OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013 OFFSEASON THREAD - Media Day Done; Training Camp Starting

^^^ Word. Just read one tweet, from Brad Turner, saying the Celtics scenario is dead and either Shaw or Hollins is going to get the job next week. I'm fine with either guy.

And as far as personnel moves, for the record, I would absolutely hate giving the Lakers Blake for Howard. I dislike Howard enough, and like Blake enough, that I'd have some real mixed feelings about both teams after that.

51sswm.jpg

:pimp:

nlpqmc.jpg

8)

Don't like that proposed Laker deal i.e. Griffin/Bledsoe for Dwightmare. :smh: :x

Last edited:
^^^That's a big if. Plus, healthy or not, Dwight is a b^*#%.
I agree he's a *****, but there is nobody better than him defensively and altering people's shot/game when healthy. He came back too quick/early, so I think he'll be fine. Plus, I don't think he was ever happy playing with Kobe/lakers

I agree he's a *****, but there is nobody better than him defensively and altering people's shot/game when healthy. He came back too quick/early, so I think he'll be fine. Plus, I don't think he was ever happy playing with Kobe/lakers

That's the thing that I keep wondering about though. If Dwight didn't like playing with Kobe, I'm not sure he's going to be big on playing with CP, who's known to be pretty hard on his teammates.

That's the thing that I keep wondering about though. If Dwight didn't like playing with Kobe, I'm not sure he's going to be big on playing with CP, who's known to be pretty hard on his teammates.
Kobe is on another level tho when it comes to getting on his teammates

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 24m
One proposed solution in Celtics-Clippers talks, sources say: If Clips take back Courtney Lee or Jason Terry, Boston would relent on Bledsoe

I could live with this. Taking one bad contract in order to keep Bled and get Doc and KG seems worth it to me. Do it, Gary!

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 24m
One proposed solution in Celtics-Clippers talks, sources say: If Clips take back Courtney Lee or Jason Terry, Boston would relent on Bledsoe

I could live with this. Taking one bad contract in order to keep Bled and get Doc and KG seems worth it to me. Do it, Gary!

MAKE.

IT.

HAPPEN!

KG: I am thinking about retiring 
Clippers: Let's trade a 1st round pick for this guy

Come on man don't make the trade

We only need KG for one season tho. He can toughen up Blake and teach him some of his best midrange/post moves. :lol:
Worry about getting another C long-term next offseason.

Last edited:
None of the Celtics trade rumors sounds appealing. Hate to see this group broken up.

Seems to me replacing VDN worked out pretty well for Chicago. Hopefully, it will be the same for us.
But they got an amazing coach in Tom Tib out of it. Hopefully Clippers' management aren't too enamored with the idea of getting Doc.

Last edited:
The deal is more for Doc than it is for KG.

Yep and if that's what it takes to get him I'm all for it.

DJ
2 1st rd picks

Doc
KG

Then after KG retires (most likely after 1 season) we'll have all that money free'd up instead of still being locked in with DJ. Not to mention a coach who actually knows what he's doing.

The way I look at it is we're most likely gonna be in the low 20's when it comes to the draft. We will not get a player that can put up the production that KG will put up even at his advanced age. I

I just REALLY don't want Lionel Hollins. Still iffy on Brian Shaw.

I don't want KG or Pierce, THEY'RE OLD.

Did anybody watch the Celtics this season? How about in the playoffs? KG is going to be 37, and he's playing 5 in a WEAK east, let him try to play 5 in the STRONG west, he will get smacked around. Pierce has ZERO defense and is slow, I would NOT want to see CP3 running a fast break with Pierce, matter fact you wont because Pierce will be playing catch up.

I don't want to see any Celt on our team named KG or Pierce, them dudes got like 1 -2 years left before they die, we don't need carcusses starting on our bench.

The way I look at it is we're most likely gonna be in the low 20's when it comes to the draft. We will not get a player that can put up the production that KG will put up even at his advanced age.

Exactly. Arash Markazi said it! Last 3 players we drafted: Furkan Aldemir, Trey Thompkins and Travis Leslie.

I'll take an aging KG, but a very strong head coach over that ANY DAY.

I don't want KG or Pierce, THEY'RE OLD.

Mike, you're reading into KG/Pierce way too much. This deal is to get us Doc... the best unavailable coach right now, not named Pop.

KG is going for a ride and it'll only be 2-3 years max. Doc signs/stays long term as does (hopefully) CP3. Now we're looking at having a player AND a coach that other players will want to play for. The trade is for long term stability with (what we're hoping for) quick results.

For the Los Angeles Clippers to bring Kevin Garnett and Doc Rivers to chase the franchise's first NBA championship, the price to complete a deal could come down to a willingness to include an additional first-round draft pick in the package to the Boston Celtics, league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Monday night. Yahoo! Sports

Seriously? Give em the damn pick!

That future first round (non-lottery) pick will NOT be the missing piece to bringing a title to LA.

Donald T. and Gary need to stop posturing and hit the accept button.

I'm tired of checking ESPN.com and Hoops Hype every 30 minutes to see if the deal has been finalized. :lol:

Not sure if you guys are familiar with HoopsRumors.com. It's the sister site of MLBTraderumors.com (probably the greates trade rumor site ever created). They do a great job of updating throught the day.

I actually kind of like that we're playing hardball with Boston. Don't get me wrong, I'll be pissed if the reason this doesn't go down is over a 1st rd pick but I love how we're insisting on keeping bledsoe and not taking back any bad contracts. Feels like we actually have guys that know what they're doing in the FO.

From what I've gathered, the Clippers FO isn't in a rush to get this done because Boston has until June 30th to decide whether thy're gonna keep PP(and pay him his full salary) or waive him and save themselves a lot of money. So pretty much the pressure is on Boston which means each day this deal doesn't get done we get more leverage. :pimp:

^^^ I agree we have some time and like the fact we're not going to take a bad deal, but I'd definitely prefer that the deal get done before the draft. Assuming we have a pick, it would be nice to have a coach in place before we make it.

Back
Top Bottom