***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Often time ppl in powerful positions getting found not guilty for things they're very guilty of. I can wait to wanna smack Mal on Wednesday.

288BFBD1-431E-44B6-B573-38CE8817A2C5.jpeg
5561699C-F26D-4A47-862E-C3362558E0B6.gif

I mean, knowing that Trump and the GOP are guilty isn't necessarily the point from where I'm standing. We (and like, the vast majority of the country) know he's guilty. The problem for me is the precedent it sets moving forward. What's the point in gaining power and not wielding it? The Dems did show up the GOP and their complicity, but being worried about the GOP Senators blocking legislation like they haven't done that for the better part of the last decade *for no reason other than to stymie the Obama admin* is confusing.

The filibuster has to go by the end of this year or its curtains, I feel. I really want to be an optimist that the GOP will eat itself in the interim, but I don't think America's history with white supremacy backs that.

Also, Kyrsten Sinema is gonna get a few letters from me soon about it, cause she can't continue to act like the filibuster can be upheld *and* progress can be made.

An American political joke. Trump is acquitted. Useless Republicans. Mcconnell saying contradictory stuff. Wonder who that reminds me of. 7 Republicans voted to convict but **** the Republicans if ALL don't convict. :smh:.

this is far beyond white privilege. this is white power at work.

they protect and look out for one another to maintain cultural, social, economic hegemony even if they know they're completely guilty and full of ****. doing otherwise would delegitimize their whole operation and way of being

It's the threat of white people versus white people. Ever since Trump got into office, a certain segment of white america had become increasingly uncomfortable. He alone blew the lid off of america the beautiful, exposing the warts and all. Now that segment of white america wants to put all of the garbage right back into the can, yet with a tighter lid. The dems are afraid of being exposed as being just as bad as the right wing, and this is why they are backing off.

Pretty soon they will begin to laud police departments all over america, forgetting about the likes of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, allowing the police to become comfortable with killing Black people again. Just as long as they are NOT shooting ordinary patriots, those that truly love this country, everything will be alright.

They are looking for white reconciliation.

That's what it was about in America. Some trying to do right, but many trying to do what they want, typically wrong.

Back
Top Bottom