red CW is causing the turn for me

The turn has now been completed lol.Only took 48 hrs.

Cant wait to see more colorways.Would be crazy if they went ham like the 8s and had damn near 40 colorways.I wouldn't mind some purple fades.That is 1 of my all time fav shoes.

I loved the 8s as well

Definitely wanna see more CWs on these

Not feeling the blk/white johns or those people ones, or those blue ones either

I said it before, can't do the red shoes because they just don't work for me, but it pains me to not be in on this for the initial release. I want the shoe, just not the color.

I hear u

I'm a sucker for red tho

I'm sure there will be a CW for u to jump on

All in for these after seeing better pics...the one thing I'm not loving as much is the wide heel of the shoe...

I'm also still holding on to hope that there's going to be a High(Yes, I've been on Highs since the 9s, and have about 20 pairs)...

Yaas

I too still have hope for a hi in these

The reds would be beautiful in a hi version IMO

Last edited:
I too am holding out hope for a high, I came to the 9 too late and the 10's just don't do it for me.  I feel like the 11 high would be a thing of beauty, either way the heels are must cop

@Dafilman, @illest35 EXACTLY! These in Highs have the potential to be absolutely gorgeous...with this new Flyknit and the simple yet beautiful design...Looking forward to it

I for one am stoked theirs only one model for the 11, nothing against the 10 high but I felt it was "cheap" of Nike to follow the 9 high with those, the 9 in and of itself was so unique then the 10 IMO was a poor man's version, it ended up not making the 9 less special but it tried lol... It's refreshing to see just the one model with these even if a high would look good Nike needs to let that rest

It has been confirmed by reliable sources that there will be no highs. Just going to stick with one model and go all out with it.

I'm a fan of lows and don't care much for the highs, but to me what would be cool would be sort of a mid w/ flyknit sock around the ankle sort of like the free mercurials 
nerd.gif

nike-free-mercurial-superfly-dark-grey-1.jpg

I for one am stoked theirs only one model for the 11, nothing against the 10 high but I felt it was "cheap" of Nike to follow the 9 high with those, the 9 in and of itself was so unique then the 10 IMO was a poor man's version, it ended up not making the 9 less special but it tried lol... It's refreshing to see just the one model with these even if a high would look good Nike needs to let that rest
Nailed it on the 10 highs. 

So what's the $160 pair? The Zoom Icon?
nerd.gif
Icon another takedown?
Icon retail is $150 (Gold cw is 170)

The $160 price point is for non-elite XI which Ill call " EM" for convo purposes

I seen someone post a pic of Kustoo tweet saying no elites. His tweet wasnt 100% accurate. The red cw low is an elite model.
i'm def keep my eyes out on these Icons and hope for the best

Aesthetically the 7's were dope.. Performance wise unfortunately they were terrible. I tried my best to break them in but couldn't.
Kobe 7's are the best looking outta the line, 11's to me have the best mold, kobe 6's are my fave outta the line and the 9's are my fave performer
Kobe 2s are the best looking outta the line, 6s the best snake molds, 9s are my fav snake designed and Xs are the most comfy

Last edited:
I'm a fan of lows and don't care much for the highs, but to me what would be cool would be sort of a mid w/ flyknit sock around the ankle sort of like the free mercurials :nerd: [/IMG]

Thought the same thing since the XI's have a very soccer-ish design.

But the Merc sock wouldn't have much function so it would be hard for Nike to sell it on a separate version of the shoe. It's not like he collars on the IX or X had much function either, but a sock just seems like a tougher sell

Back
Top Bottom