Once and for all, what's the deal with OG Black/Gold I's??

The OG Black/Gold I's are about as close as you get to a legend in the sneaker world. Their existence has beenconfirmed and refuted over the last few years, and even though a few blurry pics exist, with them comes no concrete info. Some say a pair sold for $100K (sorryif my figure is off) years ago.
I've kept a watch out for any info on these for a few years now and either no one knows anything about them or theOG "inner circle" is keeping pretty tight lipped. I bring this up now because a pair was recently put up for sale on eBay with a $198,500 BIN. The auction was ended quickly with no bids, further complicating things and adding to the mystery. Tothose in the know, please shed some light, it would be a great help in settling one of the biggest questions of early JB history

seller description from eBay auction:
THIS IS 1 OF THE RAREST SAMPLE'S EVER ,THERE WERE ONLY 20 PAIRS PRODUCED IN 1985 AND 5 WERE GIVEN TO COLLECTORS LEAVING 15 PAIRS FOR JORDANS FRIENDS AND FAMILY. THIS PAIR IS IN PRISTENE CONDITION LIKE IT JUST WAS RELEASED YESTERDAY. ITEMS COMES IN 1 OF THE RAREST BOXES ALSO . USUALLY ALL THE 1985 BOXES ARE BLACK WITH NIKE WRITTEN IN RED. EVEN COMES WITH WRAPPING PAPER ! IT IS SZ.9.5 U.S MENS! THERE IS NO SIGN OF CRACKING OR PEELING ,WHICH IS ALMOST A GAURANTEE WITH THE 1'S OR ANY JORDAN OVER 8-10 YRS. OLD.THIS ITEM IS FOR COLLECTING PURPOSES ,I DONT RECOMMEND TO WEAR THESE ,BUT JUST BY LOOKING AT THEM I WOULD THINK YOU COULD .

(pics from eBay auction)

M!ke

nerd.gif

Those are 100% F A K E

There could possibly be a couple, few or even a handful of pairs. And the owners probably aren't even NTers. They probably don't even know what NT or ashoe forum is.

ya the pair i own looks different those are deff fakes my dad bought me them off someguy for i think 53k he paid i got them in a vault right now..

lol sike naaa im just bord.. there hot though

the midsole looks awkward to me...

maybe its aging or how og's were made.

definitely
smokin.gif
if they are real...

They do look fake, impossible for them to be in that good of condition 24 years later. So nobody can confirm that these actually released?

They do look fake. The only black/gold AJ 1's I know about are the patent leather ones. If these are real however, this colorway would be
pimp.gif

Those are fake...

stitching looks cheap, wings logo looks too much to the front, heel cut looks more like recent retros than the OGs.

Black/gold 1s are def a mystery though. Ive only seen a few blury pics.

From what i remember about old topics brought up,

There are TWO pairs of Black And Gold OG 1s,

Ones like the ones pictured.

And the other pair with Gold behind the wings, like around the ankle.

And they both are EXTREMELY rare.

Even a HUGE collector was caught at a sneaker battle, with a pair of fakes of these.

Ive only seen pics of them scanned from a japanese magazine.

Never seen actual pics.

HUGEST Mystery of Nike/Brand Jordan

Originally Posted by s dubl

Those are fake...

stitching looks cheap, wings logo looks too much to the front, heel cut looks more like recent retros than the OGs.

Black/gold 1s are def a mystery though. Ive only seen a few blury pics.
thats the 1st thing i thought at 1st glance

Back
Top Bottom