Oregon Football unveils NEW UNIFORMS! TONS of Pictures up!

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Not to mention these uni's are 25% lighter than the last ones. The technology integrated with the uni's will physically make the players faster with less to weigh them down.
No.

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Not to mention these uni's are 25% lighter than the last ones. The technology integrated with the uni's will physically make the players faster with less to weigh them down.
No.
okay? somebody wearing heavier clothes will run slower than somebody wearing lighter clothes.
according to your logic there's no reason for players to not run the 40 in sweats.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I wish Oregon would get it going, instead of relying ont he uniform gimmick. In the end, does it really matter. It seems the focus about Oregon football is which uni combo they will come up with, while the other team is focusing on stomping them.

Ironically, the programs that have been on top: LSU, Oklahoma, Florida....hell, even Ohio State, have had the same uniforms for years. You can call them classic, even traditional.
get what going exactly? expecting a school like oregon to compete year in year out with the likes of usc, florida, lsu is ridiculous since theydont have the built in advantages those schools have. they are doing just fine for the circumstances they are in.

and Tennessee has to do with Oregon not getting Pub out of this Uni drop?

I understand tho, U graspin for straws cus I just debunked ur "pub" POV.

+1 Kudo for you

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

and Tennessee has to do with Oregon not getting Pub out of this Uni drop?

I understand tho, U grabbin for straws cus I just debunked ur "pub" POV.

+1 Kudo for you
Yes, I'm "grabbin for straws"
I'm reaching when I say that Tennessee has received a lot of publicity this off-season, with most of it in a negative light. Repeated recruitingviolations, a loud-mouth coach who falsely accuses other coaches of wrong doing, and players leaving.
A reach indeed.

Go for it.

I like them. I'd be interested to see what uniforms they put the silver helmet with through the year.

Maybe ya'll could do like a fashion show, some purses to match, maybe a runway in London or something. It would be friggin sweet.

Face it, the program is a Nike want ad, nothing more. They don't give a damn about winning, they just don't want uncle Phil to take his money andleave. The second he dies and the money stops and all you have is a sexy lockeroom, that program is goin under and you'll never be heard from again. Sorry that you don't like what I'm saying, but I'm not a rival or yours, nor do I live on the other side of the country, I see all the newspapers,I listen to all the grads, I hear all the bs. If they wanted to win and that was all that mattered, they wouldn't stoop to 4800 different pants sets. They would kill themselves getting players, coaching players, developing players, bringing in players that make the NFL and have them work out with the newkids, teach the new kids, build a history etc etc.

They don't do that, they spend all their time buying PS3's for lockers, and deciding which top goes with which helmet. Lame. If you can't seethat, I don't know what to tell you guys.

No offense, but Funk Oregon, BYU, what're we doin here?

Your sig, what's.....what's up man? Family member at BYU is that it? Just cehckin is all, not questionin, just askin, no offense, no offense.

laugh.gif

again, what does Tennessee have to do with what about ur fashionista thread?

maybe my sig is throwin u off, pretend its not there

lets talk about how the uniforms arent winning u games and they arent getting u this 'pub" u think it is

other than thsi thread on NT and the Pacific Northwest region, this uniform drop is a NON story and is garnering ZERO publicity around the country

Originally Posted by CP1708

No offense, but Funk Oregon, BYU, what're we doin here?

Your sig, what's.....what's up man? Family member at BYU is that it? Just cehckin is all, not questionin, just askin, no offense, no offense.

laugh.gif
I grew up in Oregon, and call it home. I now live in Provo, UT and go to BYU.
Can't stand Eugene aside from the athletics.

Maybe ya'll could do like a fashion show, some purses to match, maybe a runway in London or something. It would be friggin sweet.

Face it, the program is a Nike want ad, nothing more. They don't give a damn about winning, they just don't want uncle Phil to take his money and leave. The second he dies and the money stops and all you have is a sexy lockeroom, that program is goin under and you'll never be heard from again. Sorry that you don't like what I'm saying, but I'm not a rival or yours, nor do I live on the other side of the country, I see all the newspapers, I listen to all the grads, I hear all the bs. If they wanted to win and that was all that mattered, they wouldn't stoop to 4800 different pants sets. They would kill themselves getting players, coaching players, developing players, bringing in players that make the NFL and have them work out with the new kids, teach the new kids, build a history etc etc.

They don't do that, they spend all their time buying PS3's for lockers, and deciding which top goes with which helmet. Lame. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you guys.
Oregon has 0 tradition so we have to find a way for us to standout from the other schools. Would I like us to have tradition like USC, Ohio Stetc? Obviously, but until we reach a level where we are constantly going to BCS games we need to be known for something and right now its innovation. The newuniforms are more than new uniforms it helps put us at the forefront of innovation and also gives more attention to our close relationship with Nike which isprobably our best recruting tool. Also uniforms believe it or not actually help with recruiting, its why Legarrete Blount came here.

P.S. I just talked to Jerimah Masloi in class and he says that Oregon will be rocking throwbacks against Cal
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bchimcuter

I wish Oregon would get it going, instead of relying ont he uniform gimmick. In the end, does it really matter. It seems the focus about Oregon football is which uni combo they will come up with, while the other team is focusing on stomping them.

Ironically, the programs that have been on top: LSU, Oklahoma, Florida....hell, even Ohio State, have had the same uniforms for years. You can call them classic, even traditional.
get what going exactly? expecting a school like oregon to compete year in year out with the likes of usc, florida, lsu is ridiculous since they dont have the built in advantages those schools have. they are doing just fine for the circumstances they are in.
"built in advantages"
laugh.gif

You are talking about Oregon as if they are a MAC school. As if they don't have the backing of one of the biggest boosters in the nation, NIKE. Oregonhas state of the art facilities, in fact they have better facilites than any team in the Pac 10. They probably have the best facilities in the nation. Theironly disadvantage is that they play in the Northwest, therefore they may not get the same exposure as other schools.

If Boise State can make BCS bowl games, there is no excuse for Oregon not to be making any, when they are in the same geographical recruiting area. Furthermore, Oregon plucks a lot of kids from California. Then again, they are no longer plucking the elite recruits from the state like they did at thebeginning of the decade. That was before Pete Carroll arrived, and also before Cal became a respectable program as well.

It has been a downward spiral since the conclusion of the 2005 season. I thought Oregon got robbed, and deserved a BCS berth, getting burned by Oklahoma inthe Holiday Bowl didn't help their argument though. 2006 was forgettable, and 2007 was looking good until Dennis Dixon went down. Hopefully, ending theseason on a high note (beating Oklahoma State) will finally propel Oregon to where they were at the beginning of the decade.

im not even an oregon fan but some of these posts are just ridiculous. who says that oregon isn't winning? 3 out of the last 4 years they've finishedin the top 25 along with two top 10 finishes. two years ago they were on track to compete for a nat'l title before dennis dixon and their other two qbswent down. not bad for a school from oregon, a state which basically produces 0 d1 prospects every year.

^
Winning is not regular season games.

Winning = titles.

You either win them, or you don't.

If you're happy winning in the regular season, then you don't matter in the grand scheme. Case closed, there is no argument or discussion.

Originally Posted by bchimcuter

get what going exactly? expecting a school like oregon to compete year in year out with the likes of usc, florida, lsu is ridiculous since they dont have the built in advantages those schools have. they are doing just fine for the circumstances they are in.
"built in advantages"
laugh.gif

You are talking about Oregon as if they are a MAC school. As if they don't have the backing of one of the biggest boosters in the nation, NIKE. Oregon has state of the art facilities, in fact they have better facilites than any team in the Pac 10. They probably have the best facilities in the nation. Their only disadvantage is that they play in the Northwest, therefore they may not get the same exposure as other schools.

If Boise State can make BCS bowl games, there is no excuse for Oregon not to be making any, when they are in the same geographical recruiting area. Furthermore, Oregon plucks a lot of kids from California. Then again, they are no longer plucking the elite recruits from the state like they did at the beginning of the decade. That was before Pete Carroll arrived, and also before Cal became a respectable program as well.

It has been a downward spiral since the conclusion of the 2005 season. I thought Oregon got robbed, and deserved a BCS berth, getting burned by Oklahoma in the Holiday Bowl didn't help their argument though. 2006 was forgettable, and 2007 was looking good until Dennis Dixon went down. Hopefully, ending the season on a high note (beating Oklahoma State) will finally propel Oregon to where they were at the beginning of the decade.
yes built in advantages. i wouldn't expect a usc fan to understand considering there are like 10 5 star recruits within 30 miles of campusevery year. tell me how may 5 star recuits were from oregon last year? you really think a school from oregon is gong to recruit year in year out with schoolsfrom texas, florida, la etc? facilities and boosters are nice but location will always be king.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

again, what does Tennessee have to do with what about ur fashionista thread?

maybe my sig is throwin u off, pretend its not there

lets talk about how the uniforms arent winning u games and they arent getting u this 'pub" u think it is

other than thsi thread on NT and the Pacific Northwest region, this uniform drop is a NON story and is garnering ZERO publicity around the country
http://myespn.go.com/blog...ly-still-old-school.html
http://www.nikeblog.com/2...ducks-football-uniforms/
http://rivals.yahoo.com/n...egon-ma?urn=ncaaf,172138

We went 10-3 last year man. That's more than a lot of teams can say. I don't claim that the uniforms make us the greatest team in the world and willmake us go undefeated every year.
As far as I'm concerned there isn't anything wrong with doing things like this, for publicity or not. If this offends you then I'm sorry.

I've never once said that Oregon is a better team because of the uniforms. I said that they're lighter and will help an athlete's performance on acount of being lighter and more water resistant. But I never said they're going to win them games, titles, or championships. If your opinion is that Oregonsucks, I can't change that. Different programs have different success. I think Oregon is starting to expect more and more from their teams year after year.There's no shame in having a little fun and doing some cool things to increase your brand recognition and marketability.

it doesnt offend me, Im all for it, the Black ed hardys are DOPE! but put it in its proper context.

this is a "thing" for the Duck Supporters and the Program. this aint creating a nationwide craze.

Originally Posted by Fecta23

Face it, the program is a Nike want ad, nothing more. They don't give a damn about winning, they just don't want uncle Phil to take his money and leave. The second he dies and the money stops and all you have is a sexy lockeroom, that program is goin under and you'll never be heard from again. Sorry that you don't like what I'm saying, but I'm not a rival or yours, nor do I live on the other side of the country, I see all the newspapers, I listen to all the grads, I hear all the bs. If they wanted to win and that was all that mattered, they wouldn't stoop to 4800 different pants sets. They would kill themselves getting players, coaching players, developing players, bringing in players that make the NFL and have them work out with the new kids, teach the new kids, build a history etc etc.

They don't do that, they spend all their time buying PS3's for lockers, and deciding which top goes with which helmet. Lame. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you guys.
Oregon has 0 tradition so we have to find a way for us to standout from the other schools. Would I like us to have tradition like USC, Ohio St etc? Obviously, but until we reach a level where we are constantly going to BCS games we need to be known for something and right now its innovation. The new uniforms are more than new uniforms it helps put us at the forefront of innovation and also gives more attention to our close relationship with Nike which is probably our best recruting tool. Also uniforms believe it or not actually help with recruiting, its why Legarrete Blount came here.

P.S. I just talked to Jeremiah Masoli in class and he says that Oregon will be rocking throwbacks against Cal
pimp.gif
I heard something to this extent. Should be interesting
pimp.gif

5003_93959514705_45710364705_1792284_3886517_n.jpg

feelin these and the green/white away

I had morning class with TJ, he was pissed off all morning, now I know why

The silver ones with the carbon fiber helmet are crack. That said, I remember how much of an uproar there was when Ohio St. changed the striping on theirsleeves. Two completely different programs..obviously.

Originally Posted by IYE2

The silver ones with the carbon fiber helmet are crack. That said, I remember how much of an uproar there was when Ohio St. changed the striping on their sleeves. Two completely different programs..obviously.
roll.gif

Crazy how different some places are. Good ole Columbus, great place.

Back
Top Bottom