:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I just bought some vintage Adidas and the black nubuck is cracking. The cracked pieces are staining the nearby white suede. What can I do aside from clean the suede over and over? Can I remove the nubuck? Cover it?

has anybody seen this before?...don't know if it's a stain or mold on the inside but it won't come off

It is a receipt stain, never leave the laser printed receipts in with your shoes. And nobody has found a successful method to remove that, everything has been tried. little success, but nobody has completely cleaned it up

Hard for me to tell from the default picture and for some reason, I can't expand it for a closer look, but it's probably one of two things:

1. You might have left it outside for too long, the typical recommendation is to leave it outside for 1hr or so, but it really depends on the temp/heat. The residue is from the left over salon care,retr0bright,etc. after it dried onto the sole because of the temp/heat.  You can typically get rid of this by just rinsing the sole with water. It should come off.

2. They may be chemical burns from the salon care, retr0bright,etc. Ever notice that if you leave Salon care,etc. on your skin accidentally, it starts to burn slightly? That's what's happening to the sole of the shoe and it may have become stained from the chemicals. This is kind of inevitable if you work with this stuff long enough. It makes sense now why they tell you to be careful with Hydrogen Peroxide in school...

Never seen anyone use plastic heel cups, is it just an insert? Mind posting a pic, it would give a better idea on how to help.
sorry....i think the right term is heel counter...just like those in melo m10

How do you guys clean Metallic Retro 5s? Using Jason Markk or a different method? Can't remember where the post was in this thread for that and I didn't see it under the search

Just picked up Lincoln ez cleaner and used it on my 2006 metallic 5's.
The shoe on the left is the clean shoe
It took away all the lint, removed light scuff marks and restored the color.. As You can see on the right shoe.. The black looks dull.. And the left shoe looks how it's suppose to

After I cleaned it.. The creases are also a lot less noticeable
Or if not go here and search one by one https://www.google.co.id/webhp?sour...eaker-care-maintenance-post-its-back metallic

good luck

@cubemaster  Couldn't remember what that stuff was. Thanks.

Still looking for a Jason Markk results pic since I have that already. Heard Windex works good too - will try and post results

I've been using this shoe cleaner product called ReDeadstock and it works very well with excellent results.  They have a great starter kit that includes the cleaner, brush and microfiber towel to get you started.  I used them to clean my bottom sole, midsoles and took out all the grime and dirt stains.  Give them a try if you are looking for a reliable shoe cleaner.  

What's up guys. I bought some pre-owened 2001 royals and had to do some restoring on them. First time I try to restore some kicks.

I de-yellowed the soles using angelus sole brite and exposing them to the sun for a whole afternoon. I did two sessions.

I stuffed the toe box with socks and placed a damp towel over them. I ironed out most of the creases. Might do another session later on.

And finally cleaned the uppers a bit with jason markk. I applied some zaino leather in a bottle i had laying around to add some moisture to the uppers. They turned out pretty nice. They'll be getting a lot of wear from me this summer.

has anybody seen this before?...don't know if it's a stain or mold on the inside but it won't come off
As others have said, it seems pretty tough to get out and a lot of people have tried and haven't had much luck. The only thing that has slightly worked to a degree with these receipt stains is rubbing it really tough with 100% pure acetone.

anyone knows how to treat cracked leather on AJ3 BC? can it be repainted?

sorry....i think the right term is heel counter...just like those in melo m10

Whatever you do just DONT use an OLD toothbrush. Walk around with your jays smellin like crest with mad germs on them. Just buy a toothbrush and dedicate it to cleaning shoes

Anyone know how to get these stains off my midsole? I got about 5 of these some same size and some smaller. Shoes came like this so I don't know what it's from and they sold out in my size.

I have some black cement 3s that the soles are like completely brown. Is there anyway I can turn it back to gray?
1cd6f863_IMG_6317.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like a receipt stain. I think a while back someone used a little of nail polish remover on it and some of it came off.

It is a receipt stain, never leave the laser printed receipts in with your shoes. And nobody has found a successful method to remove that, everything has been tried. little success, but nobody has completely cleaned it up

As others have said, it seems pretty tough to get out and a lot of people have tried and haven't had much luck. The only thing that has slightly worked to a degree with these receipt stains is rubbing it really tough with 100% pure acetone.

thanks for the info!...repped

Back
Top Bottom