\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I rather have loaded Honda Accord vs a 2008 M3

I live in CT dudes get clowned for doing that, if you had a 2008 you been had it.
Man, what?
laugh.gif
  I mean, do your thing, but I couldn't care less if people clown me for owning a 2008 M3 in 2016.  I'm sure the dudes who actually have money around there aren't worrying about if you're the original owner of your car or bought it used.

EDIT:

And when I say the dudes who actually have money, I mean the hedge fund owners and managers around CT.

Last edited:
Contradicting information.

I actually agree with blue book value not mattering. True market value is what you should be looking at. I have no idea what the blue book value was of my DB9 back in 2013.

'08, 6-speed, Vert, bit over 20k miles. I searched for the exact color, top, transmission I wanted and it took my over a year to find the car. I searched what similar vehicles were going in that area and made my offer. I didn't finance a whole lot, in relation to the actual value of the car and the amount it was insured for/I was paying insurance for. But I stopped looking at KBB since I can't even remember when.
not contradicting at all. KBB is indeed useless. I was just saying if you find yourself getting a clean car for at/under the kbb private party value then you definitely got a steal.

most cars at least. Maybe there are some junkers out there that have worse market value than KBB 

Last edited:
I rather have loaded Honda Accord vs a 2008 M3

I live in CT dudes get clowned for doing that, if you had a 2008 you been had it.
Man WHAT?! 
laugh.gif

Id love for someone to walk up to me and clown me for owning a 09 car.

But honestly statements like that show me you're not really a car guy, or enthusiast as people love to say. You want something new with a nice plush interior, which is perfectly fine, you should get a Lexus or something along those lines.

The kind of people buying Ms want the car for performance, not what year it is (as long as its in the generation they want) or what homies on the block might say. 

Last edited:
Man WHAT?! :lol:

Id love for someone to walk up to me and clown me for owning a 09 car.

But honestly statements like that show me you're not really a car guy, or enthusiast as people love to say. You want something new with a nice plush interior, which is perfectly fine, you should get a Lexus or something along those lines.
This

An 08 M and a 12/13 (whatever the last e92 year was) M is gonna demand the same respect if its well kept and tastefully done.
EXACTLY

I promise if you go to a show/meet or join a forum, you are not gonna get clowned on because yours is 3-4 years older but still in the same generation. They're literally the same ******* car besides minor things.

Last edited:
bigboss bigboss

I'm only speaking from personal experience

Could care less if u think I'm a car guy because I consider myself a car guy and know a lot of people with nice cars in my area, always have

The only people I know with 2008 M3s are grown adults who got them when them came out or young guys who come from good family and still with their parents and don't have their own bills and living expenses to worry about.

I will be living on my own again as soon as I am able to with a much newer BMW if I so choose and living like a grown man

I had plenty of rich//spoiled friends growing up an I never was jealous of them my family isn't hurting I'm just raised different

The ones with old BMWs like 2008 been had them and prob already upgraded like most in my area at this point.

I'm not here to cause drama, I promise you.

Lol i love how the ish talking goes from car to car in here. Idc what you drive, how many miles, or what year but like i said a couple weeks back dont act like your the king of the hill if you have to wait 6 years to buy the car you want cause you couldnt afford it then. Everyone should just be humble and enjoy their cars.

But carry on
#subiegang
#eventhoWCISkickedusout

None of this has to do with being grown or living on your own bro, that Honda statement just says a lot about how you view cars versus how a lot of people that are enthusiasts view them for the most part. All cool though, different strokes. 

Lol i love how the ish talking goes from car to car in here. Idc what you drive, how many miles, or what year but like i said a couple weeks back dont act like your the king of the hill if you have to wait 6 years to buy the car you want cause you couldnt afford it then. Everyone should just be humble and enjoy their cars.
Really? Man NT never changes 
laugh.gif

Sounds like something my old buddy Iknownuffin would say

Like I told him, show us all how to buy a $70k car at 19...... if not SHHHHHH.

Last edited:

But carry on

#subiegang

#eventhoWCISkickedusout

Really? 

What did you need clarification on?

My last car was a 2013 Honda

I don't want a old BMW

A current car and living on my own paying my own bills by myself not living off parents eating how I want and buying sneakers is just fine for me

I don't understand your King of the Hill comment

If you lived in CT you would get no props for copping an old BMW at my age, even if you didn't live with parents ppl would clown you because you think you're "doing it"

It maybe diff in North Kak, is what it is. I'm done with said topic. No beef over here.

I don't want a old BMW

A current car and living on my own paying my own bills by myself not living off parents eating how I want and buying sneakers is just fine for me

If you lived in CT you would get no props for copping an old BMW at my age, even if you didn't live with parents ppl would clown you because you think you're "doing it"

It maybe diff in North Kak, is what it is. I'm done with said topic. No beef over here.
I didn't even say anything about king of the hill!! 
laugh.gif

Man this thread is wild. 

Last edited:
You kicked me out on your own! :lol:

My little STi gets so much flack/criticism from certain members on here that own Subaru's themselves b.

I mean, you were just going hard trying to discredit what Subaru has been dominating and has dominated throughout history.

I consider all Subies fam, but it's like if it's a non-STi, they want to take shots at the throne.
I still got

Really? Man NT never changes :lol:

Sounds like something my old buddy Iknownuffin would say

It wasnt directed at you but if you caught feelings thats on you. I dont think you guys understand the car culture here in ny just like i said before and that might be where audi is coming from. People here buy old bmw, audi, and benz and think they are doing it. I wouldnt really put the Ms in it because as a car guy they are highly sought after but people need to have a slice of humble pie.

It wasnt directed at you but if you caught feelings thats on you. I dont think you guys understand the car culture here in ny just like i said before and that might be where audi is coming from. People here buy old bmw, audi, and benz and think they are doing it. I wouldnt really put the Ms in it because as a car guy they are highly sought after but people need to have a slice of humble pie.
The ole feelings line lol

But I agree with you, you guys must be in different social circles or classes because down here we are just the Cars and Coffee type crowd, you buy a car because you like it and you mod it how you want and thats it. I never even heard the term "think they're doing it" till I heard it on here.

It sounds like something ignorant people would say if you want me to keep it real.

Last edited:

Like my man here with the early 2000 benz

But carry on
#subiegang
#eventhoWCISkickedusout

You kicked me out on your own! :lol:

My little STi gets so much flack/criticism from certain members on here that own Subaru's themselves b.

I mean, you were just going hard trying to discredit what Subaru has been dominating and has dominated throughout history.

I consider all Subies fam, but it's like if it's a non-STi, they want to take shots at the throne.
I still got

How is buying a car that you like "thinking your doing it"? Regardless of the age of said vehicle.

Sounds like those people in CT that you describe should be laughed at and ignored because they know nothing about anything.

This dude bought an old BMW:

05.jpg

probably thinks he's doin it....  what a clown

I don't want a old BMW

You're still basing something you would be buying with your own money on whether other people in your city would "clown you for it". That's not grown man at all..

I dont think yall understand the people we are talking about. We are not talking about car people we are talking about people that dont know the difference between a 3 series and a 7 series but just want a BMW. They heard a rap song and want to drive a range but they live in the projects.

I much rather prefer a newer vehicle over an older one.

I also prefer a luxury ride over a sports one (at the moment anyways).

I like the luxury boat feel.

If I'm buying old it's going to be a muscle car.

Everyone has varying opinions..

To me, it's like someone rocking a pair of OG AJ1s that are heavily worn.

Ya there is a cult following for such, but I would never rock em.

Just like I wouldn't buy an older car just to be "doing it".

No shots, just my opinion.

I dont think yall understand the people we are talking about. We are not talking about car people we are talking about people that dont know the difference between a 3 series and a 7 series but just want a BMW. They heard a rap song and want to drive a range but they live in the projects.
Thank you for clearing that up, I was so confused man 
laugh.gif

We all on the same page now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom