People really rocking the T-Skirts?

Ok fam you got it wearing a long shirt & a womens dress along with makeup and wigs & acting like a female is the same thing :rolleyes

Only a year into his career and already Rocky feels like he's inspired change, especially when it comes to hip-hop's rugged dress code. "When I see dudes wearing high-end designers that they weren't wearing a year ago and rips in their jeans and gold teeth and these nappy braids and stuff I just look at it like we're doing something right," he said. "I really like the fact that the urban community has accepted high-end fashion."---ASAP ROXY

This is what dude is proud of, this is his major accomplishment in life, allowing black men to wear skirts and getting the urban community to buy high end fashion that they really can't afford. Ridiculous. Which one of ya'lls favorite rappers promotes college level education and immediate sacrifice for long term gain, both spiritually and financially?

Only a year into his career and already Rocky feels like he's inspired change, especially when it comes to hip-hop's rugged dress code. "When I see dudes wearing high-end designers that they weren't wearing a year ago and rips in their jeans and gold teeth and these nappy braids and stuff I just look at it like we're doing something right," he said. "I really like the fact that the urban community has accepted high-end fashion."---ASAP ROXY

This is what dude is proud of, this is his major accomplishment in life, allowing black men to wear skirts and getting the urban community to buy high end fashion that they really can't afford. Ridiculous. Which one of ya'lls favorite rappers promotes college level education and immediate sacrifice for long term gain, both spiritually and financially?

NOBODY will support a rapper that promotes college education and positive things, NOBODY.

the general public likes drama, ignorance, violence, sex, these are the things that sell, you really cant blame artists.

i mean look at how rich WE made these Jersey Shore idiots, these dudes with the exception of Pauly D would probably be serving us french fries at Deny's if it wasnt for america's obsession with ignorance.

NOBODY will support a rapper that promotes college education and positive things, NOBODY.

the general public likes drama, ignorance, violence, sex, these are the things that sell, you really cant blame artists.

i mean look at how rich WE made these Jersey Shore idiots, these dudes with the exception of Pauly D would probably be serving us french fries at Deny's if it wasnt for america's obsession with ignorance.

Agreed. I don't support any of it, though. Certainly not ASAP Roxy or Jersey Shore. And let's not try to act like these dudes are doing something good for mankind or advancing the black community in any way(you might not feel that way, but some others here have stated as much) My whole issue with the dress thing is, if a rapper can get some of these guys wearing dresses and pantyhose, what else could he make them do?

Last edited:

That's generalizing. There are rappers out there that promote positive things. Mainstream or general public just don't bother with em. Will smith wasn't talking bout bad ish bk in the day.

Everything else I can agree w

Agreed. I don't support any of it, though. Certainly not ASAP Roxy or Jersey Shore. And let's not try to act like these dudes are doing something good for mankind or advancing the black community in any way(you might not feel that way, but some others here have stated as much) My whole issue with the dress thing is, if a rapper can get some of these guys wearing dresses and pantyhose, what else could he make them do?

these rappers are a huge influence, thing is alot of them are "slaves" to a high fashion, they are just like the people following them, except they have the money to attend all these fashion shows in Paris and be high end hypebeast, constantly trying to shock the world....they got the money to purchase these pieces, that seriously are never meant to leave the runway, wear them as a stage costume and bam!....here come the average joes who cant really afford it, getting into debt or blowing their savings for the latest look, an 800$ givenchy tee shirt with a shark on it or some other crap they would have never thought of weaing had Ye not *****d the crap out of it in the WTT tour.

high end designers have rappers by the balls, rappers got everyone else by the balls.

nike execs have rappers by the balls, rappers have HYPE by the balls.

You went wrong when you started looking for rappers who come from a ****** up cycle in the first place to fix the ills of society. Your government doesnt get pressured to do it but you want a group of 20 Yr olds to do it?

these rappers are a huge influence, thing is alot of them are "slaves" to a high fashion, they are just like the people following them, except they have the money to attend all these fashion shows in Paris and be high end hypebeast, constantly trying to shock the world....they got the money to purchase these pieces, that seriously are never meant to leave the runway, wear them as a stage costume and bam!....here come the average joes who cant really afford it, getting into debt or blowing their savings for the latest look, an 800$ givenchy tee shirt with a shark on it or some other crap they would have never thought of weaing had Ye not *****d the crap out of it in the WTT tour.

high end designers have rappers by the balls, rappers got everyone else by the balls.

nike execs have rappers by the balls, rappers have HYPE by the balls.

Yep, so really the most nonconformist type of individual is the one who is still wearing baggy jeans or whatever he likes, and not following rappers or supporting these new trends.

That's generalizing. There are rappers out there that promote positive things. Mainstream or general public just don't bother with em. Will smith wasn't talking bout bad ish bk in the day.

Everything else I can agree w

Will smith was a rapper in a different era and his bread and butter wasnt music, so he could afford the risk, you think someone like ASAP who just got his break can afford to stand against the norm and risk floppin??...nah man....would you take that risk in his position?

btw the fact that snookie was getting paid to be a speaker at a university graduation some 25k while people faarrrrrrrrrrrrr more qualified dont even get a third of that, goes to show, yes its a geralization, but is the perfect genralization of american culture.

Yep, so really the most nonconformist type of individual is the one who is still wearing baggy jeans or whatever he likes, and not following rappers or supporting these new trends.

i think the whole baggy era is just as silly as this "t-skirt" fad

both look like costumes and some sort of hood label.

i think the whole baggy era is just as silly as this "t-skirt" fad

both look like costumes and some sort of hood label.

People were rockin baggy clothes for about 20 years though. Lotta cats on here were rockin the hell out of baggy clothes a few years ago and now are wearing nut huggers. Lotta people still wear em because they are comfortable and they don't care if they are on the forefront of fashion or look like their favorite rapper. At least we agree that tskirts are a silly fad, just like tall tees to the knees were.

Last edited:
People were rockin baggy clothes for about 20 years though. Lotta cats on here were rockin the hell out of baggy clothes a few years ago and now are wearing nut huggers. Lotta people still wear em because they are comfortable and they don't care if they are on the forefront of fashion or look like their favorite rapper. At least we agree that tskirts are a silly fad, just like tall tees to the knees were.

i just think you become a victim of your environment, as the years pass you make the choice of moving forward or staying stuck, alot of dudes who still rock with the size 38 jeans when you are clearly a 30, and 2xl tees when clearly you are a medium are dudes who refuse to let go of that hood mentality these clothes once represented, they grew up on them and are now approaching 30 and dont feel comfortable in anything else probably because life didnt take them anywhere that dressing like that would make them feel like an oddball or have people look at them sideways and women clutching their purses, they stayed in their respective hoods where they grew up dressed that way and it was and still is perfectly acceptable....me personally i grew up in the bronx (east tremont) i rocked the extra baggy clothes up until i say 2003....this is when i started slowly to buy more fitted clothes, it just felt right, now i dont wear skintight pants, but i dress fairly fitted, jeans my size and shirts my size, i moved out of the environment i grew up in, got a job where image is important, eventhough i wear scrubs, the scrubs have to be my size and not scrubs that 3 times my size, which is what i wore going to school back in 02' and trust me i was looked at as a damb thug and it actually cost me job opportunities, the way i dressed was affecting my chances to succeed in life....so i had to make my choice back then.

going into the comfort thing, i cant possibly understand how its more comfortable to rock a pair of jeans 3 times your size, falling off your ***, dragging up under your kicks, then a pair of nicely fitted jeans you probably dont even need a belt to keep up.

Last edited:

i just think you become a victim of your environment, as the years pass you make the choice of moving forward or staying stuck, alot of dudes who still rock with the size 38 jeans when you are clearly a 30, and 2xl tees when clearly you are a medium are dudes who refuse to let go of that hood mentality these clothes once represented, they grew up on them and are now approaching 30 and dont feel comfortable in anything else probably because life didnt take them anywhere that dressing like that would make them feel like an oddball or have people look at them sideways and women clutching their purses, they stayed in their respective hoods where they grew up dressed that way and it was and still is perfectly acceptable....me personally i grew up in the bronx (east tremont) i rocked the extra baggy clothes up until i say 2003....this is when i started slowly to buy more fitted clothes, it just felt right, now i dont wear skintight pants, but i dress fairly fitted, jeans my size and shirts my size, i moved out of the environment i grew up in, got a job where image is important, eventhough i wear scrubs, the scrubs have to be my size and not scrubs that 3 times my size, which is what i wore going to school back in 02' and trust me i was looked at as a damb thug and it actually cost me job opportunities, the way i dressed was affecting my chances to succeed in life....so i had to make my choice back then.

going into the comfort thing, i cant possibly understand how its more comfortable to rock a pair of jeans 3 times your size, falling off your ***, dragging up under your kicks, then a pair of nicely fitted jeans you probably dont even need a belt to keep up.

There is a comfortable medium between falling off the ***, and constricting sperm count. I am sure you will agree that wearing a dress or pantyhose would not help your career any more than a hoody and huge jeans would. I think that as we get older, we realize that the clothes do not make the man. A tuxedo is still an article of clothing meant for a male, and a skirt and pantyhose is still meant for a woman, according to our current society.

Saw some dude with a skirt on at the mall today smdh. The ghetto mall too.

And he was by himself, like those dudes that go into every shoe/clothing store to "look" but theyre just tryn to flex.

This BuLL$|-|•÷ has trickled down to the south :smh:

I thought maybe MIA but not NCSC.

Saw some dude with a skirt on at the mall today smdh. The ghetto mall too.

And he was by himself, like those dudes that go into every shoe/clothing store to "look" but theyre just tryn to flex.

This BuLL$|-|•÷ has trickled down to the south :smh:

I thought maybe MIA but not NCSC.

Anton Lavey sighting. :nerd:

There is a comfortable medium between falling off the ***, and constricting sperm count. I am sure you will agree that wearing a dress or pantyhose would not help your career any more than a hoody and huge jeans would. I think that as we get older, we realize that the clothes do not make the man. A tuxedo is still an article of clothing meant for a male, and a skirt and pantyhose is still meant for a woman, according to our current society.

yup and here is where i feel this thread is silly, simply because for the most part people are discussing EXTREMES for the sake of arguing.

take that picture posted of proto, is that any worst than a grown man dressing like this?

View media item 243561
i mean homie has tee shirt with probably some corny immature nike slogan, i dont even know if to call those shorts or capris, ill give him a pass on the kicks, but them joints fugly....tbh i wouldnt even dress my kid like this.

yup and here is where i feel this thread is silly, simply because for the most part people are discussing EXTREMES for the sake of arguing.

take that picture posted of proto, is that any worst than a grown man dressing like this?

View media item 243561
i mean homie has tee shirt with probably some corny immature nike slogan, i dont even know if to call those shorts or capris, ill give him a pass on the kicks, but them joints fugly....tbh i wouldnt even dress my kid like this.

I guess it depends on the situation, I know that most people would question the sexuality of a man wearing a skirt, more than a man wearing some huge shorts and a tee shirt. I don't personally think there's anything wrong with what Camron is wearing, nor do I think there is anything wrong with that pic you posted of Kanye, but skirts and pantyhose is where I draw the line on something being feminine.

no the pic of Proto is wrong cause that man pursed his lips and showed cleavage.

Back
Top Bottom