Pictures of NYC in the 80's

I remember my father getting mugged several times around the 80's. He was in our building elevator once and some dude pressed him for his wallet.

Another time, I was walking home with my aunt who had just picked me up from school. I was holding her hand, and some dude yanked her necklace from behind. I remember my aunt screeching and me looking back at this guy who laughed in front of my aunts face after yanking her chain and runs off.

I do not miss that era of NYC
mean.gif
Sad

Last edited:

my dad got robbed in an elevator in bushwick back when i was 5, 6 years old. So this around '89 or 90. They basically took a knife and cut his pocket to get his wallet
mean.gif
I remember my father getting mugged several times around the 80's. He was in our building elevator once and some dude pressed him for his wallet.

Another time, I was walking home with my aunt who had just picked me up from school. I was holding her hand, and some dude yanked her necklace from behind. I remember my aunt screeching and me looking back at this guy who laughed in front of my aunts face after yanking her chain and runs off.

I do not miss that era of NYC
mean.gif
Nobody with any real sense misses this era

I love this thread!! I do however, want to see pictures of the DMV area in the 70's and 80's thread. That would be dope!

wish I could go back in time to catch some 80's punk shows in NY 
nthat.gif

I don't understand how people would want to
go back to this time. The city was a crap hole.
I remember living in the Bronx in the late 80's and having the fear of people breaking in to your apartment (which happened to my fam, my dad almost killed dude I still remember that night). Fear of kids getting kidnapped block being shot up. Aids, drugs and other violence. It's cool to look at pictures but that time was ugly.
It was so crazy most people wouldn't leave their neighborhood. When my fam moved to the heights in 91 I was 6 and it felt like a different world.
Glad the city is extremely safer and cleaner now for the better.

BMW's back then meant "break my windows" cats

Were snatching radios from cars like a sport :lol:

Everytime I look at this thread I"m happy I grew up in 90s NY. Still a good bit of crime but the city doesnt look like crap like in those pic.

Even though I was born in 89, I saw some of the after effects of The Bronx.

I used to live on this block called Daly Ave in the East Tremont part and next to my building we had an abandoned lot with the back of an 18 wheeler just there. Fond memories were had inside that truck lol.

I went there a few weeks ago and now there's an apartment complex in the place of the lot and all of my friends and I stashed playboy and penthouse is probably gone :lol:

Remember all the Jewish lighting(will edit if found offensive) that used to go down.

Lol NY was wild man and like some one mentioned Halloween was no joke, I remember being like 5 or 4 and the dudes from my old block threw a tub off a 6 floor building. That stuff could've fell on anyone and killed them quick.

Dudes who say they want their city to be like that again HAVE to be sheltered nerds who want to earn street cred online.

I spent half of my childhood in the Mission in SF and that @#$% was horrible.Parts of it are still bad but for the most part it has been cleaned up. I can walk around there now without feeling like I'm gonna get robbed or stabbed at any moment for accidentally wearing the wrong color. And that is a great feeling :smokin You can keep your fake hood mentality; my parents didn't immigrate here to enjoy life in the slums

Last edited:
If I could I would have loved to spend a whole 24 hours back in 93' at age 16 (still not legal, still loved mischief) just so I could get a taste of what it mean't to be a young teen in that era 

Outlandish I know but kill me for having an imagination  

Last edited:
would've been fun to spend a few days at most in that era for nostalgia purposes but that's about it.   after that and realizing that damn this area is pretty messed up, take me back to 2013,  or hell like others said the  90's where that balance was there.

i would've loved to buy something from that dapper dan spot on 125th though. 

I'm at some lounge in queens right now.

It's confirmed...these queens dudes is soft.

Uptown ***** all over them .
son sounding like charles barkley right about now.

so a queens ***** stole your ***** or you got robbed in queens or whatever. **** happens; keep it moving.

:rolleyes

you don't **** with queens then stay your *** uptown. for someone that has nothing to say but negative things about queens you made that long *** trip on the train, huh.

Last edited:
For the most part, yes.

Certain pockets of The Bronx & Harlem are still not to be ****** with, though.
neither are certain parts of queens or bk.

singling out queens is some clown ****. son is sounding like a scorned female.
he made like a 2 hour trip to sit in a corner at a club and stare at dudes while posting on nt about how queens dudes are soft.

:smh:

women walking around with their *** halfway out and ****** being soft is on dudes' mind.

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom