Question for my fellas of other ethnicitys...when it comes to your women

not to make this thread a race thing or anything...

but my question to you all are........the women of your same ethnicity.....what have they said about "dating black men?"

I ask this because I grew up in wash d.c. .....and I've seen my share of ethiopians, hispanics, asians even, but they all seem to stick to their own kind (the women) you rarely see one of them with a black guy, if not at all.........I love my black women more than anything, it's just a question that I wanted to know...but I felt like I should ask someone of the same ethical background as one of these young ladies out here.

have they ever spoke on messing with a brotha? are they not attracted to us?

I think it's a beautiful thing when I see folks on here post pics of their chicks, and they come from a different background......that's love foreal....but out in location I'm at now, I don't see these women checking for a brotha at all ....it's like their people would disown them if they came home with a black man or something.

what's the deal?

I dont think its a matter of everyone sticking to their own, more-so cats who are fresher off the boat and have spent less time around others. I mean Ethiopians, for example, are usually part of a pretty tight-knit community so those that grew up among others of the same background will probably be most likely to stick to their own.

asians i know for a fact have a large stigma against marrying blacks.
in some caribbean and african families its not okay not to marry AA's (my sister said she would never marry an AA).
btw ethiopians are black, just not african american.

my cousin is married to a black guy dude is pretty chill
where im from maybe 3/10 asian girls are with a black dude

African American men with Asian and Hispanic women is not as rare an occurence as you're making it out to be, especially black men with hispanic women. Within every culture there is pressure marry within your race, culture, religion etc. I've hung out in DC a couple of times and have seen black men with a variety of races. In NYC black men date everything but black women it seems.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

African American men with Asian and Hispanic women is not as rare an occurence as you're making it out to be, especially black men with hispanic women. Within every culture there is pressure marry within your race, culture, religion etc. I've hung out in DC a couple of times and have seen black men with a variety of races. In NYC black men date everything but black women it seems.

black x asian is not unheard of, but it def isn't a common site. there def is an issue within the asian comm going black. i think its great however if it works out...i kno a haitian x korean couple. shorty is asian and her dad gave him the rough interview, but he made the cut and now its money
pimp.gif

as for black guys going after everything else in nyc, i can belee dat. nyc has so much variety why not? i've seen the latina x white girl threads
pimp.gif

wrong.  its just that there are a lot of %%%++@$ black girls (id almost claim them to be the majority) so you see a lot of interracial couples but there are still many black couples out there.

in seattle with the younger people people just date whoever. except with the racists of course and we have alot of them

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Originally Posted by Weekz

asians i know for a fact have a large stigma against marrying blacks.
in some caribbean and african families its not okay not to marry AA's (my sister said she would never marry an AA).
btw ethiopians are black, just not african american.

i'm in my 20's so i've had a lot of experience in understanding that being against something doesn't mean you HATE them...some asians are just "traditional".
my myself in order for me to marry a woman out families would have to be cool with it.

with that being said, as i stated earlier...there's a difference between "casually dating" and "courting"....i'd rather casually date 

ethiopians LOVE african america men...no matter WHERE you live in the states, to keep it DC 

Spoiler [+]
angel_lola_luv%20-%2086.jpg

posting that pic says what?
grin.gif

yes but it's not common as a particular race sticking with each other down here........and i was speaking from my experiences, not saying it's rare overall, just in my opinion on what i've witnessed down here....my views will be different from yours because you have "visited" and I've lived down here all my life....i've seen black guys with other ethnic groups down here, but it isn't an everyday thing to see such in my opinion....

you have your spanish areas down here, and your white areas..where mostly they live in one community or section of the city, you drive through or walk through that section of the city, you're going to see mostly them dealing with their same race....

it's just like this...you come down here, yeah you will say you know so and so black guy that has dated this mexican girl or indian chick etc, but looking at d.c. as a whole, it's not everywhere down here....alot of black women stick to their black men down here, alot of spanish women stick to their spanish men, alot of white women stick to their white men....you have your interracial couples, but it's a minority here in the city...

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

i'm in my 20's so i've had a lot of experience in understanding that being against something doesn't mean you HATE them...some asians are just "traditional".
my myself in order for me to marry a woman out families would have to be cool with it.

with that being said, as i stated earlier...there's a difference between "casually dating" and "courting"....i'd rather casually date 

ethiopians LOVE african america men...no matter WHERE you live in the states, to keep it DC 

Spoiler [+]
angel_lola_luv%20-%2086.jpg

posting that pic says what?
grin.gif

ethiopians in the dmv? who date blacks?
I wouldn't have chose someone as her to represent your statement
laugh.gif

really.

and i never said they didn't......i just find it not too common down here....now if you see different, then we just can agree to disagree.

*takes a drive to d.c. to see the big percentage of mixed couples with the world's most powerful binoculars*

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Asian girls go for white guys hard. 

have you known any that has a thing for black men?

and why do you think they like white guys so much?

i was told by an asian guy in his 40's who kept it real:

"they feel it's the white man's world, white man's country so if you marry up one you're gonna be successful"

he said it's stupid but that's how his parents and most first generation thought, you gotta remember older immigrants have a weird relationship with whites.

that's the thing you tryna "wife".

most people who interracial date, fell into it without LOOKING it just happened because they we're people being people that like $#!$%!$.
they can't "bring you home", but they can let you smash...why you not down to just smash and let them go? you cant be out here just wiz khalifa'ing everything in these streets 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
def true.

I dunno about ethiopians in the US, but ethiopians in ethiopia DEFINITELY do not want an african-american partner. Its gotten better since I was a lil kid, but ethiopians still dont consider themselves "black" and they will call american blacks N's like theres nothing wrong with it. Americanized ethiopians might be a diff ballgame however, I dunno.

i was told by an asian guy in his 40's who kept it real:

"they feel it's the white man's world, white man's country so if you marry up one you're gonna be successful"

he said it's stupid but that's how his parents and most first generation thought, you gotta remember older immigrants have a weird relationship with whites.

that's the thing you tryna "wife".

most people who interracial date, fell into it without LOOKING it just happened because they we're people being people that like $#!$%!$.
they can't "bring you home", but they can let you smash...why you not down to just smash and let them go? you cant be out here just wiz khalifa'ing everything in these streets 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
This. 

I know my cousin has been dating a black guy for about 3 years know, pretty chill dude her parents approve of, our grandparents on the other hand would FLIP if they found out, they dont know yet

Originally Posted by 510hayward

I know my cousin has been dating a black guy for about 3 years know, pretty chill dude her parents approve of, our grandparents on the other hand would FLIP if they found out, they dont know yet

what ethnicity is your cousin

I think you need to see the world. I see mixes of races in DC all the time. If you find a guy or girl attractive, just approach them the same. That race thing means nothing

Originally Posted by Fig Neutonn

I think you need to see the world. I see mixes of races in DC all the time. If you find a guy or girl attractive, just approach them the same. That race thing means nothing

again, like i said they are down here, but they aren't the majority......

you telling me you never came across an asian chick that just prefer to not mess with black guys?

I'm Asian and here's what I noticed.

There are two kinds of Asian girls, those who like to date outside of their ethnicity and those who only like to date Asians. Those who like to date outside are usually the cooler ones, they are more "westernized" and act like girls of other races. People call them "white-washed" or "Americanized", whatever. Then there are the ones who only date Asians... these are the ones that usually grew up in strict Asian households, mainly hang out with Asians and do stereotypically Asian things more than the other kinds of girls, meaning they value school work more, don't put as much effort into socializing, basically staying true to their parents' beliefs/customs.

For the Asians who like to date other races, they don't usually date Asians as much. A lot of it is stereotypically motivated. You know, the stereotype about Asians being uncool and everyone loves white folks. The reason a lot of them love white men is because like Who nice as Him said, they see it as a ticket to success. They see that white men dominate America and are attracted to that.

A lot of Asians like black men too, but you have to keep in mind that Asian immigrants aren't as down with Black people as the ones who were born in America. The parents often don't accept Black people into their families.

A better question is the whole Asian men/women of other races issue.

I'm attracted to every other race except for Asian
laugh.gif
. But I can't see to get down with white females... I'm not sure why. All of the Black females I've known are the coolest, they never play any stupid games and are never insecure. But the majority of white females I know, they are mad emotional and immature.

The only reason I can think of as to why Asians aren't as down with women with other races is because of how they are usually portrayed... nerdy, weak, awkward, frail... and a lot of them fit this description. Almost every single Asian male I've met seems to only find Asians attractive. Some of them hate white women
alien.gif

As to your original question, what I've noticed is that if you act like your race "stereotypically", you'll be down with a lot more of your own race. If I act like math and science is my whole life, and spend all the time at the library, I'll be closer to a lot of Asian girls just because we share similar behaviors. But if you act differently, you'll stand out. And that actually can be to your advantage, because you become UNIQUE. No racism or negative connotations/shots at any race, but the guys I've seen pull the most girls of other races acted like the other races.

Dmvbatman wrote:
you telling me you never came across an asian chick that just prefer to not mess with black guys?

for ONE that wont, i'd know a HUNDRED that will ...you're looking in the wrong social class, tax bracket, and area of the city.
you're wasting time with PHONIES tryna assimilate in the made up "white man's world" where all your problem go away if you kneel at his feet and accept him as your master. 
laugh.gif

try hipster hangouts, urban areas that have been new targets of gentrification, downtown, nightlife. people are more culturally aware and curious to the changes in society and more open

to look at you as a PERSON first, SMART OR DUMB second, BLACK man lastly and least importantly.

this may be the root of the problem

try hipster hangouts, urban areas that have been new targets of gentrification, downtown, nightlife. people are more culturally aware and curious to the changes in society and more open
to look at you as a PERSON first, SMART OR DUMB second, BLACK man lastly and least importantly.

This works a lot OP.Edit- I wish black girls were more open about dating outside their race in my area. I dot know if I'm doing it wrong, but they make it mad difficult
indifferent.gif
whatever Berkeley, SF *thumbs up*

Back
Top Bottom