:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Any tips on how to clean this white flyknit upper once it gets dirty? I'm debating on keeping these if it's not a hassle. Thx in advance.

I could have sworn when I put these on today they were flawless. I'm sure some of you are like me, and when we walk in these you walk extremely carefully. After a few hours of rocking these I came back home to clean and noticed this. It looks like a redish brown stain, almost like dried jelly. The thing is nothing seems to take it off and I've brushed this thing thoroughly for 5 minutes. Has anyone seen anything like this before or can recommend what to use to remove? I used a safety pin to see if I can pick out whatever it is, and I swear it almost looks as if its embedded or underneath the outer sole. If there is one place that can help me save these babies, it's Niketalk. Thanks in advance for any help and apologies if I did not post this in the proper forum. God knows, I know that's annoying as I run a music forum myself. Help me fellow sneakerheads.

I could have sworn when I put these on today they were flawless. I'm sure some of you are like me, and when we walk in these you walk extremely carefully. After a few hours of rocking these I came back home to clean and noticed this. It looks like a redish brown stain, almost like dried jelly. The thing is nothing seems to take it off and I've brushed this thing thoroughly for 5 minutes. Has anyone seen anything like this before or can recommend what to use to remove? I used a safety pin to see if I can pick out whatever it is, and I swear it almost looks as if its embedded or underneath the outer sole. If there is one place that can help me save these babies, it's Niketalk. Thanks in advance for any help and apologies if I did not post this in the proper forum. God knows, I know that's annoying as I run a music forum myself. Help me fellow sneakerheads.

I'd try the mint cleaner from foot locker on it

Thanks, I'll check it out. It seems as if it might be under the actual rubber sole so I would need a product that could possibly penetrate it. It's crazy, never seen this before on any of my Js.

I'm not familiar with that. I was gonna try the instant suede foam cleaner but was afraid that plastic brush would mess up the fabric. I will look into Jason Marx tho.

Do not use that hard plastic brush on the XXX.. Soft bristle brush only. Jm repel is a water repellant..If you want to clean them, use the cleaning solution by jm. But be careful

Hi guys, hope to get some help with this. My 7s cigar has some issues with paint. These are brand new but may be subjected to climate heat

Let me know if anyone has any advise on how to deal with this

Last edited:
Do not use that hard plastic brush on the XXX.. Soft bristle brush only. Jm repel is a water repellant..If you want to clean them, use the cleaning solution by jm. But be careful

Preciate d feedback. I may just treat this pair like my Concord XI and only wear on sunny days. Still waiting for darker CW's of the XXX to drop.

I used sole sauce and fixed the yellowing on the soles of my AJ11.
But the top is pretty dirty and dusty from years being on the shelf.
What do I use to clean them?  The Jason Markk brush seems to be too rough.
Should I use a tooth brush?

Last edited:
i have gone through 20 pages of this thread and i haven't found the answer so i hope someone can help, please. I just recently bought my first pair of AJ1KOs and I'd like to know what the best method is for cleaning the canvas upper?

Thanks in advance for your feedback! 

i have gone through 20 pages of this thread and i haven't found the answer so i hope someone can help, please. I just recently bought my first pair of AJ1KOs and I'd like to know what the best method is for cleaning the canvas upper?

Thanks in advance for your feedback! 
Lincoln EZ cleaner

Anybody hear know how I could get the shape back on my toro 5s?
How bad is it? Usually I just stuff the toebox with socks or shirts and let it sit for a couple of days.

Of course this isn't one of the best methods because while it gives you the shape, it stretches out the material a bit which you wouldn't want imo.

How bad is it? Usually I just stuff the toebox with socks or shirts and let it sit for a couple of days.

Of course this isn't one of the best methods because while it gives you the shape, it stretches out the material a bit which you wouldn't want imo.
Yeah, I've used that method with some shoes but I feel like it wouldnt work with these.

They just dont have that 5 shape anymore if you know what I mean? I may just not even **** with them haha

Def gonna get these soles right cause they are pissy. Should've start treating them before it ever got this far lmao

So, I have some new 4s that I wore once or twice. After I'm done wearing them I let em sit overnight and the next day I stuff the wooden thing (with paper stuffed under it) back into the toe box (that comes with new shoes). Is this a good way to help prevent creases or am I just making the material worse?

Also do you guys suggest force fields or sneakershields?

Thanks in advance for your help

So, I have some new 4s that I wore once or twice. After I'm done wearing them I let em sit overnight and the next day I stuff the wooden thing (with paper stuffed under it) back into the toe box (that comes with new shoes). Is this a good way to help prevent creases or am I just making the material worse?

Also do you guys suggest force fields or sneakershields?

Thanks in advance for your help
U cant prevent creases, its normal for leather to crease.

Back
Top Bottom