Pictures of NYC in the 80's

I drove for 15 minutes to get to queens. It took me 15 seconds to make a post.

Don't get so defensive fam. Control the Queens in you.

queens chicks will give da da box smooth, its so dead out there they smash outta boredom.

watch out for those jackson heights colombian broads though, they will clean you outta house and home..broads were pioneers

of getting your body done.

ive never felt unsafe in NY

ive felt more uncomfortable in hartford and new haven

dead srs

im headed to hempstead an NYC tomorrow matter fact

Last edited:
ive never felt unsafe in NY

ive felt more uncomfortable in hartford and new haven

dead srs

im headed to hempstead an NYC tomorrow matter fact

x2. Sorta.

I've only felt very uncomfortable in Buffalo and Newburgh. Those are REAL hoods.

My pops had his whip stolen and never got it back. Next whip he had, it got broken into 3x for his radio :lol:

as a kid, NYC was gritty in the late 80's and 90's. I do not miss those days at all.

I drove for 15 minutes to get to queens. It took me 15 seconds to make a post.

Don't get so defensive fam. Control the Queens in you.
it took you 15 min to drive from uptown to queens to sit in the corner at a club and post about men being soft while women with their *** cheeks hanging out were walking by you?

uptown ******, you cosigning this weirdo?

fix your wrist first then respond.

Last edited:
Beautiful in pics but don't miss the 80's at all. Give me the Highline, Dumbo & the brainless models in Meatpacking district. Born 1979 in the Heights, toughest part was being stuck watching Woody Woodpecker & WWF as the only time I could play on the streets was when the PAL (Police Athletic League) shut down the block & the drug dealers dispersed. Way worst than The Wire, it was 20 drug dealers on 1 block swarming every car with NJ plates. Grateful my mom was smart enough to escape & headed over the river to the NJ suburbs. 2013, now that I live in one of the wealthiest counties, I feel surrounded by even more drugs, the suburban youths are hooked on coke, pop pills & when the money dries then it's heroin. The insatiable North American nose.

there was still grace behind all the grime, from a different generation

View media item 660609
View media item 660619

Last edited:
Some of these photos look like they came from my family album, lol. I have heard countless stories from all my family members when they were growing up in NYC, specifically about Brownsville and East New York Brooklyn. From my Pops and uncles being part of the Guardian Angels(I still see them in the Bronx, from time to time), to being typical people from an 80's crime movie lmao. I had the pleasure of being born and raised in East New York and it has made me who I am today.

Most cities in the US back then were horrible, glad most of em got better ......the fashion and style in the pics tho :pimp:

Most cities in the US back then were horrible, glad most of em got better ......the fashion and style in the pics tho :pimp:
I wonder why though? As far as NYC, I understand it was due to funding of the city from the late 70's and 80's as well as the crack epidemic. I'm from the DMV area and I wonder why DC was so bad as well in the 80's.

some of these pics are 
pimp.gif

article-2497751-1950C03B00000578-972_964x634.jpg

article-2497751-1950BECC00000578-212_964x632.jpg

article-2497751-1950BBFA00000578-631_964x636.jpg

article-2497751-1950D2B200000578-449_964x643.jpg

Look how much of a dump SoHo used to be. Now they charging a mil+ for condos.

some of these pics are 
pimp.gif

article-2497751-1950D2B200000578-449_964x643.jpg
This is still very common use to see this everyday when i was down in tribeca going to school.

Kids would spend more time with these woman rather than there parents. Kids would legit love these woman

Parents must be caked though paying them damn near year round

Last edited:
SoHo was so ugly when I was a kid. Not many places in the city you can say look like a dump nowadays, I hear a lot of people are buying up real estate in East Harlem.

Giuliani cleaned the city up and he doesn't get enough credit for it.

Last edited:
queens chicks will give da da box smooth, its so dead out there they smash outta boredom.

watch out for those jackson heights colombian broads though, they will clean you outta house and home..broads were pioneers

of getting your body done.

@Ninjahood Lemme find out you be creeping in my backyard!

article-2497751-1950D27B00000578-956_964x645.jpg

article-2497751-1950D3C500000578-195_964x635.jpg

article-2497751-1950D21A00000578-688_964x631.jpg

article-2497751-1950D1C200000578-223_964x637.jpg

when you played final fight/ double dragon/ streets of rage this is exactly how **** was when they used to reference it for level design...

i remember all of this like it was yesterday, my mother would hold me TIGHT AS **** when we took da trains
laugh.gif

luckliy she's always had a rust bucket so for da most part we wasn't doing this too much, whats not being talked about

though is how FREQUENT da trains used to break down....i can remember at least 2 times da train broke down while i was on

it and we had to exit from a sewer cap to da streets like da ninja turtles.

Last edited:
After the blackout, residents who could afford to leave abandoned the area. But new immigrants were coming into the area during the late 1960s, early 1970s and 1980s, many of whom were from Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and more recently Central America. However, apartment renovation and new construction did not keep pace with the demolition of unsafe buildings, forcing overcrowded conditions at first. As buildings came down, the vacant lots made parts of the neighborhood look and feel desolate, and more residents left. The neighborhood was a hotbed of poverty and crime through the 1980s. During this period, the Knickerbocker Ave shopping district was nicknamed “The Well” for its seemingly unending supply of drugs.In the 1990s, it remained a poor and relatively dangerous area, with 77 murders, 80 rapes, and 2,242 robberies in 1990.

IS 383 (Phillipa Schuyler) is on Wilson and Knickerbocker in the middle of that strip. That neighborhood and area was terrible when I went there, I could only imagine what it was like having to be a student at that school during that era smh.
Kids would legit love these woman
Because they raised them. Who else was there to console when you were crying, feed you, etc? Not dad who was a lawyer or I-Banker and mom was spent all of dad's money.

Last edited:
Mount Vernon>>>>> The Boroughs

Joking. But I definitely don't miss growing up in NYC (Bronx/Baychester section). I was to young to remember the 80s like that (born in 85) but the 90s era in NY really shaped what NYC has become today. New styles mixed with a new way of living was moving way to fast and people started to lose their culture and upbringing, that it allowed for gentrification when plenty of native New Yorkers were complacent in their monotonous backward way of living. People saying NYC has become soft clearly are too young, not progressing in life, or just simply trolling.

I don't mind NYC today but the nostalgic photos in this thread make me wonder "what if"..?

My hood.. 5 train Dyre Ave :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom