Out of work rappers vol. back to da block

I heard Onyx tours overseas and gets top dollar. The thing about some of these rappers is if we don't hear anything about them in the US we automatically assume they in a dungeon somewhere hurting. They getting money outside the US where they are loved and appreciated. Out here, if someone takes a break for a year or more, all of a sudden they are a hasbeen.

Rich Boy dropped a tape recently

Amil was at a Kmart :Lol

Pastor Troy still tours in those small hood clubs. He has mad albums underground.

What ever happened to Trick Daddy?

View media item 410000
:wow:

E1 music use to be KOCH records right?

nore getting that indy money he dont gotta sell much

most these dudes who been fell off actually seem to have twitter/instagram fans who still support so yea they still on the road eatin

Yep. And Neptunes beats never came cheap. He is STILL clocking studio time with them. Gotta be doing something right. not just a "loyalty" thing.

At whoever said Sir Mix, last I heard he still works in the music biz and is still raking in cash off Baby Got Back.

Anyone remember Miracle? I remember dude performed bounce bounce if you with me on Jenny Jones or one of them shows back then

Last edited:
As Ninja said, Europe is like a time machine for washed up rappers. I was at a small event, here, where Willie D (member of the Geto Boyz) explained that he moved to England for years because they would book him for shows out there and loved him. Keep in mind, Willie D is probably one of the worst rappers in America; nearly got kicked out the booth on Tha Bassment. He was saying that a lot of major artists (e.g. 50 Cent) will blow off shows out there when they're hot so it's easier for a rapper of his caliber to get gigs because he'll actually show up and build rapport with the promoters.

Lots of club appearances aren't as sweet once your fame dies down. If you're working with a promoter worth a grain of salt, they're going to want to offer a flat appearance fee. Artists who aren't known for partying or drawing a big crowd aren't going to get the big money. For example, a guy here paid The Situation something like $15K, but Nick Cannon was willing to do one for $3K.

A lot of artists can move back to the hood, drive a used Charger/300c, dress modestly, fade into relative obscurity and live off whatever they accumulate until they die or go to prison. A lot of artists try the club/bar idea somebody mentioned earlier... if you want to see how well that does not work, look at Mike Jones. Club Ice Age flopped faster than Vlade Divac in the playoffs, and the repo man went HAM.

I was on vacation 2 weeks ago in NY and saw ice t driving a brand new Austin Martin with coco. It's safe to say homie is excluded from this conversation. He's always been smart with his money.

This....dudes been gettin broadcast tv $ for years, surprised no one mentioned NY undercover

Rich Boy dropped a tape recently

Amil was at a Kmart :Lol

Pastor Troy still tours in those small hood clubs. He has mad albums underground.

What ever happened to Trick Daddy?

I heard it was Target.

:lol: then again, could have been all 3

if they have a hit song or album they do the small/local club tour scene...a few of em who was really in the streets might dabble in some illegal activities..then you got ghostwriting, throwing/hosting/promoting parties in their city, and other random ****

Well mike jones is doing bad down here in houston just like lil flip( j.prince truly does run this city lol)
I really tryin to find info in bush wick bill doe, always wish ghetto boys would do a reunion but that's just like asking for outkast to do another record
Edit: sir mix a lot still getting residuals off baby got back, damn I just need one hit, lol

Well mike jones is doing bad down here in houston just like lil flip( j.prince truly does run this city lol)
I really tryin to find info in bush wick bill doe, always wish ghetto boys would do a reunion but that's just like asking for outkast to do another record
Edit: sir mix a lot still getting residuals off baby got back, damn I just need one hit, lol

Word, I think about this all the damb time. Like what is Wyclef Jean doing at this very moment in time? You think he's sleeping in bed, wondering where his next buck is gonna come from?

G-Depp
Trick Daddy
Jin
Ja-Rule
All the Ruff Ryders, including DMX
Everybody from Flip Mode Squad
Petey Pablo
Paul Wall
Nappy Roots

There's a million I can't think of off the top of my head but I always wonder what the hell they do, cause you know damn well they aint working a 9-5 at the local burgerking

G dep in prison for admitting to a murder
Paul wall had that lipo surgery but still has his jewelry business( that just got robbed here in houston)

I really tryin to find info in bush wick bill doe,always wish ghetto boys would do a reunionn but that's just like asking for outkast to do another record

They did a show here in San Antonio not to long ago

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom