OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

the kobe 8 super hero elite insoles are really stiff, and slightly larger than the lunarlon insoles so there is a slight bit of heel slip.  they last way longer but it takes awhile to break in and get used to, imo.  

There was a total of 3 setups for the 8 right? Lunarlon, cushlon with heel zoom, and phylon with forefoot and heel zoom. How durable is the cushlon insert?
All of the inserts will bottom out fairly quickly if used heavily (like 2-3 months)

However the cushlon inserts do take some time to break in unlike the lunarlon
the phylon one doesn't bottom out like the cushlon and lunar. my superhero inserts are still going. the zoom pressure has leak a bit but that normal for any zoom/phylon nike bball shoe.

^Correct, 3 setups unless you include the orthotic ready iD option which would make 4.

I have the cushlon insert, but was happy with lunar so I never gave it a full shot.  Maybe I will one of these days.  If anyone has played in the hyperchase or hyperlive it's a similar feel (not sure if those are cushlon too, if they are a PU insert or if it's all the same...)
the only problem i had with the cushlon insert is that nike + system. as the cushlon breaks in, you'll start to fell that plastic nike + pocket in the middle of your feet when you put a lot of pressure (like making a hard cut). I eventually had to double sock for the extra padding before moving on to the superheros.

the kobe 8 super hero elite insoles are really stiff, and slightly larger than the lunarlon insoles so there is a slight bit of heel slip.  they last way longer but it takes awhile to break in and get used to, imo.  
i think you're just used to the lunar setup.  i didn't have issues with the phylon insert...but i only play in phylon/zoom.

Shall be called FTB 8 now lol

stock insole. if I can find the superhero insole I'll get them. if not I'll put full zoom from xi id when I get them.

Not sure if there are any peeps from Toronto but seller on kijiji selling kobe 8 elite super hero ds for 120$ Canadian. It's a steal to me but size 12.5 :frown:

Grab it if it's your size!

Or at least a restock would be nice. Nike haven't done a restock on kobes for a long time now hmm. I need more 8s!!!

have you tried deciphering the codes for kobe 9,10 and 11?
Yup!

The 9's had "MASTERPIECE" and "VENI VIDI VICI."
The X's had "ENDURE AND CONQUER."
For the XI's, the outer toe area says "MY STORY" and the inner heel area says "REALIGN REAFFIRM REESTABLISH."

Thats cool... Thanks.. Do you have a copy of the letter by letter translation/decipher code?
I didn't use any sort of translation or deciphering code. It was pretty much a combination of inductive reasoning and trial and error.

Back when the VI's released, it was known that the Kobe code on the side of the outsoles on those said "BLACK MAMBA," and it was the same for VII's on the bottom of the outsoles. So when the 8's came out, I looked at the code on there and filled in the known letters since I knew what B, L, A, C, K, and M looked like. From there, I would fill letters in through trial and error, noting where duplicate unknowns were and guessing accordingly and seeing if it made sense. It was really hard in the beginning since I had so few letters to work with, but it got easier with each successive shoe as I was able to determine more letters like this.

I didn't use any sort of translation or deciphering code. It was pretty much a combination of inductive reasoning and trial and error.

Back when the VI's released, it was known that the Kobe code on the side of the outsoles on those said "BLACK MAMBA," and it was the same for VII's on the bottom of the outsoles. So when the 8's came out, I looked at the code on there and filled in the known letters since I knew what B, L, A, C, K, and M looked like. From there, I would fill letters in through trial and error, noting where duplicate unknowns were and guessing accordingly and seeing if it made sense. It was really hard in the beginning since I had so few letters to work with, but it got easier with each successive shoe as I was able to determine more letters like this.

Cool bro... I have the copy of the code from counterkicks but some letters arent there.. Or atleast clear to read
http://counterkicks.com/2009/12/nike-spring-2010-catalog-kobe-code/

Cool bro... I have the copy of the code from counterkicks but some letters arent there.. Or atleast clear to read
http://counterkicks.com/2009/12/nike-spring-2010-catalog-kobe-code/

Yeah, I know of that too, but it's not correct. None of the symbols on the shoes themselves have those lines like they're represented on there. Even on the VI's, some of the letters represented there don't match up correctly to what it says on the shoe. So I had to improvise.

I've been meaning to make a graphic of the known code and what letter corresponds to them, but I've been too lazy to ever actually start. If I ever get around to it, I'll definitely let you know!

Back
Top Bottom