Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Lowe takes the mound Friday, oh lord help him.
Yup, call the lord, I don't know if you are slamming Lowe, or trying to get him some run support. Lowe has been solid lately, too bad thebats don't produce.

[table][tr][td] Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Score[/td] [td]Dec[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]K[/td] [td] [/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]SV[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]ERA[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jun 29[/td] [td]LAA[/td] [td]L 0-1[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]111.1[/td] [td]3.88[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jun 24[/td] [td]CHW[/td] [td]L 1-6[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]104.1[/td] [td]4.05[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jun 18[/td] [td]@ CIN[/td] [td]W 6-1[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]97.0[/td] [td]3.90[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jun 13[/td] [td]@ DET[/td] [td]L 0-5[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]91.2[/td] [td]4.03[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jun 7[/td] [td]CHC[/td] [td]W 7-3[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]84.2[/td] [td]4.15[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Jun 2[/td] [td]COL[/td] [td]W 8-2[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]77.2[/td] [td]4.17[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] May 28[/td] [td]@ CHC[/td] [td]L 1-2[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]69.2[/td] [td]4.52[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] May 23[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]L 1-2[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]62.2[/td] [td]5.03
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Kent left the game?! I couldn't catch this day game.
smh.gif
tired.gif
at injuries piling up on us again.
I was surprised that Kent was in the lineup, but it looked like the ol' man just needed some rest.

Hopefully with Jones and Garciaparra coming back it means the end of Mark Sweeney. I hate watching him bat.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
on the wins.
"nomar our savior"
laugh.gif
I really hope so... we need someone toget on fire and stay on fire.
I also think Lowe is pitching great, but just need those runs and those runs to be consistent.
Pierre is a good player. stop hating.
tongue.gif

Furcal out, damn!
tired.gif
Get better soon man.

Lets get the broom for the giants. Lets go big Blue

Happy 4th of July!@#$!!!

& Andruw Jones is gonna hit a HR today and steal a base, don't quote me though.

Just being optimistic.

Updates:

Standings:
[table][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]43[/td] [td].500[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]44[/td] [td].482[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][/table]
Next up: San Francisco Giants

Pitching Matchup: Lowe (5-8 )
sick.gif
vs Sanchez (0-4)

Per Dodgers.com
Torre said he will continue batting Matt Kemp leadoff and would not consider Garciaparra for the role. The Dodgers will need to make two roster moves to make room for the veterans. Newly arrived outfielder Jason Repko is one likely candidate. The other could come from a group of bench players, including Angel Berroa, Andy LaRoche and Mark Sweeney.

Torre also confirmed that disabled pitcher Brad Penny would not start Saturday as hoped. Penny had a bullpen session Thursday and would probably have either one more simulated game or a Minor League rehab start over the weekend before returning to the rotation late next week from shoulder tendinitis, which has sidelined him for three weeks.

Chan Ho Park will take the Saturday start, with Eric Stults starting Sunday.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/07/freddy-garcia-s.html[/h1]
[h1]Freddy Garcia Suitors[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [July 4 at 9:15am CST]

MLB.com's Jim Molony posted an article yesterday, much of it concerning rehabbing free agent starter Freddy Garcia. Garcia's showcase is still expected to take place later this month.

We compiled reports and came up with these suitors: the Mets, Red Sox, Braves, Yankees, White Sox, Rangers, Tigers, Rays, Astros, and Cubs. Molony adds the Cardinals, Dodgers, and Twins - giving us at least 13 suitors.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/07/jays-shopping-b.html[/h1]
[h1]Jays Shopping Burnett For Shortstop?[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [July 3 at 5:55pm CST]

5:55pm: Robert MacLeod talked to Jays President Paul Godfrey, who said J.P. Ricciardi is not shopping Burnett but has received calls.

2:23pm: According to Bob Elliott of the Toronto Sun, the Blue Jays are shopping starter A.J. Burnett for a shortstop. Elliott notes that the Phillies and Orioles have had scouts at recent Burnett starts. Neither of those organizations figures to match up on the shortstop front though.

Any contenders with an MLB-ready shortstop to spare? The Cubs have Ronny Cedeno, who may or may not have a future as a regular. The Brewers have J.J. Hardy and Alcides Escobar in the organization. The Braves have Brent Lillibridge, and the Dodgers have Chin-lung Hu. The Dodgers might need to hang on to Hu, however.

Writers make up stuff, I swear. Why would a team that wants to go with a 6 man rotation be trying to trade for a starting pitcher?

My lord Lowe, he's doing his best job for us to lose this game.

Perfect scoring opportunity in the 1st, Kemp at 3rd with 1 out. But of course, no luck.

Dodgers are making Sanchez look like a damn ACE.

Andruw Jones is picking up where he left out, struck out. He lost weight?

Nommahhhh, strike 3!

laugh.gif

Sanchez IS an ace, man. Hopefully their bullpen blows it because I don't see much offense being produced against him today.

Thank you Fred Lewis, you idiot.

Dodgers score 5 unearned runs in the 5th
laugh.gif

Can anyone chime in on Mr. Andruw Jones I come back and strike out 4 times, hell he'll probably get 6 by the end of this game
eek.gif

Hopefully Kuo can go after these hitters.

laugh.gif
wth.

9-6, bad play from both maza and berroa not communicating who's gonna cover, then loney missed a foul ball, molina punches 1 home.

Crap, now rowand singles, 2 on 0 out. Tying run coming to the plate.

Broxton aint showing up today.

Giving up 7 runs to the Giants isn't a good look.

If the D'Backs lose tonight, we can be .5 game back.

Updates:

[table][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]44[/td] [td].494[/td] [td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]44[/td] [td].488[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [/tr][/table]
Closest we've been since, April
smokin.gif

News:
[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/07/dodgers-interes.html[/h1]
[h1]Dodgers Interested In Jack Wilson, C.C. Sabathia[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [July 4 at 8:37pm CST]

According to Ken Rosenthal, the Dodgers have jumped into the fray for C.C. Sabathia. They don't have a Matt LaPorta-caliber prospect, but they could make a substantial three-player offer. The Dodgers, being a big market club, could try to sign Sabathia before he hits free agency.

Rosenthal says the Dodgers are simultaneously pursuing Pirates shortstop Jack Wilson. He might require some of the same prospects, so L.A. probably can't get both Wilson and Sabathia. Since Wilson is signed for '09, such an acquisition might allow the Dodgers to let Rafael Furcal walk as a free agent. Based on Ned Colletti's comments to MLB.com, he seems willing to let some talent go to get a regular shortstop.

On the Brewers-Sabathia front - LaPorta is in play, but if he's included Alcides Escobar is out. The Brewers do not plan on offering up J.J. Hardy (Tom Haudricourt agrees). Rosenthal talked to some baseball people who believe Sabathia will be traded before his Tuesday start.

Jack Wilson is o.k. C.C Sabathia would command alotta talent though.

They should take the talented Andruw Jones from us, that would be amazing.
eyes.gif

Since Wilson is signed for '09, such an acquisition might allow the Dodgers to let Rafael Furcal walk as a free agent. Based on Ned Colletti's comments to MLB.com, he seems willing to let some talent go to get a regular shortstop.
indifferent.gif
Are you kidding me Colletti??

^ we can't complain about so many high paid guys on the DL and then want him to re-sign a guy coming off of back surgery. As much as I love Furcal, itwould be hypocritical

Back
Top Bottom