Possibly the biggest L anyone can take.. 750LI

Are you guys not reading why the insurance wont cover it? She goofed off and let it lapse..meaning she didnt renew it when she had to and she was riding around without it.

I can't get past the fact that she had no business owning a BMW 7 series to begin with. Bad credit AND she can't even pay her insurance? L. Glad she didn't get hurt though.

Paying it off is not a problem its the fact that she has only had the car 18 months and this happens. It only had 38k miles on it she never drove it. She told me she was just driving down the freeway and smelled smoke so she started to pull over and by the time she got to the emergency lane the car was filling with black smoke she jumped out before it went up in flames. The only light on the dash was the ABS. She had it scheduled to be dropped of this pasted friday to get the brakes serviced. I was wondering if anyone knew of any recalls or where I look up to see if there were any.

Originally Posted by JD214

That terrible, those pics.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

I don't understand why the insurance wouldn't cover. Just terrible...

because she didn't renew it, so, she didn't have insurance.

I would be on the phone with BMW RIGHT NOW.

Or, she could have waited til she got her insurance back and reported it... smh
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Reinstate insurance. Call next week and file claim
ATLien Seeko wrote:
I would be on the phone with BMW RIGHT NOW.

Or, she could have waited til she got her insurance back and reported it... smh 
30t6p3b.gif

Already thought about this but the arson report has a detailed report including the vin. The only reason arson went out was to make sure it wasnt set intentionally.

First of all, I'm glad she got out safe.  That must have been extremely scary!

There are almost too many mistakes to count in this situation.  So without pouring gas on the fire, I would contact BMW about the situation.  If they're not willing to investigate it and handle it internally I would then consult with an attorney to gauge what the potential liability is.  I'm no car expert, but I don't think they're supposed to be catching on fire traveling down the highway.

Sounds like a fuse should've blow and disabled other parts of the car before a fire started. I would get the local newspaper/news stations involved ASAP

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Sounds like a fuse should've blow and disabled other parts of the car before a fire started. I would get the local newspaper/news stations involved ASAP

This. BMW aint gonna want the bad publicity

Originally Posted by NoTurninBack

My friends 2007 BMW 750 LI went up in flames while she was driving it on February 3rd. Arson investigators went out and said it was caused by a short in the electrical system. They said a wire under the dash got hot and ignited the insulation along the fire wall. To make things worse her insurance lapsed therefore she is not covered. she still owes almost 10,000 on the car. I told her she could part it out and try to recover what she can the motor is going for 6k at the local salvage yards and the wheels are 1200 on craigslist it had the sport package idk what difference it makes though. She cant turn it in she has spent the last 5 years fixing her credit and she doesnt want a repo on it. My question is what would NT do in this situation? Is there anyone she can sue for it the dealer ship, BMW, the mechanic shop?

Paying it off is not a problem its the fact that she has only had the car 18 months and this happens. It only had 38k miles on it she never drove it. She told me she was just driving down the freeway and smelled smoke so she started to pull over and by the time she got to the emergency lane the car was filling with black smoke she jumped out before it went up in flames. The only light on the dash was the ABS. She had it scheduled to be dropped of this pasted friday to get the brakes serviced. I was wondering if anyone knew of any recalls or where I look up to see if there were any.

Huh?  Either way, she should call around and see if she can get a free consultation from a lawyer.  If there aren't any recalls on this model/year, then I'm sure she has a case given that BMW doesn't want to compensate her for the car...

i think there are a few for that series, i would have to check tomorrow at work.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

i think there are a few for that series, i would have to check tomorrow at work.
It would be greatly appreciated I am going to talk to my lawyer tomorrow and see what he has to say.. If there was a recall would BMW be liable or will they say its her fault for not taking it in to get serviced for that specific recall?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

It would be greatly appreciated I am going to talk to my lawyer tomorrow and see what he has to say.. If there was a recall would BMW be liable or will they say its her fault for not taking it in to get serviced for that specific recall?
They should have contacted her, if they indeed did then im assuming she would be the one responsible for not taking it in.

From the looks of it, I'm guessing the airbags got burned? If not, she could get something out of selling that as well.

Back
Top Bottom