**OFFICIAL NIKE TECH FLEECE/TECH KNIT THREAD** - SEE FAQ on First Page

There was an extra 20 off clearance but it ended yesterday
tech knit was added to clearance on the 2nd

Yep, it's an office-friendly piece of clothing!

The jacket came in. Def feel like I leveled up my fashion game. I think I look better with it unzipped, but then exposing a tee underneath is a no no for the office. Wearing a button up underneath kinda takes away the while point for me. So we'll see.

My zipper kind of kinks when insert it in. Not sure if they're all like that, or if I have a defective zipper. Mind posting a pic of the part that inserts the tab that you draw up?

The jacket came in. Def feel like I leveled up my fashion game. I think I look better with it unzipped, but then exposing a tee underneath is a no no for the office. Wearing a button up underneath kinda takes away the while point for me. So we'll see.

My zipper kind of kinks when insert it in. Not sure if they're all like that, or if I have a defective zipper. Mind posting a pic of the part that inserts the tab that you draw up?

When it's worn in the office or for any other formal SEMI-formal occasion, it's best to zip it all the way up, and then unzip the bottom zipper up to mid-to-upper pocket level as if it's a blazer or an untucked button-up. eel free to try to raise the collar up to experiment, too. The navy/obsidian color works for that in my opinion, because the color is common for clothes like that. I'm guessing you need to wear slacks or something in the office?

Not sure by what you mean by the zipper. Can you clarify?

Last edited:
I copped the Tech Fleece Sportswear down jacket for $205 plus 8% back

this thing is a pretty damn awesome jacket

^ did I just read Nike Tech Fleece and formal in the same sentence? :lol: I must be old fashioned :lol:

Welcome to the world of Atheleisure. It started in the mid 00's then died out for awhile most of what stayed was on the women's side , now theres a bigger push to make it into the day to day living for everyone.

My question is how often does everyone else wash there tech knit and how? I usually do it after 3-4 wears delicate cycle and bought some cheap stackable drying racks that i put a fan next to

Last edited:
Tech Fleece is strictly for running errands and lounging. Athleisure is synonymous with lazy. Put on a pair of jeans or pants when you go out.

^ did I just read Nike Tech Fleece and formal in the same sentence? :lol: I must be old fashioned :lol:

Haha, okay, maybe it's a bit of a stretch. What I mean to say is that the jacket (and I should mention this is JUST for this jacket) can be dressed up a bit. Trust me, I was a bit as surprised as you are when I got it in and thought to myself that it could be worn in an elevated manner. That's just me though. It does go very well with black pants (not slacks, specifically).

I'm also hoping I did not just promote the sense that for any high schoolers reading these past several posts that they think they can go to prom wearing Tech Fleece, because that would be so bad... :smh:

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of Atheleisure. It started in the mid 00's then died out for awhile most of what stayed was on the women's side , now theres a bigger push to make it into the day to day living for everyone.

My question is how often does everyone else wash there tech knit and how? I usually do it after 3-4 wears delicate cycle and bought some cheap stackable drying racks that i put a fan next to
If I was sweating in it profusely from like a long day of activity then it's straight to the wash, but casual use about every 2-3 wears which isn't that often since I don't wear it everyday.

Haha, okay, maybe it's a bit of a stretch. What I mean to say is that the jacket (and I should mention this is JUST for this jacket) can be dressed up a bit. Trust me, I was a bit as surprised as you are when I got it in and thought to myself that it could be worn in an elevated manner. That's just me though. It does go very well with black pants (not slacks, specifically).

I'm also hoping I did not just promote the sense that for any high schoolers reading these past several posts that they think they can go to prom wearing Tech Fleece, because that would be so bad...
mean.gif
Can we get a pic of how y'all are wearing this at the office? I feel like that's way too casual to wear in a formal setting.

Can we get a pic of how y'all are wearing this at the office? I feel like that's way too casual to wear in a formal setting.

Okay, never mind. It's not "formal" appropriate. :lol: Maybe the best word I should've used was "semi-formal." It's still casual. My black pair of pants I normally wear to work is in the wash at the moment, so I decided to substitute. Here's the thing though; I work at an office where it's casual friendly. I'm going to correct my reply above. So if you're working at a place where it's strictly professional or business professional (like no sneakers allowed and you gotta be dressed up), the jacket would be likely be okay as a layer as you're going in and out of the office. I know it sounds like I'm super backtracking, but I can admit that I'd stand corrected through realizations.

Hell, we've even had a guy that came in wearing a cape sometimes... no, not a Tech Fleece cape. An actual ******* cape... don't ask me why. One of my coworkers came out as he was coming in and when I was there, he said to me, "Hey, I have a question. Why does he wear a cape?" My answer: "I have no idea... :smh:"

View media item 2323377

Last edited:
When it's worn in the office or for any other formal SEMI-formal occasion, it's best to zip it all the way up, and then unzip the bottom zipper up to mid-to-upper pocket level as if it's a blazer or an untucked button-up. eel free to try to raise the collar up to experiment, too. The navy/obsidian color works for that in my opinion, because the color is common for clothes like that. I'm guessing you need to wear slacks or something in the office?

Not sure by what you mean by the zipper. Can you clarify?

View media item 2323399
Mine. Sorry crappy pic. Heading out to Superbowl party.

I wear TF/TK on wednesdays/thursdays (dont work fridays) typically. My office is just very relaxed, but I do try to "dress for success" a couple days a week (Monday, Tuesday) or if I know I have an important meeting.

and im only talking windrunners, I would never wear TF or TK pants.

Last edited:
Tech knit bombers and black crew are a go. Tech fleece cardigans are also "business casual" in my eyes.

Last edited:
Tech knit bombers and black crew are a go. Tech fleece cardigans are also "business casual" in my eyes.

Agreed. Might have to pick one up. Colours definitely factor in. The grey is definitely 'office worthy' but the blue and Maroon are borderline IMO unless you're definitely in a casual office.

Seattle premium had a FSR of the carbon heather windrunners on clearance for $54.97, came out to $49 after tax with the the $10 gift card coupon. Still wish they had the zippered pockets like the older windrunners
14-07-2016_nike_techfleecewindrunner_carbonheather_black_sh_1.jpg

Went to the Nike Factory Store in Tannersville, PA today. They had a big sale on Nike Sportswear stuff. A lot of it was marked down plus an extra 50% off. Saw a bunch of tech fleece parkas in multiple colors, some sportswear bomber jackets, and a couple other items. Sadly didn't see any tech knit pieces or tech fleece joggers 
I'm glad I caught this post, although I don't know how being almost 2 weeks old. Anyways, I picked up the last size M in obsidian. If anybody is interested, they still have a few L/XL of obsidian and the seaweed black. It's $175 - 50%.

Oh and there's 1 zip up aeroloft hoodie size S. Also 50% off.

Last edited:
KEEP THE PICKUP REQUESTS TO PM PLEASE. IF I DELETED YOUR POST THEN IM TALKING TO YOU.

Back
Top Bottom