Pokemon Go (ios and android) - TEAM ROCKET

I really wish they would leave the distance the same after the end of this promotion. 5km for 1 candy is waaaaay too much and completely pointless.

I think it's perfectly fine since it is just an added bonus, your main source of candy should still be catching those specific mons.

Maybe once gen2 are introduced then they can double up the candies on the first gen to make it easier to get the evolutions.

Having your main source of candies come from catching the mons that spawn is all good and dandy if you live in a populated area. I've seen maybe 2 dratini. I need a hundred ******* candies AFTER I somehow evolve to a dragonair. It's especially tedious with no way to track them.

seems like a lot of pidgeys have been replaced with cubones, meowths, and gastlys. I'd rather just catch a bunch of pidgeys to level up quicker. Gengar is cool, but useless other than pokedex.

Niantic trying to get people to play again, but I think moves like this just keep the hardcore players and true pokemon fans to continue playing...like high lvl 20's and 30's players. The casual players won't care and won't come back and play.

Went out at 10 last night to catch pokemon and my gf called me a loser |I But got like 200 gastly candies :D

I think it's perfectly fine since it is just an added bonus, your main source of candy should still be catching those specific mons.

Maybe once gen2 are introduced then they can double up the candies on the first gen to make it easier to get the evolutions.
Here's how I think the gen2 evolutions will be

Scizor: 50 candies

Steelix: 50 candies

Blissey: 50 candies

Porygon 2: 50 candies

Umbreon/Espeon: 50 candies 

Kingdra: 100 candies

Crobat: 100 candies

Slowking: 125 candies (from Slowpoke)

Bellossom: 125 candies (from Gloom)

Politoed: 125 candies (from Poliwhirl)

Last edited:
Am I the only one that doesn't want them to drop Gen 2?

I don't want Gen 2 pokemon to clutter my chase for 142 in the pokedex especially decreasing my chances for gen 1 pokemon in eggs that I need to evolve.

Also I thought the gastly/cubone thing was cool for the first hour but after 400 candy I'm tired of gastly. Just want one good maxed 90%+ Gengar.

Am I the only one that doesn't want them to drop Gen 2?

I don't want Gen 2 pokemon to clutter my chase for 142 in the pokedex especially decreasing my chances for gen 1 pokemon in eggs that I need to evolve.

Also I thought the gastly/cubone thing was cool for the first hour but after 400 candy I'm tired of gastly. Just want one good maxed 90%+ Gengar.

I don't want gen 2 until I complete the pokedex

I really wish they would leave the distance the same after the end of this promotion. 5km for 1 candy is waaaaay too much and completely pointless.

Having your main source of candies come from catching the mons that spawn is all good and dandy if you live in a populated area. I've seen maybe 2 dratini. I need a hundred ******* candies AFTER I somehow evolve to a dragonair. It's especially tedious with no way to track them.

Exactly. Tediousness is the problem with this game and not giving people in different locations a fair chance to catch them all

But then the starters should be all over the place. I have caught 1 charmader (hatched 3), 0 bulbasaur (hatched 2), 1 Pikachu (hatched 4), and 32 Squirtle (hatched 2). The "main" characters should be prevalent to go along with the other basic pokemon. The 1KM for candy on Pikachu is fine. Why make charmader, squirtle, and bulbasaur 3km. I shouldnt have to walk a bazillion miles to evolve a starter pokemon

Because those starters are actually sought after, people actually want a Blastoise, Charmander and Venausaur as much as people want Dragonite and Lapras in some cases. It's really no surprise to make it difficult to get something many wants to get so bad.

Eh, comes with the territory and that's how the game is designed.

I understand the frustrations, I had to get 200km to get 200 candies to finally get a Gyarados because Magokarps are rare here and that's just how it works.

I've seen one Dragonite, no Lapras or Alakazam and I live in the LA area and been to Santa Monica Pier a handful of times.

And they do try to rotate spawns once in a while so some do get a chance to get what you want eventually.

So it's not like you're alone in your situations.

With that said, I am more mad at the lack of tracking for this game and Niantics insistence to shut down other party that provides that service.

Just got back from a run and saw a Grimer/Muk silhouette (i honestly didn't even know they spawned in LA) and Fastpokemap was slow as hell and Niantics still hasn't implemented their own tracking so that is what really irritates me more.

View media item 2211138

Last edited:

I think this is also part of the problem (don't mean to pick on you), everyone want everything now and once you get a bunch of them then you get sick of it.

So if they flooded everyone with starters and everyone got to it's full evolution in a week then what?

Again I get the frustration because I've been there (badly want a Gengar and since the even, I've seen one Ghastly nearby and didn't find him) but I am trying to patient about it.

I mean people even wanting a 90%+ IVs off the bat, don't even want to bother catching the littered Ghastlys until you get a good IV one :lol:

Last edited:
Yea decent defender but max cp is 21xx, which would put it as first or second defender in gyms around here ...so pretty useless lol

The monotony of gym pokemons smh

Last edited:
I'm level 24 nearly 25 and just started getting decent mons. I also have never used stardust. I hatched a CP 1680 Lapras from an egg and evolve into a 93 IV 1659 CP Venasaur. It seems like every gym I look at if your not at least 2000 cp your food. Am I being stingy with stardust; is it time to start spending it?

Last time I used my stardust was the first week the game came out and i hatched a snorlax and just levelled that up as much as I could, just got too excited.

Sitting on 713k stardust at the moment and I'm probably just going to use it once I get a decent Dragonite or Lapras.

Last time I used my stardust was the first week the game came out and i hatched a snorlax and just levelled that up as much as I could, just got too excited.

Sitting on 713k stardust at the moment and I'm probably just going to use it once I get a decent Dragonite or Lapras.

In your opinion should I power up my lapras which I guess is a decent Pokémon? I'm sitting on 281,000 Stardust.

If it's IV is 90+, I probably would.

Plus chances are you don't have much candies to level it up much anyways (unless you're one of those guys who has like 10 Lapras') so it should keep your dust at a good amount for your next mon.

Lapras is going to be key to you taking over gyms and defending it anyways so I think it's worth it.

That's me though, I'd probably get too excited when I get one that I'll try and max it if I could either way :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom