Official: Revised Lebron IX Thread. MVP's revealed! MV's WILL have toddler sizes! 6/2

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by In Transit

With all of the talented photogs on this and other sites, I have yet to see one pic of this shoe on foot, one that makes me even think about wanting to cop a pair of these joints. On court, these are probably the biz. Off court, the abysmal aesthetics of the lacing system is quite profound.

Basically this.  I am sorry but I will not pay close to $200 dollars for a pair of shoes that has 0 off court appeal.  There are better on court performance shoes for cheaper with better off court appeal (cough Kobe's cough cough)

All of these on feet pics have basically made it obvious that they just look awkward worn casually.  No thanks nike better luck with the lebron 10
How do you know these don't perform better than the Kobes when nobody's given these a performance review yet? 
laugh.gif
 I generally prefer Kobes to Lebrons on the court as much as anyone, but damn, some of y'all are giving these about as much of a chance as...well actually, there's pretty much always a lot of hate for a shoe before they release lol. 

Did people honestly think Nike would let you make a South Beach or Dunkman colorway on ID? Really? That's crazy.

In other news, Im seeing a 11/11 release for the cannons is that for online too? Asking cuz that's a friday, not comfortable enough with the school connection.

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

Did people honestly think Nike would let you make a South Beach or Dunkman colorway on ID? Really? That's crazy.

In other news, Im seeing a 11/11 release for the cannons is that for online too? Asking cuz that's a friday, not comfortable enough with the school connection.
Unless NDC switches it up on us last minute, which has happened before a few times, they're coming out 11/11 on there:
[table][tr][td]11/11/11[/td][td]Lebron 9[/td][td]Cannon/Volt-Slate Blue-Team Orange[/td][td]$170[/td][td]469764-004[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Wayne141

With all of the talented photogs on this and other sites, I have yet to see one pic of this shoe on foot, one that makes me even think about wanting to cop a pair of these joints. On court, these are probably the biz. Off court, the abysmal aesthetics of the lacing system is quite profound.

Basically this.  I am sorry but I will not pay close to $200 dollars for a pair of shoes that has 0 off court appeal.  There are better on court performance shoes for cheaper with better off court appeal (cough Kobe's cough cough)

All of these on feet pics have basically made it obvious that they just look awkward worn casually.  No thanks nike better luck with the lebron 10
How do you know these don't perform better than the Kobes when nobody's given these a performance review yet? 
laugh.gif
 I generally prefer Kobes to Lebrons on the court as much as anyone, but damn, some of y'all are giving these about as much of a chance as...well actually, there's pretty much always a lot of hate for a shoe before they release lol. 
Do you honestly think you will put them on your feet and they will blow your mind?  They are max air heel zoom forefoot.  They have solid lockdown features....they have a nice carbon fiber shank.  I am gonna assume they perform very well....

So that being said $170 + tax is $180.20 in MD.  All I am saying is if I am going to drop that much money the shoe better have some off court appeal because the market is vast and that price tag is high

Originally Posted by Gex The Damaja

Unless NDC switches it up on us last minute, which has happened before a few times, they're coming out 11/11 on there:
[table][tr][td]11/11/11[/td][td]Lebron 9[/td][td]Cannon/Volt-Slate Blue-Team Orange[/td][td]$170[/td][td]469764-004[/td][/tr][/table]
Online on the 11/11

Instores weeks before, word is even in two week from now???  Just waiting to see what happens

laugh.gif
Do you honestly think you will put them on your feet and they will blow your mind?  They are max air heel zoom forefoot.  They have solid lockdown features....they have a nice carbon fiber shank.  I am gonna assume they perform very well....

So that being said $170 + tax is $180.20 in MD.  All I am saying is if I am going to drop that much money the shoe better have some off court appeal because the market is vast and that price tag is high

Agreed. Expecting versatility at a high price point is not a sin. I find it incredibly hypocritical that there are are people attempting to refute this point, by suggesting that a performance shoe be just that, and then only that. If that is indeed the case, why not go all the way? Simply make the shoe as ugly as possible, with the most undesirable of colorways imaginable. I am sure that the company, Nike, does value the aesthetic as much as the consumer. However, they hold the trump card by attaching the name of LeBron James, who has proven to be able to move questionable product, even at a very high price point.

laugh.gif

Who knows. No one's done a performance review of these yet, and 99% of us haven't even held the shoes in our hands or tried them on so sky's the limit to me expectations wise. More likely than not I won't get that rare "wow" feeling playing in these, but the point is who knows til the shoes are actually out, which is part of the excitement. 
And sure, you buy what you like looks wise, and there are a ton of great performance shoes out there now with Kobes, KDs, etc being cheaper. No argument from me there, if you personally don't like these, then don't buy them lol. But...the looks/off court appeal thing is totally subjective. 

I love both laces.  I'm leaning towards the orange, but the blue is nice.

I'm ready for these to start droppin cause this thread is
sick.gif
 right now. 

Actually for me, it is not the actual laces, it is the lacing system. The asymmetrical system at the forefoot, gives the shoe a twisted, pigeon toed effect. That combined with the clover shaped ankle collar, does not allow the shoe to line up, fall correctly for off court wear. Performance wise, this may have an advantage, seeing that these may actually fit well, then being suited for people who actually use their shoes for their intended purpose, this may be great.

Funny thing is, other companies are putting out great shoes to play in, at a much lower price point. Knowing this, I am happy to not be a slave to one company, their influence and aesthetic.

laugh.gif

Agreed. Expecting versatility at a high price point is not a sin. I find it incredibly hypocritical that there are are people attempting to refute this point, by suggesting that a perfomance shoe be such that and then only that. If that is indeed the case, why not go all the way? Simply make the shoe as ugly as possible, with the most undesirable of colorways imaginable. I am sure that the company, Nike, does value the aesthetic as much as the consumer. However, they hold the trump card by attaching the name of LeBron James, who has proven to be able to move questionable product, even at a very high price point.

Look, in principle, I totally agree with what you're saying, and I don't think it's a point that's debatable. If you're paying a premium price, you should be getting a great performance shoe that's versatile off the court too for what you like and how you like to wear them. 
But "off the court" appeal is totally up for debate/opinion/subjectivity. Why else would they make so many styles of basketball shoes with relatively similar tech in some of them? Because there's bound to be a big variety of opinions in terms of looks, and Nike as a company will want to be able to offer something for everybody to cast a wide net of potential customers. Hell I saw on NT the other day that somebody thought the Jordan XIs had absolutely no casual appeal, but a majority of people will tell you that's one of most iconic shoes because the use of patent leather makes them look awesome off the court.
And of course, putting a star player's name on the shoe will help sell it. Whether you actually like what they come up with, take that up with Nike or Petrie, but I'm sure creatively Petrie doesn't exactly want to put a similar design out there, even if it's popular, year after year after year. Part of making/having a memorable sig line is being able to do something different each year, and sometimes it's a hit with the majority, sometimes it ain't. What's "questionable" is up for debate.

lol people in this thread crack me up. So now Nike is releasing UGLY shoes on purpose! smh. You actually think nike thinks the shoes are ugly? We get that you all dont like the shoe, that doesnt mean that you should keep coming in here and letting us know every 10 mins! lololol

I cant wait until mine come in. Im rocking the crap out of them! How can you all be men and not know how to make a shoe that you buy look appealing?
smh

But "off the court" appeal is totally up for debate/opinion/subjectivity.

Agreed, but isn't that what we are doing?  What I do not understand is why is that not being understood, that people can examine a shoe, then not like it, nor wanting to try it, due to its looks and price point, regardless of the claims of performance, which in all actuality is subjective as well. Not all shoes will work for all people. Personally, I am at the point in my playing career that I can simply look at a performance shoe, then know that it is good or not good for me.

But this shoe is not what the LeBron line has been about. His shoes, the III and the 8 for me, had an off court flair as well, just like some of the shoes from both the Jordan and Penny line.

This shoe is a big swing and a miss for me and many others, from what I am reading. 

nice lace job on those. One of the few times I've seen someone make them look good casually and not screw it up by choking the laces up to the top loop and then tucking them inside the shoe.

I think the orange definitely has more pop, and is more attention getting, but personally I'd go with the blue.

But "off the court" appeal is totally up for debate/opinion/subjectivity.

Agreed, but isn't that what we are doing?  What I do not understand is why is that not being understood, that people can examine a shoe, then not like it, nor wanting to try it, due to its looks and price point, regardless of the claims of performance, which in all actuality is subjective as well. Not all shoes will work for all people. Personally, I am at the point in my playing career that I can simply look at a performance shoe, then know that it is good or not good for me.

But this shoe is not what the LeBron line has been about. His shoes, the III and the 8 for me, had an off court flair as well, just like some of the shoes from both the Jordan and Penny line.

This shoe is a big swing and a miss for me and many others, from what I am reading. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

It is a sig shoe....it has higher expectations from me then just performance.  I expect superior performance and off court appeal.  Yes it is entirely subjective but it does seem like the majority of people that are casual basketball player (like myself) need more for such a high price tag. 

Actually for me, it is not the actual laces, it is the lacing system. The asymmetrical system at the forefoot, gives the shoe a twisted, pigeon toed effect. That combined with the clover shaped ankle collar, does not allow the shoe to line up, fall correctly for off court wear. Performance wise, this may have an advantage, seeing that these may actually fit well, then being suited for people who actually use their shoes for their intended purpose, this may be great.

Funny thing is, other companies are putting out great shoes to play in, at a much lower price point. Knowing this, I am happy to not be a slave to one company, their influence and aesthetic.
QFT. The assymetrical lacing sticks out like a sore thumb but this can be countered by going with laces that are of the same colour as the upper. That said, the 'Chinas' look way better with blue laces.

When do the China's release in the US? Has there been a set release date and whats going to be the release type?

I'm hoping to not have to go through a big hassle for these.

Back
Top Bottom