Possibly the biggest L anyone can take.. 750LI

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by finnns2003

laugh.gif
Typical. Someone with poor credit driving a BMW, a SEVEN series at that. This is all kinds of backwards.

laugh.gif
true

Agree.  A medical clinic owner owning ANYTHING on a vehicle doesn't add up...especially $10K.

Welp, she played with fire by not having insurance and got burned. No sympathy here, maybe she shouldn't have been driving a car like that if she couldn't afford insurance

I think this is a bigger L:

image00003.jpg

The report indicates that “the driver told officers he just bought his Lamborghini a week ago and was still unfamiliar with how to use it properly.

laugh.gif
Typical. Someone with poor credit driving a BMW, a SEVEN series at that. This is all kinds of backwards.
Like I said before she has spent the past 5 years fixing her credit. All the cars she has gotten prior to this one have either been cash or "in house" financed. She got this car after she got approved for the loan she knew that the monthly payments would help her credit more then buying the car cash or getting it financed in house

Al Audi wrote:
OP, I don't get it. Did she just "forget" to pay her insurance?

simplest way to put it yes.
RealRubirosa wrote:
I think this is a bigger L:

image00003.jpg

The report indicates that “the driver told officers he just bought his Lamborghini a week ago and was still unfamiliar with how to use it properly.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
true

man i cant believe i am saying this but...

poor credit does not mean someone is poor or even cash poor and having great credit does not mean someone is rich.  hell, i have 800+ across all 3 bureaus and im poor as hell.

some people are just bad with money management, but it doesnt mean they dont have money or dont know how to make money.  a lot of celebrities with high net worths have terrible personal credit because they dont bother to maintain their credit.  it doesnt really affect them as they probably dont need credit.  I'd bet my entire life savings (which is meager) that someone like Jay-Z has sub 700 credit.  Does it matter?  Not for him, cause someone with his net worth and earning potential can walk into any bank and get approved for virtually any loan at prime rates.

I've got nothing more to add but a quick search online shows many other BMW owners had their car go up in flames too.

Should I be concerned? Just took delivery of my '11 M3 Sedan.

7's are beautiful cars. I've heard one too many horror stories about them tho. Especially used.

Originally Posted by bruza

I've got nothing more to add but a quick search online shows many other BMW owners had their car go up in flames too.

the 7 series is just a joke, your M3 should be fine

Originally Posted by NoTurninBack

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

yikes... and this is one if the reasons I keep a fire extinguisher in my trunk
I rather carry a hammer.
replace your hammer with one of these the hammer will just bounce off your window..
She was never notified of any recalls, the shop she took it to get serviced at had nothing but ASE certified mechanics and master mechanics. The battery was just replaced apparently the computer has to be programmed when the battery is  replaced..

Looks like they just sharpened the edge and made it dead blow

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Good.  I keep insurance on it too 
pimp.gif

has nothing to do with thread, please exit ...

Originally Posted by needemjs

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Sounds like a fuse should've blow and disabled other parts of the car before a fire started. I would get the local newspaper/news stations involved ASAP

This. BMW aint gonna want the bad publicity

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by NoTurninBack

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I rather carry a hammer.
replace your hammer with one of these the hammer will just bounce off your window..
She was never notified of any recalls, the shop she took it to get serviced at had nothing but ASE certified mechanics and master mechanics. The battery was just replaced apparently the computer has to be programmed when the battery is  replaced..

Looks like they just sharpened the edge and made it dead blow
http://www.houdinitool.com/products/houdini.aspx 

I got this

NoTurninBack wrote:

OP: Look deeper into this.

It isn't very likely, but not impossible either.  Her battery/electrical system may have been "over charged" by the alternator causing it to heat up and eventually catch fire.  

Many BMWs need their battery to be programed registered in the computer so the charging profile (voltage, amperage, etc.) can be adjusted appropriately. I think most BMW OEM batteries are Exide and you can use non OEM if they have a similar or identical electrical rating. But BMW or an independent with the right service tools needs to "register" the new battery so it will not be damaged by the car improperly charging it. From what I read, over time the computer adjusts the charging profile of a battery as it ages. So if you just stick a new battery in there, the computer doesn't know and continues to treat it like an old battery... and this can lead to battery failure.

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

laugh.gif
 Yea ok

Not the first time someone has "thread jacked".  My thread is related.  Take a look online
nerd.gif
  Many different BMW's (regardless of model) have caught fire.

Most people here haven't offered any real advice anyway besides lol's 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

my friend's 650 went up in flames in her driveway a month ago while she was sleeping

Between these "flaming Bimmers", "exploding Honda air bags" and "self accelerating Prius' (or is it Prii?)",  I feel safer than ever driving my "Old American Cars"   
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Just another reason.....   DA HEMI  >

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

laugh.gif
 Yea ok

Not the first time someone has "thread jacked".  My thread is related.  Take a look online
nerd.gif
  Many different BMW's (regardless of model) have caught fire.

Most people here haven't offered any real advice anyway besides lol's 
eyes.gif

- In you original post you said you did online research, which shows BMW cars that went up in flames. That was what you were looking for right? Then you proceed to come on here and ask if you should be concerned ...

pretty much, havent heard of too many problems with the M3 if any at all honestly.

7 series, thats another story. NT has lots, check google
roll.gif
and personal with a friend who had one. i wouldnt take that car if someone sold it to me for dirt cheap.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
true

man i cant believe i am saying this but...

poor credit does not mean someone is poor or even cash poor and having great credit does not mean someone is rich.  hell, i have 800+ across all 3 bureaus and im poor as hell.

some people are just bad with money management, but it doesnt mean they dont have money or dont know how to make money.  a lot of celebrities with high net worths have terrible personal credit because they dont bother to maintain their credit.  it doesnt really affect them as they probably dont need credit.  I'd bet my entire life savings (which is meager) that someone like Jay-Z has sub 700 credit.  Does it matter?  Not for him, cause someone with his net worth and earning potential can walk into any bank and get approved for virtually any loan at prime rates.

By definition, poor money management skills means that you're not going to have money for long.  Look at TO.  His credit is trashed and so is his bank account because he didn't know how to handle it.  On the same note, financing a 7 series with trashed credit is also a dumb idea.  First because it's in the top 5 of worst depreciating vehicles.  Secondly because you're getting TAKEN on the interest rate.

A little known secret is that most doctors are broke because they buy a BMW/Benz out of medical school along with a private club membership and keep their student loans around for decades while only maintaining about $20-30K in the bank (if that).

Originally Posted by Zyzz

pretty much, havent heard of too many problems with the M3 if any at all honestly.

7 series, thats another story. NT has lots, check google
roll.gif
and personal with a friend who had one. i wouldnt take that car if someone sold it to me for dirt cheap.

So true.

I remember reading an article stating in the 7 was actually designed to be leased not owned. The  only reason it really exists as a flagship is to make BMWs other cars seem more affordable in comparison.

IE Johnny Walker Blue Label priced at $350.00 makes the $50.00 bottle of  Black Label look like a much better deal.

Back
Top Bottom