Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although $200 is a ridiculous price it's still reasonable from the stand point of a performance shoe that will have extended durability. Even then between waiting on sales, using coupons and discount codes, it's awfully rare I ever pay retail for a shoe. I don't have a huge collection, I think I'm down to 20 pairs at this point. I play basketball in my shoes so in essence they actually do something for me and add to my performance on a comfort and protection level. Not to mention they can endure the beating I put on them being 6'6" 270lbs so that price spread over the life of the shoe can almost equate to $60 a year for a great performance shoe. I have physical proof Lebron's performance line helps my knees, back, and feet while hooping. None of this can be said for the Yeezy shoe which is kinda why I don't understand the need or want to spend THAT much money on them.

By no means an I "coming" at anybody, we all have our vices. Confidence plays a HUGE role in life with any and everything we do so unless you sincerely believe having Yeezys on your feet is going to improve your mix downs in the studio, increase your chances of pulling a Kardashian type female at your local Panera Bread, or perhaps help your delivery and cadence in the booth what's the positive having these shoes adds to life that warrants spending that kind of cash? 8k is a hefty price to pay for confidence...

I'm not watching his pockets, not questioning his purchases. I want to know the reason he can comfortably spend 8k on three shoes made by Nike Sportswear and be like "That was a good deal..." Because maybe I'm missing something. I don't want to be out of the loop...

Well I assumed a lot about you and all of it is apparently wrong or way off based. But it's great you seem a lot more reasonable with your shoe purchases, but even the $200 although it helps you, as you stated is excessive. But it benefits you

The exclusivity kid what benefits these dudes, trust there is no other reason why they pay that much, so you really are not missing anything. He spent 8k to have something g very few have, he may like the shoe but the legist is the rarity of it...

You're huge by the way...

Better pic
nthat.gif

Well I assumed a lot about you and all of it is apparently wrong or way off based. But it's great you seem a lot more reasonable with your shoe purchases, but even the $200 although it helps you, as you stated is excessive. But it benefits you

The exclusivity kid what benefits these dudes, trust there is no other reason why they pay that much, so you really are not missing anything. He spent 8k to have something g very few have, he may like the shoe but the legist is the rarity of it...

You're huge by the way...

That's what she said....LOL!

No but seriously I get the rarity thing too but even that doesn't make sense when you can iD something that even fewer people will have. I suppose the price point to attain them is the driving force. To be seen with them gives the impression of wealth if the onlooker is aware of the price they cost to attain...meh. I hope everybody is as hyped for Kanye's Adidas line the way they are his Nike shoe...

That's what she said....LOL!

No but seriously I get the rarity thing too but even that doesn't make sense when you can iD something that even fewer people will have. I suppose the price point to attain them is the driving force. To be seen with them gives the impression of wealth if the onlooker is aware of the price they cost to attain...meh. I hope everybody is as hyped for Kanye's Adidas line the way they are his Nike shoe...

I don't think Adidas can recreate that same exclusivity that Nike can. Nike is the reigning king of sneakers...in urban culture

I don't think Adidas can recreate that same exclusivity that Nike can. Nike is the reigning king of sneakers...in urban culture
I believe that although it might not reach the hype levels that is associated with Nike there will still be an obscene amount of hype associated with anything that he puts his name on including his Adidas line. An example being the A.P.C. line that he collaborated on that sold out in minutes including a plain white T-shirt for $120. 

They DO glow! Can't wait for these. I wonder how a plat foam would look. Solar and plat are pretty much equal for me

Nah. Nike has clout. Adidas is a great company with history tied to it, especially in hip hop culture but, but.....

Michael Jordan is affiliated with Nike :wow:

Teyanna Taylor had a lot of people lined up for over 24hrs outside of Adidas store in Chicago's three degree weather for the Harlem GLC women's shoe thingy. I could only imagine what ruckus Kanye will cause...

Ye should've just pushed to have these on Nike ID instead of a wider release. Would've been a win for both parties.

In my opinion, footlocker played us all in an unprofessional way. I've bought 100+ shoes just from them, they owe me and all the loyal customers that keep them in business more than the BS they pulled with those tweets, only to give absolutely no explanation. Even if somebody hacked, or nike pulled the stock, we deserve an explanation.

There. Got that off my chest ha.

In my opinion, footlocker played us all in an unprofessional way. I've bought 100+ shoes just from them, they owe me and all the loyal customers that keep them in business more than the BS they pulled with those tweets, only to give absolutely no explanation. Even if somebody hacked, or nike pulled the stock, we deserve an explanation.

You feel that way? STOP buying from them. Can you do that?

Exactly how do you or we "DESERVE" an explanation? Why do they owe us that? Y'all's sense of entitlement is absurd. It's their intellectual property that they can choose to sell, or not sell, release, give away, destroy etc.

And your/our purchases don't make or break either company. The "sneakerhead" community is muuuuuch smaller than we make it seem.

Last edited:
You feel that way? STOP buying from them. Can you do that?

Word. You're not doing footlocker any favors. They're providing you with a good that you probably wouldn't get if it wasn't for a sneaker store existing. You're exchanging your money for a product that you want. Be happy that you've purchased over 100 pairs from them. There's a whole world of people that missed out on those 100 pairs

From my knowledge (Word from the store i work at's Nike Rep) He said the pairs are in Brooklyn at a Nike warehouse awaiting a ship date to the Tier0 account holders in the NYC area. I can't speak for other cities but NYC drop is coming.... Supposedly... Its going to be unannounced on a customer loyalty type program "On Shelves" for the lucky few who are around the area and able to cop 

I don't understand how there are at least a hundred pairs that have already surfaced, yet there will only be 1k released. Does this mean that on NDC if they do release, there will only be 900 pairs available? How did all these pairs even come about other then the F&F?
eyes.gif

I don't understand how there are at least a hundred pairs that have already surfaced, yet there will only be 1k released. Does this mean that on NDC if they do release, there will only be 900 pairs available? How did all these pairs even come about other then the F&F? :rolleyes

Being stolen, passed around at nike, fake pairs, and like you said, Friends and family. The contest people should be receiving pairs soon if they haven't already. I believe February was the cut off date

And 1k is a completely made up number. Numbers haven't, and probably wont ever be confirmed.

Last edited:

I don't understand how there are at least a hundred pairs that have already surfaced, yet there will only be 1k released. Does this mean that on NDC if they do release, there will only be 900 pairs available? How did all these pairs even come about other then the F&F?
eyes.gif
Kanyes contract allowed him to design 8000 unites per color way on the Air Yeezy line as well as 6  different models but he broke contract after going to design with other companies Nike held a exclusivity over him and eventually let him go 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom