Police kill dog in front of owner for nothing.

If they were apprehended then why were they arresting Leon Rosby for "interfering with police?" If the suspect was apprehended then Rosby could not have been interfering with police work.

You believe that BS statement by a Lt. who wasn't there and didn't release the names of the officers involved in the situation?

Yea cause once the suspects are cuffed, everyone breaks out with a "good job everyone, lets go eat donuts"
:rolleyes

The ignorance is strong in this thread. Reminds me of when I was a teen working at this pizza joint. Every morning the cook would prep dough that took a few hours to rise. Depending on the forecast he would prep certain amount of sizes (small, med, large) of dough. We ran out of mediums one time and customers got irate and was arguing how we run out of medium pizzas and we still got larges :rolleyes. Instead of looking at things objectively, they ran to conclusions.
Same as people in this thread.

This is not the movies. **** aint cut and dry in every scenario. Until you put on a badge and put yourself in that situation then shut up.

Same exact incident happened in NYC almost a year ago to the exact day in front of a crowded corner street around 14th st. Had the shooting officer missed by a few inches he would of struck the owner right in the head who was on the ground unconscious in the line of fire. Luckily he stuck the pitbull as he intended who was defending his homeless owner. Obviously there's some kind of lacking in training to handle these situations.

What would you do in that situation? based on your police training 8)

Last edited:
this **** makes me sick to my stomach. I'm no animal lover, or pet lover but damn my heart bled for that dog and it's owner. I understand the love people have for their pets and vice versa. Even worse it what they did to that autistic child and breaking the other guys jaw. Look at how crooked these people are, caught on video and still ************ and lying. Making up ******g excuses. That is why they don't want us recording their corrupt *****. They treat us like the most depraved criminals when we have a camera in our hands, so sad :smh:.

Highly doubt he's getting anything. The cops could prove that they were put in a tough situation, the dog was lose there was no telling what it was going to do. Like isaid we can all sit here and think of other things that couldve been done better but if dude didn't interfer with police work and antagonize them his dog would be alive. Moving forward cops need a better protocol in how to handle this very scenario.

Highly doubt? |I

Let's see...

His vehicle was legally parked.

Crosswalks were not marked off by Police tape therefore he had every right to walk his dog and video record on public property.

The dog owner lawfully surrender and adhered to Police instructions.

The only illegal thing the suspect did in violation was the loud music which is a minor infraction. That BS obstruction of justice will be dropped by the DA, if not already cleared since the dog owner was quickly released. Plus it's obvious by the video that the robbery suspects were already apprehended.

If you cannot see the brutality and that excessive force was used just by watching this video... I don't know what to tell you. But hey it's a black man playing loud music, he should have been arrested right? :smh:

My co worker jus said he better get jail time lol. Id be mad a hell if he even loses his job. Ive seen too much ****** up **** that cops havd done to humans and got off with a slap on the wrist. A simple suspension should do the trick. And please I kno some people love animals but as a father dont compare dogs to your children, they are not the same.

Dude was looking for trouble and antagozing the cops that can be considered obstruction of justice. I didn't even notice the music so I'm surprised you brought it up what I did notice was a man hell bent on bothering the cops while they are doing their jobs. I would've arrested him as well.

Police shoot dogs in the hood everyday, b.

Dog owner is another Obama supporter looking for a handout.
Now that I think about it. Something does seem off with his actions. The way he put the dog in the car was real calm and he was real slack with the leash.
Both windows open to the max, didnt bother securing the dog and surrendered extra calm. Its almost like he wanted the dog to jump out and attack
:nerd:

I would have shot some big rottweiler coming at me as well. I don't know if the dog is trained. Forget that - I'm not getting bit.

What was the dude doing tho? Why did he want to get arrested? Is there an explanation?

This story gets me so heated. All of this would have been resolved if they didn't handcuff dude so they can 'question' him.

A couple of things to note: there was a heatwave in SoCal that day, no way dude will keep his dog inside the car with the windows rolled up in close to 100 degree weather. And to be shooting at the dog during a hostage situation, what a dumb move by Hawthorne PD.

I hope they pay for their actions. It's devastating to see the guy being handcuffed seeing his dog/friend get killed like that. :frown:

oh here comes the police bashing.................look if every officer was like this, this wouldn't be such big uproar. This happens every blue moon.
louie.gif

Dude was looking for trouble and antagozing the cops that can be considered obstruction of justice. I didn't even notice the music so I'm surprised you brought it up what I did notice was a man hell bent on bothering the cops while they are doing their jobs. I would've arrested him as well.
louie.gif

I would have shot some big rottweiler coming at me as well. I don't know if the dog is trained. Forget that - I'm not getting bit.

What was the dude doing tho? Why did he want to get arrested? Is there an explanation?
4/5 shots was excessive. Clearly the first was enough to get him away.

asking for the cops to shoot his dog?

Asking to get arrested, I've already expressed empathy for what happened to his dog. His dog suffered for his stupidity. The cops need a better way to handle this scenario but they did what they truly felt they needed to do protect themselves in the heat of the moment. Leashless dog, arrested owner, someone could have been hurt. Sad the dog had to pay the ultimate price.

Last edited:
Video taping the Police IS NOT ILLEGAL.

The man was not obstructing ANYTHING.

Police just HATE being recorded.

And firing multiple shots at a dog while a group of people is watching across the street? :smh: Yeah, smart move...

None of this would have happened if the Police just did their job and let the man record whatever he wants because again, its not against the law to do so.

Lol u can Louis ck face palm all u want, dude was asking for it.

Asking for it? Well then he succeeded considering he already had a suit against Hawthorne PD. Add this incident to that suit!

Like I said.. City of Hawthorne will eventually pay off this suit and is currently doing damage control as evident by the City of Hawthorne website not operating today!

http://www.cityofhawthorne.com/

^ :lol: @ Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

WIN WIN for Leon Rosby whom just secured a nice sum of public money! Good job incompetent Police officers! :smh:

And firing multiple shots at a dog while a group of people is watching across the street? :smh: Yeah, smart move...

None of this would have happened if the Police just did their job and let the man record whatever he wants because again, its not against the law to do so.

IT wasnt about him videotaping the police it was about him antagonizing them by yelling things at them from down the street. At one point he turns around walking his dog to the car saying something about "thats a civil rights violation. THAT IS WHY THEY CAME TO DETAIN HIM because of the yelling and what cops always like to play the card of disorderly conduct. They didnt bother any of the other people videotaping the same situation.

His dog was a tragedy of him trying to be buck with the cops. People have to learn yelling at cops will get you nowhere.

Last edited:

Pacing back and forth yelling at te cops while filming isn't wise and can be considered aggressive behavior toward enforcement. Dude should have just recorded from a distance shut his mouth and kept it moving.

Last edited:
IT wasnt about him videotaping the police it was about him antagonizing them by yelling things at them from down the street. At one point he turns around walking his dog to the car saying something about "thats a civil rights violation. THAT IS WHY THEY CAME TO DETAIN HIM because of the yelling and what cops always like to play the card of disorderly conduct. They didnt bother any of the other people videotaping the same situation.

His dog was a tragedy of him trying to be buck with the cops. People have to learn yelling at cops will get you nowhere.

Yelling at the Police is a douche bag move however there is absolutely nothing ILLEGAL about that! He provoked them no doubt. The Police complied and responded with the usual harassment of a colored person, and the situation escalated from there! Poor training on how to defuse a tense situation with the public video recording everything. I wouldn't doubt it if PETA, Humane Society and the public outcry will force Hawthorne's Mayor Juarez to fire PD Chief Robert Fager and/or someone else will eventually take the fall!

Oh and this isn't the first time, Police have brutally murdered dogs! Read for yourself the stories on these trigger happy cops!

https://www.facebook.com/DogsShotbyPolice

Your explanation is logical but this does sound like some ******** to get people to buy the Large pizza. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom