OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2013 OFFSEASON THREAD - Media Day Done; Training Camp Starting

faint-o.gif

From what I'm seeing, it seems like the Doc deal is done. I'm glad, but it feels a little disappointing and anticlimactic at the same time. All that and we just get Doc for a draft pick. Good enough, I guess. And I think its ridiculous that rumors are the NBA is going to block any subsequent player trades between the Clippers and Celts. I get there's rules, but I really think that's just Stern being a !@#$. The NBA is going to basically force KG into retirement by not letting him go to the Clippers. He's not going to want to be on a rebuilding C's team and he's not going to want to play for another team for someone other than Doc. Stupid.

Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler are expected to be packaged in a draft-day trade for Orlando’s Arron Aflallo, addressing the Clipper need for a shooting guard.

Really? that's all we can get for Eric Bledsoe?

I haven't watched too many Nuggets or Magic games, but Arron Afflalo? I heard he's a great defender, but what else can he do?

Really? that's all we can get for Eric Bledsoe?

I haven't watched too many Nuggets or Magic games, but Arron Afflalo? I heard he's a great defender, but what else can he do?

He's a very solid spot up 3 point shooter, particularly from the corners. He also has some ability to create his own shot. I like Afflalo a lot and think he would be a great fit on our team. That said, I also feel like we should be getting more for Bledsoe. Either a draft pick or one of Orlando's other good, young players.

That said, I also feel like we should be getting more for Bledsoe. Either a draft pick or one of Orlando's other good, young players.

That's the kind of answer I was hoping for. Hopefully Clips brass is smart enough to ask for a bit more than just Afflalo.

Aff?

Meh.

Caron is a better shooter tho and Bledsoe is faster, plays better d, but not as great. Looks like we LOSE on this deal.

If they trade Bled for AA, I'm gonna be pissed. I'll do Mo Harkless for Bled straight up though.

Bled has way too much upside to trade for a $8 mi 3 & D guy pushin' 30 whose too small to switch between the 2 and the 3. Jamal already gets close to 30 min a game at the 2 anyway.

The Clips should be looking for a young, long SF with upside and Harkless gives us that. Bled's hustle on D, the offensive boards and without the ball alone will be hard to replace since him and Barnes were the only ones who brought that kind of energy, which made up for the times when we would get to iso heavy.

Its going to get done. If its just language in Doc's contract, which is what I'm hearing, it will get done.

OK. Now it really looks like its a done deal:

Madelyn Burke ‏@MadelynBurke 3m
Done deal. In the immortal words of the great Bugs Bunny... #Clippers

Madelyn Burke ‏@MadelynBurke 5m
The #Clippers will introduce new Senior VP of Basketball Operations and Head Coach Doc Rivers in a press conference Wednesday morning.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 5m
Celtics announce Doc Rivers' departure for Clippers and receipt of first-round pick as compensation for letting him out of his contract.

Finally.

glad the deal is finally official :smokin

Now we need to figure what viable assets Bledsoe, DJ and Butler can get us. I like the idea of acquiring AA but I want us to explore other FA possibilities too i.e. Ariza or Milsap, Al Jefferson.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom