Ralph Lauren struggling?

i still rock polo but the more classy pieces... no more of the big RALPH LAUREN branding or the big lettering or big horses you see on some polos and rugbys...i rock with just the sweaters, polo, long sleeves, jackets, hats with the horse and im good...

Last edited:
im not judging you or anything but why this mindset?

just curious

i really didn't choose to adopt this mindset it's just over time and after experiencing things like marriage and mortgages etc I just don't even care to find out. A similar thing happened with new music/tv etc. I still love shoes of course but tbh after the end of matching as a fashion staple I can just throw on a denim shirt and some chinos and wear almost any shoe.

i really didn't choose to adopt this mindset it's just over time and after experiencing things like marriage and mortgages etc I just don't even care to find out. A similar thing happened with new music/tv etc. I still love shoes of course but tbh after the end of matching as a fashion staple I can just throw on a denim shirt and some chinos and wear almost any shoe.

gotcha

Last edited:
Thats an RRL style called "bowery"

There are different colors/variations.

Hand made in England. ...pretty pricey.

That's because you aren't aware of anything that RL makes outside of the polo shirts, and shirts with the horse logo. The RL that you "see" is just a very small part of all of the clothing that RL puts out every year. You would be surprised if somebody showed you the tags on their RL clothing that has no visible logos to find that it is RL and you looked right past it.
Which is cool and all, but from a regular consumer's perspective, polo with no branding doesn't make much sense to me. Why wouldn't you get something that looks similar but is cheaper? Polo has declined in quality so it isn't really gonna win over its competitors. Those lowkey 'maybe' RL shirts are dope, but RL is nothing without its respective logo(s)

I don't really see anyone wearing RL outside of the crowd that still wears polos with visible white tees underneath along with Jordans. Basically dudes stuck in 2006 :lol:

but da last resergence of Polo was about 2010 with da slim fits Vado had & da retro of da polor ranger boots...

Denim and Supply is good but you gotta be careful what you buy from that line.

As said the jeans and quality things are good especially on sale but when you try and go get those button ups you might as well go to a store like AE or Old Navy.

I still dont know why Ralph Lauren got rid of Rugby.

Which is cool and all, but from a regular consumer's perspective, polo with no branding doesn't make much sense to me. Why wouldn't you get something that looks similar but is cheaper? Polo has declined in quality so it isn't really gonna win over its competitors. Those lowkey 'maybe' RL shirts are dope, but RL is nothing without its respective logo(s)
This is because the "regular customer" has it all wrong. You buy the higher quality Polo items with no branding (not sold in most dept stores), and high tier the Ralph Lauren items because they will last. This is were "timeless" comes in. You pay a bit more for something one time, instead of buying a cheaply made item over and over again. You end up spending less in the long run, and you don't have to worry about "polo" going out of style because there's no logo by buying quality.

To add, Ralph Lauren is everything without the logos. The designs and materials used are RL staples that will never go out of style because they've been making them so long.

Your opinion is based on your own experience, but until you,ve had the high end RL items in-hand, there's no way that it's going to make sense to you. There's a huge difference between an $1,800 RL boot and a $160 Polo Boot, a $4,000 shearling coat and a $200 Polo shearpa jacket, etc. Smart shoppers have found channels to own lots of the high end RL items at a fair price.

@KingofChicago, Nice RRL Boots up there

Last edited:
I still dont know why Ralph Lauren got rid of Rugby.

It was doing to well with the Youth and Hood

Probably not the demographic they had in mind to be there main customer

Also they might have done too much designs wise with some of the stuff but they could of just dial it back to keep it going :\

Last edited:
This is because the "regular customer" has it all wrong. You buy the higher quality Polo items with no branding (not sold in most dept stores), and high tier the Ralph Lauren items because they will last. This is were "timeless" comes in. You pay a bit more for something one time, instead of buying a cheaply made item over and over again. You end up spending less in the long run, and you don't have to worry about "polo" going out of style because there's no logo by buying quality.

To add, Ralph Lauren is everything without the logos. The designs and materials used are RL staples that will never go out of style because they've been making them so long.

Your opinion is based on your own experience, but until you,ve had the high end RL items in-hand, there's no way that it's going to make sense to you. There's a huge difference between an $1,800 RL boot and a $160 Polo Boot, a $4,000 shearling coat and a $200 Polo shearpa jacket, etc. Smart shoppers have found channels to own lots of the high end RL items at a fair price.

@KingofChicago, Nice RRL Boots up there
That regular customer is what most businesses need to function, unless you're saying they'd be better off discontinuing their low end and only keeping the high end stuff. Also, I wasn't speaking from personal experience per se, but since you mentioned it, I have held the more expensive stuff, and for the asking price, I wasn't impressed.

That regular customer is what most businesses need to function, unless you're saying they'd be better off discontinuing their low end and only keeping the high end stuff. Also, I wasn't speaking from personal experience per se, but since you mentioned it, I have held the more expensive stuff, and for the asking price, I wasn't impressed.

I'm not saying that RL should discontinue or keep anything. All levels of RL are necessary for the brand to succeed.

Im only explaining why it makes sense for customers in that specific target group to purchaae the high end items with no branding. And explaining that it's the quality of the materials and the design that defines RL clothing, not just simply having the logo/branding.

I personally see a huge difference in the higher quality items. I have some things that are flawless after 10 + years.

Last edited:
Regular consumers don't care about that. They just want the name at attainable prices (i.e. copping Polo fits at TJ Maxx and Marshalls).

BMW knows most consumers won't be buying it's Flagship model (7-series), but they'll go for a base 3-series with less craftsmanship.

Very sad to see this. I thought Ralph Lauren was going to stand the test of time just like the other high end brands that originated in Europe.

It does seem like celebrities and athletes have moved away from Ralph Lauren for whatever reason. Nothing lasts forever..

It's not going anywhere, same as Lacoste,Burberry ,Calvin Klein ,Tommy Hilfiger , Nautical etc . Might not be the flavor of the week but they not going anywhere.

I hear you

they shoulda threw the money bag at this guy

View media item 2061781

FOR FACTS

I agree!

Back
Top Bottom