Questions for ATHEISTS vol. keep it funky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Study: Religious children are less able to distinguish fantasy from reality

1617207656200.png

If you expose your child to Moses, Muhammad or Matthew the Apostle, are they at a disadvantage?
According to new research from Boston University, young children with a religious background are less able to distinguish between fantasy and reality compared with their secular counterparts.
In two studies, 66 kindergarten-age children were presented with three types of stories - realistic, religious and fantastical. The researchers then queried the children on whether they thought the main character in the story was real or fictional.
While nearly all children found the figures in the realistic narratives to be real, secular and religious children were split on religious stories. Children with a religious upbringing tended to view the protagonists in religious stories as real, whereas children from non-religious households saw them as fictional.
Although this might be unsurprising, secular and religious children also differed in their interpretation of fantasy narratives where there was a supernatural or magical storyline.
"Secular children were more likely than religious children to judge the protagonist in such fantastical stories to be fictional," wrote the researchers.

Conservatives Are Enraged at Lil Nas X and His “Satan Shoes”
1617207861289.png

The governor of South Dakota is not going to stand for this. Lil Nas X

The outrage over “WAP” has barely died down, but conservatives are once again up in arms over a music video. This time, the target of their ire is Lil Nas X’s new video for “Montero (Call Me By Your Name),” in which the “Old Town Road” singer explores the complicated intersection between religion and sexuality by riding a stripper pole down to hell, then giving Satan a lap dance. See for yourself:

I absolutely find this hilarious!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What does that have to do with belonging to a house of worship?
A large amount of places of worship closed, and I'm not sure about other religions (the approaching irony) but christianity based had this accent belief in regards to approaching the w/ to how visibly approached the church until maybe the last 6yrs. or so. The "come as you are" stuff is what I'm referring to.

Imo, literally all they have to do is come together promote casual attire and the churches across this countries attendance will jump up w/ historical figures.

He gets it :lol:
1617211058046.png

Belonging to a place of worship =/= going to a place of worship. No different than the people that own a gym membership but never use it.
Are you referring to those "I'm not religious, I'm spiritual" cretins that say that while living and dying by Bible scriptures? I don't think I'm wrong if I assumed that that was like 40% of those ppl were apart of that study.

I can't compare that to gym membership b/c they may be working out elsewhere or not at all and getting fat. That's external, belief systems are internal.

Whether a place of worship is open or not has absolutely nothing to do with being a member.

Correct, I don't think the study was done based on ATTENDANCE Figures over the last year.

It SEEMS like people were ASKED if they belonged to a Church. (Which is a simple Yes/No; regardless if they haven't been in-person since March 2020)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom