Once and for all, what's the deal with OG Black/Gold I's??

i heard retiredjordans pair is fake

shoe is definitely a mystery , and the ones posted by OP are obviously fake

I literally laughed when I read the first post.
I laughed again when some fakes pictures were posted and claimed to be legit.
I laughed even harder when someone wanting to buy this pair for a girl after posting fakes picture.

Originally Posted by nine point five

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

this has bugged me for years
please shed some light someone
did anyone save those blurry pics?
here's everything I've got... (I save alotta pictures
wink.gif
)

*wonders aloud if "retiredjordans" was this prominent collector who was caught with fake I's*
Yes, the pair at the far end of this pic are fakes, & it was retiredjordans who had them. (^That is actually his picture, despite the tag!) I can't remember wich sneaker battle it was, but I remember he had to give his prizemoney back. ...I also believe it was the reason he was banned from NT! (but don't quote me on that!)

There was a thread about this on NT a few years back, which contained every bit of information there was about these Is. Unfortunately, I can't find itusing Yuku's crappy search system, (& it isn't in the Archive section either!) ...it wasn't actually a post about the Black/gold I ...it wassomething like "Calling all OG heads" or something!
grin.gif
(one ofthe best threads there has ever been on NT!)
The only people I can think of who will remember & might be able to dig up this thread are Ijapino orMeth!
nerd.gif

This is the list for all the high top Is that came out in '85 ...as you can see the Black/gold patents were a sample only.I don't know exactly how many pairs were made.

"1985 Air Jordan Hi"

A. Models in 1985 Nike Air Jordan Dealer Catalogue:

1) White Red Black
2) Black Red
3) Black Royal
4) Blk Soft Grey
5) White Natural (=Grey)
6) White Blue (White with Blue Trim)
7) White UNC Blue (White with UNC Blue Trim)
8.) White Black (White with Black Trim)
9) White Metallic Navy (YES, this was in the catalogue)

B. Models that were released, but were NOT in the 1985 Nike Air Jordan Dealer Catalogue:

10) White Metallic Green
11) White Metallic Maroon
12) White Metallic Purple
13) White Metallic Orange
14) White Metallic Black *
15) White Metallic Red
16) White Red Black Toe **

C. Models not released to the public / AJ 1 Samples / Prototypes:

17) White Purple Yellow (LA LAKER colors)
18.) Black Patent Gold
19) Black Soft Grey Reverse
20) White NON-Metallic Red
21) White NON-Metallic Orange ***
22) White NON-Metallic Maroon
23) White Blue Reverse ****

.D . Jordan 1 Variations (NOT Variants):

- Black Red with NO Wings logo, just the words 'Air Jordan' on the side *****
- White Red Black with Black bottoms (instead of Red bottoms)

Footnotes to the above:

* Was seen in the 1985 Nike Team Basketball shoes catalogoe.

Retired Jordans was banned from NT for scamming people, not owning fakes.

He scammed a lot of people by putting his shoes up for sale saying he was quitting the game.

He then didn't send the shoes.

He made off with thousands.

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

Retired Jordans was banned from NT for scamming people, not owning fakes.

He scammed a lot of people by putting his shoes up for sale saying he was quitting the game.

He then didn't send the shoes.

He made off with thousands.

That's right, thx for clearing that up ...(memory's not what it used to be
laugh.gif
)

The pics the OP put up are definitely fake. No way any shoe can be in that good of a condition after 25 years.

Originally Posted by Zach13g

here are some additional photo's not yet posted.

Can anyone confirm the authenticity of any of the 3 pairs in these pics..? Specifically that last pair on the bottom right with the gold ankle collar?
nerd.gif

thank you~

Originally Posted by trublu86

The pics the OP put up are definitely fake. No way any shoe can be in that good of a condition after 25 years.

oh really now, i saw a pair of DS purple metallics in france on ebay and iss perfect condition with box and everything for 5000BIN, look like they came out thestore 2day

I am at work so I can't look but I think there is a small picture of them in the Sole Provider book. Somewhere towards the back...I will look when I gethome.

Originally Posted by indohan

I literally laughed when I read the first post.
I laughed again when some fakes pictures were posted and claimed to be legit.
I laughed even harder when someone wanting to buy this pair for a girl after posting fakes picture.
Glad I could provide you with some entertainment this morning
indifferent.gif
And anyways smart guy I neverclaimed my pictures to be legit, did I? I think I made it pretty clear that I had no idea if legit pairs exist or which pairs are real and which aren't,but someone requested I post the pics, so I did... How about next time you post you actually contribute to the thread and drop some info instead of coming offlike a pretentious prick

M!ke

From what I've read in the past, the OGs were patent leather, which is why they were so rare, because patent wasn't used a lot back in 85....

ya the pair i own looks different those are deff fakes my dad bought me them off someguy for i think 53k he paid i got them in a vault right now..
^^^ You've got to be kidding....for shoes! wow......recession must not be hurting you very much then...53k??

nine point five -Here is the thread I was thinking about: AJKO'S AND OG 1'S WHOS GOT THE RAREST ONES?
Lol, it was in the sneaker showcase section, not the JB, which is why I couldn't find it (I was only a lurker back then!
nerd.gif
)
But it has pretty much all the known info there is about these Is.

Big ups to NTer MECKS who found it & PM'd me the link, Thx bro
wink.gif

....Like I said, this is one of the best threads on NT, I suggest all "newbies" read every single page!

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

nine point five -Here is the thread I was thinking about: AJKO'S AND OG 1'S WHOS GOT THE RAREST ONES?
Lol, it was in the sneaker showcase section, not the JB, which is why I couldn't find it (I was only a lurker back then!
nerd.gif
)
But it has pretty much all the known info there is about these Is.

Big ups to NTer MECKS who found it & PM'd me the link, Thx bro
wink.gif

....Like I said, this is one of the best threads on NT, I suggest all "newbies" read every single page!
Thanks for the link man but I'd actually been following that thread since about page 2, and it'swhere I got the little bit of information I do infact have about these.

M!ke

Back
Top Bottom