Possibly the biggest L anyone can take.. 750LI

My friends 2007 BMW 750 LI went up in flames while she was driving it on February 3rd. Arson investigators went out and said it was caused by a short in the electrical system. They said a wire under the dash got hot and ignited the insulation along the fire wall. To make things worse her insurance lapsed therefore she is not covered. she still owes almost 10,000 on the car. I told her she could part it out and try to recover what she can the motor is going for 6k at the local salvage yards and the wheels are 1200 on craigslist it had the sport package idk what difference it makes though. She cant turn it in she has spent the last 5 years fixing her credit and she doesnt want a repo on it. My question is what would NT do in this situation? Is there anyone she can sue for it the dealer ship, BMW, the mechanic shop?

Engine bay

This is the dash, the red circle is where it started.

Back seat

Damn 
ohwell.gif
...Sorry to hear. I guess if you can part everything out, that'd be the best route.

Originally Posted by cw0974

did she crash into the tree?

No I told the wrecker driver to get it as far down my drive way as possible, the fire department had to cut the hood off to make sure the fire was out.

BMW NA doesnt like taking responsibility for *$+%

I doubt that suing them will do anything...But a part out of everything would be beneficial...The headlights alone can go for $1000 for the pair

She bought a brand new 2007 7 Series in an attempt to fix her credit?

Anyways parting it out is her best option.

The car is done.

i think the best possible way is to just part it out and see if she can cover whatever she can on the payment she has left... if she had insurance, it could have been dealt with but no point on talking about that.

if she decided to lawyer up, she's going to need documents proving the car went haywire on it's own defects, but then again lawyer fees are pretty high.

The engine seems to be intact how many miles was on the engine if its pretty low she can get a good amount of
For the engine and the trans

If she can afford a 2007 750Li, paying off the rest shouldn't be that big a deal, especially if she parts it out. If she can get $5K for parts, she should be good.

In the meantime, she can lease a focus or something cheap. Or buy a squader.

I don't understand why insurance wouldn't cover it...if she has full cover this would be consider a total loss and they would at least cover for the resell value of the car...

That's foul..

She should have a consultation with a lawyer before doing anything else. If what your saying is true, then she definitely has a case against BMW.

She messed up her credit a long time ago and now she owns a medical clinic. She bought it used from a dealership that only sales BMW's Porsche Mercedes Benz Maserati etc..

She should def get some legal help. the more people hear about this story the more bmw's cred goes down.

BMW is all about image so if she or her lawyer works hard enough im sure BMW will offer her some compensation

She owns a medical clinic, so she should have no problem getting another car and throwing this under the rug.

I mean, what else can you do?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I don't understand why insurance wouldn't cover it...if she has full cover this would be consider a total loss and they would at least cover for the resell value of the car...

That's foul..

SHE LET IT LAPSE.
No sorries given. Insurance is not that expensive for people to let it lapse.

That terrible, those pics.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

I don't understand why the insurance wouldn't cover. Just terrible...

Back
Top Bottom