OFFICIAL LIL WAYNE DEDICATION 4 (NO LIE TRACK FROM D4) DELAYED AGAIN till SEPT 3rd 4pm

was def not expecting to like it , he was rappin 
pimp.gif

"she my number 1 f-a-n , u know what that mean f' all night"

Last edited:
man yall too damb uptight , yall was losin your godamb mind when wayne dropped dedication 2 

"pockets on raven simon" 
eek.gif
 zomgrrrrzzzzz 

wayne had u in a state of trance 

wayne didn't get on No Lie and change the rap game but he had a few lines

and he was skating for the most part of it, i apologize for saying i liking the song

all i said was i liked it and that he was rapping 
laugh.gif

hook was 
pimp.gif

man yall too damb uptight , yall was losin your godamb mind when wayne dropped dedication 2 
"pockets on raven simon" :wow:  zomgrrrrzzzzz 
wayne had u in a state of trance 

wayne didn't get on No Lie and change the rap game but he had a few lines
and he was skating for the most part of it, i apologize for saying i liking the song

all i said was i liked it and that he was rapping :lol:
hook was :pimp:

way to pick one of the wackest lines on the tape :D

now let's stop being silly and compare...i don't know... Spitter from D2 to this.

way to pick one of the wackest lines on the tape
happy.gif

now let's stop being silly and compare...i don't know... Spitter from D2 to this.
but you gotta understand that came out like 6 years ago fam, he had been threw so many phases threw out his life he knows what poppin in the streets and whats not, he also knows how to lose fans BUT also gain more as he raps about different stuff Exp like this skating phase that he is in, he's bringing in all these new generation of kids who love skating and are also the same kids who look up to tony hawk, mullen, sheckler because they see them in videos with him and showing up at events like X-Games. WEezy is a smart man A student he knows how to make that money and he will do that which ever way he can, I'm pretty sure he don't give  a **** what people think he already was at the top during his prime when D2,Drought3 and all came out. Do the kids understand what he could possibly be rapping about now-a-days who knows but thats not gonna stop them from listening to it and putting money in his pockets. As long as them kids hear skateboarding or trukfit they'll like it 

Im a fan of weey and ya his new **** aint compared to his old but he even said it himself like even if he tried he couldn't go back to that flow from D2. Not enough people give the man his props. You can love em or hate but you gotta recognize that at one point he was at the top. Iknow that if he was to drop at least another solid Album/Mixtape that y'all like you would change your mind right up.

thats just my opinion though, i know theres alotta people that don't f wit wayne in her but yea 

What's funny with tunechi is that, all the time I hear that "he's lost it" or "he isn't the Drought 3 or dedication II wayne" and all that.

And that couldn't be further from the truth. He's almost the EXACT same person rapper wise and that actually may be the problem. Listen to Wayne now, and listen to some of his older records. They're still filled with ABC punchlines, giggles, rapping all over the place, etc. except for minor changes.

When most heard tune for the first time, or when people first got acclimated with the Dedication series and the Drought series, very few rappers were rapping the way he was. You were also a lot younger, which aided into how dope you thought it was.

Naturally, evolution occurred. We got older, started hearing more rappers do the punchline rapping better than he did, and even started hearing "honesty rap" from likes of Kendrick, Sean, J. Cole, Drake, Big Krit, etc. guys who albeit use punchlines, use them to aid in telling the story that they are trying to get across, not to describe something or someone, which is what got Wayne popping.

Now, everyone says Wayne is trash, when in actuality he isn't trash, he's just the same as everybody else. He sounds like 2 chainz now actually which isn't a testament to how bad wayne is, but it just proves how the style he virtually introduced (save the cassidy, and other rappers) to mainstream for this millennium is everywhere. (Even though over the past few years that has started to change, see the rappers mentioned above)

Wayne hasn't changed, he's still that artist from the D2, drought era, and we associate that era with Wayne being good just because it was new. Fast forward to 2012, we have a bunch of rappers who are similar to him, and better than him, and because we are older we recognize that.

It was decent. Not amazing but not pure trash. I mean when I listen to music I am looking for something to set a good vibe. If I was some shakesperian **** then I will read R&J but considering that music is for entertainment purposes it serves its job.

What's funny with tunechi is that, all the time I hear that "he's lost it" or "he isn't the Drought 3 or dedication II wayne" and all that.
And that couldn't be further from the truth. He's almost the EXACT same person rapper wise and that actually may be the problem. Listen to Wayne now, and listen to some of his older records. They're still filled with ABC punchlines, giggles, rapping all over the place, etc. except for minor changes.
When most heard tune for the first time, or when people first got acclimated with the Dedication series and the Drought series, very few rappers were rapping the way he was. You were also a lot younger, which aided into how dope you thought it was.
Naturally, evolution occurred. We got older, started hearing more rappers do the punchline rapping better than he did, and even started hearing "honesty rap" from likes of Kendrick, Sean, J. Cole, Drake, Big Krit, etc. guys who albeit use punchlines, use them to aid in telling the story that they are trying to get across, not to describe something or someone, which is what got Wayne popping.
Now, everyone says Wayne is trash, when in actuality he isn't trash, he's just the same as everybody else. He sounds like 2 chainz now actually which isn't a testament to how bad wayne is, but it just proves how the style he virtually introduced (save the cassidy, and other rappers) to mainstream for this millennium is everywhere. (Even though over the past few years that has started to change, see the rappers mentioned above)
Wayne hasn't changed, he's still that artist from the D2, drought era, and we associate that era with Wayne being good just because it was new. Fast forward to 2012, we have a bunch of rappers who are similar to him, and better than him, and because we are older we recognize that.

i agree w/ the we were younger part, BUT....he was still better. on Tha Carter he was straight spittin. no gimmicks. he was really trying to follow in Jay's footsteps. he took that man's flow so much back then and made it work for him. By Tha Carter 2 and Drought 3 and D2 he was spittin too w/ more punchlines which he was doing better than anyone at the time as you stated. and NOW he is using this same punchline formula, but it sounds uninspired and just awful TO ME.

for example:
"let it spray like a hydrant can't dodge it/you not gettin wet in the rain is not logic/she gone give that P to wayne she so obliged it's/live and direct from inside of ya ***** body" was entertaining, fresh at the time, flowed and just was flat out spitting.

put that up against the stuff he says now which is uninspired, NOT FRESH ANYMORE, and basically a more elementary level of what he used to say.

and that's how i feel about that. :lol:

Last edited:

Ehh, I agree with some of that. While his formula is still the same, its extremely watered down from what it used to be.

For the record though even in his heyday when D2 came out I still thought Wayne was average. His punchlines were better then, but I could never get with the complete lack of cohesiveness in most of his songs.

Back
Top Bottom