Personal Must haves

Originally Posted by Sneak King

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
enigma586 wrote:

Ok you dudes talk all the time about how you can't understand how kids that have never seen mike play can have any connection to the shoes. But now your telling me there's no shoes you need because of the moment(s) that came with them. No wht/cements because of the 88' slam dunk contest, no Blk/Red 12s because of game 5 97' finals. What happen to nostalgia.

And no i'm not a hype beast, I don't like the 14s but every time i look at those shoes i can't help but smile. They bring back so many memories. I just assumed has a Jordan Collector, you would be a Jordan fan and has a Jordan fan there are certain shoes that bring back great memories that pretty much all Jordan fans share.....guess not. And yes i understand for some it's nostalgia of another kind first pair, picked up the hottest chick in school, saw my first N'sync concert whatever.
OFT homie! Way to throw it back in these dudes face!...NT can be the most "helpful-non-helpful" sneaker forum in the world. Nobody wants to be helpful on here anymore...Only want to talk +#+%. As for Must haves...Try collecting some OG's or 2004 or prior retro's...That's where the goodness is. As for a particular shoe...OG Columbia XI's
pimp.gif

So what your basically saying is I need to buy a pair of sneakers because MJ scored x amount of points in them?

He won x amount of Championships/MVP...

$*+
indifferent.gif

I'm not gonna buy some sneakers i do not like and just because of liking MJ.

Im going to buy some sneakers I like and not because of nostalgia.

Ya dudes make the stupiedest threads ever.

/Thread.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
enigma586 wrote:

Ok you dudes talk all the time about how you can't understand how kids that have never seen mike play can have any connection to the shoes. But now your telling me there's no shoes you need because of the moment(s) that came with them. No wht/cements because of the 88' slam dunk contest, no Blk/Red 12s because of game 5 97' finals. What happen to nostalgia.

And no i'm not a hype beast, I don't like the 14s but every time i look at those shoes i can't help but smile. They bring back so many memories. I just assumed has a Jordan Collector, you would be a Jordan fan and has a Jordan fan there are certain shoes that bring back great memories that pretty much all Jordan fans share.....guess not. And yes i understand for some it's nostalgia of another kind first pair, picked up the hottest chick in school, saw my first N'sync concert whatever.
OFT homie! Way to throw it back in these dudes face!...NT can be the most "helpful-non-helpful" sneaker forum in the world. Nobody wants to be helpful on here anymore...Only want to talk +#+%. As for Must haves...Try collecting some OG's or 2004 or prior retro's...That's where the goodness is. As for a particular shoe...OG Columbia XI's
pimp.gif

So what your basically saying is I need to buy a pair of sneakers because MJ scored x amount of points in them?

$*+
indifferent.gif

/Thread.

Originally Posted by Adi934LiiFe

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
enigma586 wrote:

pimp.gif

$*+
indifferent.gif

/Thread.
i never said you had to dislike the shoe, you can love the shoe and love it more bc you actually remember watching  MJ win a championship in them. A lot of ppl on here talk about shoe X  isn't as popular as shoe Y because Mike never played in them or about the Legacy of the shoes. I've even read ppl say they planned on passing their collection down to their son. What's the story that your going to tell your kid as you pass on the kicks " Here son, I want you to have these Air Jordan concord XIs. Daddy got his first piece of A__ in these, enjoy". Is that the Legacy you all talk about so much? That's what y'all are basically telling me, non of it matters. so who cares if MJ played in them, who cares what he did in the shoes,hell who cares that MJ ever played at all. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
enigma586 wrote:

pimp.gif

$*+
indifferent.gif

/Thread.
i never said you had to dislike the shoe, you can love the shoe and love it more bc you actually remember watching  MJ win a championship in them. A lot of ppl on here talk about shoe X  isn't as popular as shoe Y because Mike never played in them or about the Legacy of the shoes. I've even read ppl say they planned on passing their collection down to their son. What's the story that your going to tell your kid as you pass on the kicks " Here son, I want you to have these Air Jordan concord XIs. Daddy got his first piece of A__ in these, enjoy". Is that the Legacy you all talk about so much? That's what y'all are basically telling me, non of it matters. so who cares if MJ played in them, who cares what he did in the shoes,hell who cares that MJ ever played at all. 

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

"Must haves" for me are collecting 1-23 in original colors ONLY. I managed to accomplish that feat earlier in the year. I told myself that in order for me to have a jordan collection worth respecting then i need to obtain atleast 1 model in a original colorway. So i got rid of all my retro+ colorways.

That's what i'm talking about. I know a few ppl that are trying to get atleast 1 pair or every sig in an OG colorway. Congrads on your accomplishment 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

"Must haves" for me are collecting 1-23 in original colors ONLY. I managed to accomplish that feat earlier in the year. I told myself that in order for me to have a jordan collection worth respecting then i need to obtain atleast 1 model in a original colorway. So i got rid of all my retro+ colorways.

That's what i'm talking about. I know a few ppl that are trying to get atleast 1 pair or every sig in an OG colorway. Congrads on your accomplishment 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This.

All though a lot of the shoes I buy are for nostalgic reasons, not so much for the memories of Mike wearing them but the memories of me wearing them.

This thread should have been a "personal must have". Different ppl have different reasons for having to have a specific shoe.

With that said my personal must haves are white/cement III's, black/cement IV's and white/red XIV's.. Till the day I die I will need at least one pair of of each of those shoes in my rotation.

This.

All though a lot of the shoes I buy are for nostalgic reasons, not so much for the memories of Mike wearing them but the memories of me wearing them.

This thread should have been a "personal must have". Different ppl have different reasons for having to have a specific shoe.

With that said my personal must haves are white/cement III's, black/cement IV's and white/red XIV's.. Till the day I die I will need at least one pair of of each of those shoes in my rotation.

Nothing.

Buy/Collect what you want.

I'm not gonna cop some sneakers because someone says they are "Must Haves" if i don't like them.

Nothing.

I'm not gonna cop some sneakers because someone says they are "Must Haves" if i don't like them.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Black Cement III's, Black/red IV's, Any OG cw V, Carmine VI, Hare VII, Aqua VIII, Black/white/red IX, Steel X's, Black/Red XI, Black/red XII, Flint XIII, Black/red XVI, are all must have's IMO.

Black Cement III's, Black/red IV's, Any OG cw V, Carmine VI, Hare VII, Aqua VIII, Black/white/red IX, Steel X's, Black/Red XI, Black/red XII, Flint XIII, Black/red XVI, are all must have's IMO.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
enigma586 wrote:

pimp.gif

$*+
indifferent.gif

/Thread.

Da context of da shoes da only reason they special....If its not a OG colorway I wont even bother...

Back
Top Bottom