OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

whoever our coach is next season, i trust walsh will make the right decision... plus it can't get any worse than it was with Isiah, right?
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

You guys seem to forget that as of now D'Antoni is one of the most successful regular season coaches in the league, and that's exactly what arebuilding Knicks team needs

Originally Posted by D723

You guys seem to forget that as of now D'Antoni is one of the most successful regular season coaches in the league, and that's exactly what a rebuilding Knicks team needs

indifferent.gif
Not at all this Knicks need somebody that can take them tothe next level. And since they won't be doing it for at least 3 years I would have much rather they hired somebody cheap like Jackson and take a chance. Ifthat didn't work then you hire a new coach that could take care of bussiness. D'antoni better bring somebody in here on his staff that preachesdefense.

D'antoni's ways help during the season but not during the playoffs.

I hate this crybaby coach.

D'antoni better bring somebody in here on his staff that preaches defense.
someone like larry brown? preaching it won't get it done. we need the players to get it done, and right now we don't have them.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by D723

You guys seem to forget that as of now D'Antoni is one of the most successful regular season coaches in the league, and that's exactly what a rebuilding Knicks team needs

indifferent.gif
Not at all this Knicks need somebody that can take them to the next level. And since they won't be doing it for at least 3 years I would have much rather they hired somebody cheap like Jackson and take a chance. If that didn't work then you hire a new coach that could take care of bussiness. D'antoni better bring somebody in here on his staff that preaches defense.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You guys are forgetting how terrible of a state the Knicks are in ... ... Agreat regular season could at least get you competitive in the playoffs especially with how terribly lopsided the East is. But expect Q Rich to be leading theleague in attempts from 3.
roll.gif

Now I really think that if we don't get pick #1 or #2, we should trade down and pick up Augustin. He'd be absolutely perfect for D'Antoni'soffense.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Now I really think that if we don't get pick #1 or #2, we should trade down and pick up Augustin. He'd be absolutely perfect for D'Antoni's offense.
I've been feeling like this since the beginning of this season. Even if we don't get the D'Antoni system we know from Phoenix, I still wantDJ running the show.

I think D'Antoni is as good a hire as the Knicks can make under the circumstances. I've never liked the idea of Mark Jackson as a coach for thisfranchise at the present state it's in, since I personally prefer someone with experience. D'Antoni has coached winning, exciting basketball teams foryears. Forget about getting a coach who will preach defense for a "championship run"...GTFOOH with that. As has been stated, Larry Brown was adefensive coach, and that didn't work, so whats the difference, it comes down to personnel.

The best the Knicks can hope for is to play exciting basketball, win a few more games in the next couple of seasons, and become an attractive place forbig-name free-agents in 2010. D'Antoni provides all of that. Good hire by Walsh.

Were going to win the title in '09, mark me down
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nate Robinson is going to get MVP, that's a given

D'Antoni is going to run this team in the right direction

WATCH OUT FOR THE NEW YORK KNICKS IN 2008-2009
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

2z3zb6r.jpg

LOL, Bosh is signed for another 3 years 46 mill left on his contract, but he has the option to opt out by the 2010-2011 season.

yeah few weeks ago in the paper it said something about walsh being interested in d. wade, lbj or chris bosh after the 2010 season..

Were going to win the title in '09, mark me down

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Francis

iight i dont want to rewrite what i just wrote so im just gonna post the %%$%*@$ essay that i wrote win the D'Antoni thread about my thoughts since ivebeen out...

iight im a little late on the matter but ive been out so here are my thoughts exactly

as most of yall Knicks fans know on S&T I hate this move.

I think this is absolutely ******ed because no matter who coaches us there is no way that anybody in the world could win with this team. I feel like we are just throwing a veteran coach for a HUGE contract (3rd highest in the L) to coach a team that is pretty uncoachable. That is a waste of $ an it wont work out because he dont fitt in with this team, and we could have gotten a coach for a lot les money to coach this team because we wont win anyway.

I just dont see the point in throwing millions of dllars at a coach when really it makes no difference because we wont win anyway. In that case i would have rather gotten the Native NYer Mark Jackson to come and coach this team, and have him build as a coach as our team rebuilds. D'Antoni makes no sense with this roster and it is exactly like when we got Larry Brown. I mean cant we learn? Getting a great coach seemed like a great idea but this roster is full of bums and as a veteran D'Antoni will be more stubborn towards our young players and it will hurt our chemisty. Mark Jackson would have onnected with the young guys and would have developed with them, and although we still wouldnt be good we would be young and exciting and on the right track. And D'Antoni dont play no D and i CAN NOT watch a team that just lets people score on them at will any longer, i just can not it made me miserable watching us play D this past year. So for obvious reasons i feel this was just a stupid move, and i dont think D'Antoni is really passionate about the job, dude just is in for the $ Jackson or Herb would have come cheaaper and Mark loves NY and his passion would be 100% with the team, and us Knicks fans while we can obviously question Herb's ability as a coach, nobody can question his loyalty to the team, and he could have been a very good cheap get for a team that will be young but not good for at least 2 more years, because you know he would keep chemistry high and he would be dedicated and loyal.

On the other hand as i think allen has been trying to say i trust Walsh and i will give him credit for this move. The difference between this move and when we got Larry Brown is that Walsh is not a %%$%*@$ idiot. Walsh unlike Isiah knows that he cannot just throw a coach in there with a team and like magic we would win. Isiah honestly felt that with Brown and Larry Brown had none of his kind of players and we all know the end result.Walsh unlike Isiah will make moves that D'Antoni can work with. He wont keep bums like Curry because he obviously knows that thatfat piece of *+%@ could nnever play under D'Antoni. I give Wa;sh credit because by making this move he has basically said that he wants the Knicks under our new look to get into the new look of basketball and run. Isiah wanted that too, but he never made moves to do so. Walsh is a very smart guy and will make alot of key moves this offseason that D'Antoni can work wth. If he does that than this move is not stupid. So like allen has said on numerous accounts, i trus Walsh and he didnt bring D'Antoni into a system he cannnot work with, he wanted to be a running team and he got the best coach for that job. He is not an idiot and will get the players to make it happen, because the players we get is far more important than the coach. So will not completely hate on this move. there are obviously certain aspects that i do not like, but walsh knew who e wanted and he went for it and this means that he will get the players to make it work, that is his job, and it is something that Isiah never could do.

Z Bo and Curry will be out, Steph BETTER stay for his contract year if we want any chance of a big tome FA in 2010. There will be alot of other players moved but what i kind of like about this move iss thatour core of players the players that people like the most in NYC and wont mind staying on the team can be excellent under a Mike D'Antoni system. i think this system would most benefit Jamal Crawford, Jamal is very shot happy and he will get his shots and nice looks if we can get a Derrick Rose PG to give him his looks, he is also athletic and can run. Jamal is a good player, say what you want but he is indeed talented. He is not what Isiah and some make him out to be. I admit i thought he could be an all-star and he is that good but in reality we were so bad we made him look better than he really is and it fooled me as well. Keeping Jamal around will be an excellent chemistry booster for a young team because he is our unquestioned team leader and he has a great winning attitude. Like i said i dont see him as one of our pieces to build around, but in a Mike D'Antoni system Jamal could be an EXCELLENT sixth man, as he will bring alot of scoring and a nice shot off the bench, i see him as a good 15-16 pg off the bench and a nice shooter for the fast break set. This play benefits David Lee as well who could run with teams and also help out on defense. He has a great all around game and i think he can definitley work well with a fas break team. Also Nate and wilson Chandler should stick around both are young an energetic and superb athlees (especially Nate) Nate could be an excellent spark plug off the bench on a D'Antoni team and i wont really give wilson a role becaus e at times he looked like he could be a starter but once again he got his minutes late in last year so its hard to tell, but he should stick around.

Once again i dont want yalls thinking im a hypocrit because just last week i was saying how stupid this would be. Because is till feel this is a dumb move, but i am also saying it will have some positives. Walsh will make moves that D'Antoni can work with, and he will make sure that we will have a fun to watch up tempo team next year. We wont necessarily be good next year at least but you can bet that this moves assures that Curry and Z Bo willl be out which i think is the best thing about it. I still dont necessarily like this moves but Walsh wants a running team, and he got his man, now he will make the moves to support it.

NATE ROBINSON
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

MY MAN
Dudes a beast
I taped it when he won the dunk contest, I've watched it at least 15 times since
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

HES GUNNA BE MVP NEXT YEAR, IF HES NOT I WILL GET RID OF MY SNNN

Back
Top Bottom