Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for letting you down. Sneakernews wanted the feature and details on the news I explained in the thread and I figure it would be cool to share with NT.
Like I said, playing victim. It's not about being let down, it's about the build up in the first place. It was worded so carefully to create speculation for no real reason...

It's whatever honestly. Just know that not everyone buys into it, I guess. Sneakerheads that can see through the hype still exist.

Wow this thread has gotten out of control.

To be fair to @SuNiversal  every word from Kanye and his camp (we have access to the same people) has been exactly what their lawyers have regurgitated to them. So at this point, they aren't the best sources of information. But Nike wrote Kanye's contract and just like any smart business does, they have worked loopholes into it and there are clever ways for Nike to still release this.  

One of my specialties is crisis PR and I was asked to be on a call before Thursday of this week with "C-level execs at Nike" to discuss some matters. If there is anything remotely related to RO's and their release or if I can somehow maneuver the conversation towards it, I will. I still have clients hounding me about the shoe, and it would be nice to give them some concrete info on it as well, so anything I find out will be shared with NT. 

so Sami comes with some information, which get this thread moving.... besides the usual *****in... and ppl start actin like he was supposed to have the cure for AIDS?

these people really got some stupid sense of entitlement...

cmon its just a pair of sneakers, got u guys actin like children...

see ... this is why some ppl just leave the forum , or decide to share information thru PMs....

:smh:

and i know a join date doesnt mean anything .... but a big % of the "new" members are turning this into a circus ....

so Sami comes with some information, which get this thread moving.... besides the usual *****in... and ppl start actin like he was supposed to have the cure for AIDS?

see ... this is why some ppl just leave the forum , or decide to share information thru PMs....

:smh:

and i know a join date doesnt mean anything .... but a big % of the "new" members are turning this into a circus ....
this. He acould go back to his obviously fun life and say nothing. And NT loses yet another person with real info on anything.

To be fair to @SuNiversal
 every word from Kanye and his camp (we have access to the same people) has been exactly what their lawyers have regurgitated to them. So at this point, they aren't the best sources of information. But Nike wrote Kanye's contract and just like any smart business does, they have worked loopholes into it and there are clever ways for Nike to still release this.  

One of my specialties is crisis PR and I was asked to be on a call before Thursday of this week with "C-level execs at Nike" to discuss some matters. If there is anything remotely related to RO's and their release or if I can somehow maneuver the conversation towards it, I will. I still have clients hounding me about the shoe, and it would be nice to give them some concrete info on it as well, so anything I find out will be shared with NT. 
word. Repped.

Last edited:
Sami a great guy. But some of you need to stop hanging on his male organ. Yes he gives us info to stuff that really doesnt matter to us like HIM getting his red yeezy, or HIM getting them signed, or HIM just showing off. I cant lie if i was sami i would have been doing the same. But theres a difference between you putting him on a pedestal, then giving him props. Honestly who cares if sami stays out of this topic. Because what is Sami gonna do to get us ALL a pair of RO without hosting some type of raffle. So wake up and stop mopping. And stick with news related to RO even if they not comming out. Lets just wait for news saying they not releasing. I rather do that the. See you guys go head over heels for sami.

Last edited:
It's ok guys. The Nike x Kanye era is over for now. Kanye will return to Nike. This Adidas deal is just more lucrative as of now but how long can that ***** go without rocking Nike's....seriously

If you're truly into sneakers you can't avoid a pair of Nike's.

...come at me

...wait we're on NikeTalk >D

If you're truly into sneakers you can't avoid a pair of Nike's.

...come at me

...wait we're on NikeTalk
grin.gif
but if your job requires you to stay away from Nikes, what are you gonna say?

"NAH B, I QUIT!"

To be fair to @SuNiversal  every word from Kanye and his camp (we have access to the same people) has been exactly what their lawyers have regurgitated to them. So at this point, they aren't the best sources of information. But Nike wrote Kanye's contract and just like any smart business does, they have worked loopholes into it and there are clever ways for Nike to still release this.  

So, basically, you guys are connected into the estranged end of a failed collaboration effort. This is my point. I'm not sure why what is coming from that end is being accepted as fact considering that Kanye's camp holds absolutely no leverage outside the name "Yeezy."

You both deal with PR matters... this just seems like a stunt to keep Kanye's name relevant at the forefront of the sneaker world. The story that these are a new colorway and Kanye himself was pushing for them to release.... C'mon man. You really believe that? If you do, I've got a bridge to sell you.....

If these were given to Sami with the caveat of sharing with the media then that story is fully fabricated without a doubt. Perfect little cutesy story to write an article about... Not easy to hype people up with a material wear test shoe. Not a very compelling story.

I truly believe these will release. Maybe not this year, maybe not next year... shoot, maybe not for 10 years. But at one point you better believe Nike will release this shoe in all red. There is far too much buzz about them to let it die completely. So I'd have a hard time making the proclamation they "won't release" if my source were Kanye's people... unless I had something to benefit (free sample Yeezy, social media following...ha).

I just feel like this is all part of a PR move. You showing back up in this thread randomly doesn't make me think otherwise...

mean.gif

Posts like this are so useless. Thanks for your opinion on how other people act. This is NikeTalk, not HumanBehaviorTalk.

Members share info via PM here all the time (myself included) so that the people that use the information and twist it to benefit themselves aren't included. Like exactly what Sami is doing with this Yeezy "info."

Also, "these people." C'mon man, it's only me arguing this right now. At least direct your statement at me if it's obviously intended for me. If being grilled for how legit someone is being scares them out of this forum, then good. We don't need the fake PR BS and build ups to nothing. We can all read that crap on the blogs once it gets there.

And I can't disagree with you more about "new" members making this a circus. New members are making good arguments and "OG" members such as yourself are just throwing in your two cents trying to pull us off track with insults instead of adding to the actual discussion.

So, basically, you guys are connected into the estranged end of a failed collaboration effort. This is my point. I'm not sure why what is coming from that end is being accepted as fact considering that Kanye's camp holds absolutely no leverage outside the name "Yeezy."

You both deal with PR matters... this just seems like a stunt to keep Kanye's name relevant at the forefront of the sneaker world. The story that these are a new colorway and Kanye himself was pushing for them to release.... C'mon man. You really believe that? If you do, I've got a bridge to sell you.....

If these were given to Sami with the caveat of sharing with the media then that story is fully fabricated without a doubt. Perfect little cutesy story to write an article about... Not easy to hype people up with a material wear test shoe. Not a very compelling story.

I truly believe these will release. Maybe not this year, maybe not next year... shoot, maybe not for 10 years. But at one point you better believe Nike will release this shoe in all red. There is far too much buzz about them to let it die completely. So I'd have a hard time making the proclamation they "won't release" if my source were Kanye's people... unless I had something to benefit (free sample Yeezy, social media following...ha).

I just feel like this is all part of a PR move. You showing back up in this thread randomly doesn't make me think otherwise...

There is zero in this for me for my post to be a PR ploy. I know Kanye and his camp but my affiliation with him is personal, not professional. I have no reason to hype him or anything related to him unless he decides to pay me to do so by engaging my services. I also am not getting free items from him or his people nor have I ever asked anyone on NT to follow me on social media for updates on anything.

I also may not be as active as I once was in this thread, but that's because there is nothing to say or share. Why fuel the fire if I have nothing worthwhile to contribute? Nike execs talking to crisis publicists could be of interest, so I did share that piece of info. I've been active in other threads on NT related to shoes that ARE ACTUALLY releasing/have released because I do have an interest in sneakers.

the one mike the one mike is making far too much sense in this thread for the majority to understand. I couldn't care less if these released but when you consider the circumstances it is more likely for Nike to release these than part ways with them.

Nobody who claims to have the information has the information. I don't care if Kanye West himself tweeted they're not releasing. I wouldn't believe it.

Until Phil Knight, Mark Parker, or Gentry says for certain that they're not coming out then I'm not buying into any claims.

There is zero in this for me for my post to be a PR ploy. I know Kanye and his camp but my affiliation with him is personal, not professional. I have no reason to hype him or anything related to him unless he decides to pay me to do so by engaging my services. I also am not getting free items from him or his people nor have I ever asked anyone on NT to follow me on social media for updates on anything.

I also may not be as active as I once was in this thread, but that's because there is nothing to say or share. Why fuel the fire if I have nothing worthwhile to contribute? Nike execs talking to crisis publicists could be of interest, so I did share that piece of info. I've been active in other threads on NT related to shoes that ARE ACTUALLY releasing/have released because I do have an interest in sneakers.
I'm not attacking your position here, please don't misinterpret what I meant. I don't mean there was anything for you to benefit... But there was for other people.

And your second thought is exactly why other members and I are so angry at the way this release of "info" was approached. There's nothing to say, so why fuel the fire with some BS story about "info" to get people riled up? He's just taking advantage and filling dead air time in the Yeezy world while plugging his own name.

Whatever. I guess the game has changed. People try and get themselves out there via sneaker news now.

I'm not calling you out for being inactive either. People have lives. I just thought it was funny the PR girl shows back up when someone gets called out on a PR stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom