Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Is the 997 an OG/vintage or "Anniversary" release?  I love the 997 model, and I am a complete sucker for all grey NBs, but, damn, that reported $200 price tag seems high!
eek.gif

Anything below 10 is really hard to get. So far, at premier and concepts, there have been no size 8.5 released this time around, and only a couple of 8 and 9.   My wife wants these in the worst way, but she needs a 7 men's and I don't think NB makes that size at all in this particular 998.     

Oh boy, thats not a good news. Thanks for the info. I remember CT had a quick restock a few months ago of a 7.5 but didnt have funds at that time. I hope the other stores would carry for the small footers.

On the other hand, Dennis, that red devil IDs are sure fire!

ID on those dunqrico? First time ive seen them looks like 580.

heres a pic in different lighting, idk if you can tell anything else from these. Might just bring them to a repair shop

also has anyone dealt with squeaky new balances? maybe the insoles  

take a pencil eraser (that's what I use for suede)- make sure you get one that has an eraser that closely matches the color youre trying to clean- rub it back and forth on the stain and see if theres any progress- then use a little suede brush to clean the eraser pieces/dust. If that doesn't work, maybe some suede cleaner like Jason Markk (ive never used it). Other than that- I got nothing- but I kinda like the way it looks to be honest- shoes are gonna get marks on them, it just adds character
thanks for the reply man, but its not a stain, its a part of the suede that seems to have been damaged. I bought these ones off ebay and everything is perfect except that one part aha kinda bothering me. I think i might buy a suede brush and try it out. Also idk what pencil eraser i can find thats a dark brown :[ , either way repped for the reply! 

Sorry, no additional info but made in US and it's part of the original collection.

there's some interesting colorways for 2014 Q1 in 990 and 580 too

#TeamEarly Entry Please ignore the Invincible 
tongue.gif

NB 1300 American Rebel Pack - The best of the bunch
The suede is fire

NB 996 Burgundy I cant find anything out there of these, but they look great on feet

NB 990 30th Anni Burgundy There's not much to say, look at them

NB 999 Grey on Grey on top of Grey with a bit more Grey on the side (and yes that's the official name)

Also they had 998GNR (My friend picks first), all the other American Rebel Pack

So yeah Tuesday was EFFING AMAZING!!!

Those ml999mg. WHEN AND WHERE?! I see it says 11.15.13, but we need more info. Need those.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply man, but its not a stain, its a part of the suede that seems to have been damaged. I bought these ones off ebay and everything is perfect except that one part aha kinda bothering me. I think i might buy a suede brush and try it out. Also idk what pencil eraser i can find thats a dark brown :[ , either way repped for the reply! 
Basically same advice id give. You should be able to find a gum brown eraser at any art supply store. A suede brush is worth the buy because you can get a lot of use out of it fixing up all of your kicks. While I agree that a stain adds a bit of character if you do it yourself, I think that it's totally different if you get a pair of kicks and they are already stained. I'd be doing the same thing as you, trying to get rid of it the best that I could.

Little quick trick that I do to fix stuck suede and all it requires is a toothpick: Get a wooden toothpick and break it in half, trying to get a good break right in the middle that produces some jagged edges. Hold the two halves of the broken toothpick in your fingers, with the break facing outwards lining up both ends with the jagged edges. Lightly press the edges against the suede and start rubbing in tiny circles against the grain of the suede, or lightly pick at areas that you can clearly see are stuck down. Repeat until you see progress, it's gonna take some patience but there will be progress after awhile.

Basically the little broken edges of the toothpick act as the perfect suede brush/pick for imperfections in the suede. Works amazingly at removing smaller marks that a regular size suede brush will just wind up doing more damage to.

I'm sucker for an all grey shoe so those 999s look amazing. Definitely going after those. That's the only thing I like out of the the "Wanted Pack;" not a big fan of the 1600s or the 580. 

Is there any place that still has the burgundy/navy 999s that released a little while ago? I missed out on them and I have been looking everywhere.

Is there any place that still has the burgundy/navy 999s that released a little while ago? I missed out on them and I have been looking everywhere.

I was looking for them too. Thought they'd be easy to find. Ended up paying a little more than retail on Feebay. Talked the guy down for a PAYPAL invoice.

I was looking for them too. Thought they'd be easy to find. Ended up paying a little more than retail on Feebay. Talked the guy down for a PAYPAL invoice.

Yeah I check eBay and not my size I'm 9.5/10 and I couldn't find them. They're one of the better looking 999s and the green ones I think.

Yeah I check eBay and not my size I'm 9.5/10 and I couldn't find them. They're one of the better looking 999s and the green ones I think.
Keep checking Feebay.  Dude I bought mine from said he was trying to get some smaller sizes in the maroon 999s.  That was about 2 weeks ago.        

Keep checking Feebay.  Dude I bought mine from said he was trying to get some smaller sizes in the maroon 999s.  That was about 2 weeks ago.        
I saw the maroon 999s in-store at Saint Alfred in Chicago a couple weeks ago. Looked like they had a couple sizes left, but not sure what sizes. I don't see them on their website now so you might want to try calling them.

great stuff Dennis and Will - those devils are fire, and the 1300s and 999's are looking righteous (I may want both). As for the 1500s with the stain, just adds character, I wouldn't mess with it. Rugby pack is garbage obviously

^ interesting pics/info sdot- wondering what those asterisks by the size 13 and 13-14 are about (im guessing they make em, but not as many) ..... :nerd:

Oh boy, thats not a good news. Thanks for the info. I remember CT had a quick restock a few months ago of a 7.5 but didnt have funds at that time. I hope the other stores would carry for the small footers.

On the other hand, Dennis, that red devil IDs are sure fire!

ID on those dunqrico? First time ive seen them looks like 580.

Congrats on those man!
These are nice!

Thanks fellas! :D

heres a pic in different lighting, idk if you can tell anything else from these. Might just bring them to a repair shop

also has anyone dealt with squeaky new balances? maybe the insoles  

For the squeaking, pull out the insole and spray the inside heel of the shoe (or wherever the squeaking is happening) with WD-40, let it dry then replace the insole and you're good to go.
Worked flawlessly with my 996s. Just be careful not to get any WD-40 on the outside of your shoe

Back
Top Bottom