Out of work rappers vol. back to da block

A lot of low key random animosity and salt ...the average rapper works a job while he's on, especially in this climate. Internet rappers hold regular jobs. Some of these rappers are business savvy too. They promote parties using their connections, the average party promoter isn't taking home less that 3K a party. Even at hole in the wall joints with 200 max capacity. Multiply 200 x 25 that's 5K ...after he pays staff and promo that's about 3K left over. So imagine HUGE clubs with D list rappers on the flyer filled with dopeboys.

Sasha Go Hard works at a bike shop in Chicago for an example. Rapping is just what she likes to do.

Maybe it's just me but the first couple of replies I seem like displaced animosity because they're making a living doing what they wanna do and you stuck in the Matrix trying to prove your self-worth to people that don't matter. I don't want to see anyone fall from grace, that's just not in my nature. Weak jealous docile cowards live like that.

NBA Hall of Famer Adrian Dantley became a crossing guard just so he could have health benefits!

the interview i saw, he said he did it for the kids, just to give back. i think he's far from broke.

Athletes too.

I see Allen Iverson all the time around the city and every time i do i just :smh:, like at one point this dude was on top of the world, wth happened

sad story honestly. dude had no guidance as a kid, and look what he's become :smh:
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-04-19/sports/38666036_1_allen-iverson-sixers-nba-s

Stagga Lee
J hood
Peedi Crack
Smitty
Crime Mob
JT Money
I-20
Dem Franchize Boyz
peedi was just at a roc reunion show wit bleek, young gunz, and freeway.

I20 is luda's weed carrier, you see him all da time when he goes to games or does club appearances.

Last edited:
I see Allen Iverson all the time around the city and every time i do i just :smh:, like at one point this dude was on top of the world, wth happened
seen him in lenox not too long ago but people around my way posted pics on instagram chilling with fabo at a nail salon :lol:

Last edited:
A lot of low key random animosity and salt ...the average rapper works a job while he's on, especially in this climate. Internet rappers hold regular jobs. Some of these rappers are business savvy too. They promote parties using their connections, the average party promoter isn't taking home less that 3K a party. Even at hole in the wall joints with 200 max capacity. Multiply 200 x 25 that's 5K ...after he pays staff and promo that's about 3K left over. So imagine HUGE clubs with D list rappers on the flyer filled with dopeboys.

Sasha Go Hard works at a bike shop in Chicago for an example. Rapping is just what she likes to do.

Maybe it's just me but the first couple of replies I seem like displaced animosity because they're making a living doing what they wanna do and you stuck in the Matrix trying to prove your self-worth to people that don't matter. I don't want to see anyone fall from grace, that's just not in my nature. Weak jealous docile cowards live like that.

lol calm down guy...........i dont really sense that from anybody. more like wonderin where ol friend you lost touch with been up too. barber shop talk really

"like damn............i aint seen ________ in a while man, you heard from em?,..... son use to stay with a new whip."

ninja how ya boy jr writer these days?

Last edited:
Some of the names y'all listed... :wow: :lol:. Yeah, Nomad, I don't know where you got that from. You're slightly off base man.

Last edited:
What happened to richie rich and Danny boy

The luniz

Digital underground

Hot rod( gunit)

Spyder loc

The pharcyde

Black sheep
Az

Cormega

SMilez and south star

The whole damn flip mode squad

Leaders of the new school( except busta)

Magoo
touring.

and bow wow host 106 and park...noreaga just dropped a album.
:lol: at Noreaga just dropped an ablum.....ohhh ok.

See, there you go Al Audi, older rapper still put out stuff, but the marketing machine has changed so they have to go the indie route and tour constantly. But this is thread is for those lesser know rappers.

Like most, I often wonder as well. Like, what is Young Jock up to? Rich Boy?
Last I heard of Young joc was suing diddy on them notorious contracts that man is know for putting together
Sir mix a lot
Young mc
Mc eiht
Whoever said hitman( his verse on light speed and big egos') were hard as hell

Just read an interview with Treach...and dude was saying that Naughty still performs regularly, but he also went in on Vinny pretty much throughout the interview. So even after a decade or so of not really being relevant in the current market, I'm assuming show money can keep certain rapper's/groups afloat. 

But if not for the show money. I wouldn't put it past many who failed in the rap game monetarily to be right back hustling. 

Most of the rapper's never looked beyond the studio because they came up so young and it was fast money, and sadly most don't have any type of education to fall back on. So while dudes are being sold dreams, there is a whole side to it that is overlooked. The not so glamorous side so to speak. 

I saw Naughty By Nature peform at a bar in Killington, VT years ago. Not sure what that means, but they are still out there in some capacity.

Back
Top Bottom