Ralph Lauren struggling?

cameo_rae_snow.jpg
ehh...

more like...

Last edited:
Not a good sign for RL retail if they're dropping the manhattan flagship.

Been buying most of my polos at Marshalls and TJMaxx for the past few years, $70 a shirt was too steep for me.

A lot of major department and retail stores are crumbling their brick n' mortar due to the internet. Ralph has fell off quite a bit on the economic lines (Polo & D&S) but is far from done just has to figure out how to adapt. As was stated above Ralph still out selling a ton of your favorite brands. I see a lot of "opinions" from novice consumers verses facts in this thread. Most of ya'll I never see in the Polo thread but all of the sudden because ya'll bought some horse shirts a decade ago "You kmow Ralph is done". Dudes is goofballs. Shout out my RL loyalists and you haters can choke on some horse ****. :D
Shout out supermanblue79 supermanblue79 & @sckid20 for trying to give people correct information in the pages I skimmed through. :smokin

Last edited:
RL dresses the USA and UK athletes for the Olympics but they need more everyday cosigns.

Funny how their pockets started to feel it when the hood scaled back from being polo'd down.

Random but I had on the polo bear sweater on 155th the other day. And some dude driving a ambulette said yo I'm feeling that sweater and threw up what I believe was the Low life sign with his hands. I laughed and said thanks homie.

Back in the day seeing that sign would have meant fighting or giving it up.

RL dresses the USA and UK athletes for the Olympics but they need more everyday cosigns.

Funny how their pockets started to feel it when the hood scaled back from being polo'd down.

they need more endorsements like da Olympics,its probably when they're at their best IMO.

they need more endorsements like da Olympics,its probably when they're at their best IMO.
maybe they need to spend some bread on endorsements & influencers.
I think that bringing back the heavy print/social media ad campaign using star models would be a start

A lot of major department and retail stores are crumbling their brick n' mortar due to the internet. Ralph has fell off quite a bit on the economic lines (Polo & D&S) but is far from done just has to figure out how to adapt. As was stated above Ralph still out selling a ton of your favorite brands.
:smokin
Truth. RL should slowly start to stabilize once they nail down the new distribution structure if the scales tilt in their favor. All clothing companies have their high points and their low points. It's going to be interesting to see how the company structure and brand image looks after the new strategies have been in place long-term.

Once Macy's department stores are a wrap it's over for Ralph Lauren as well because I believe that's their bread and butter. Macys is already moving towards strictly online so Ralph will follow as I see by that 5th Ave flagship store closing down.

Y'all wilding with these "timeless/classic" comments.

At the end of the day, $$$ talks and there's a reason why fast fashion giants H&M/Zara are doing so well.

Let's also not pretend that Polo/RL quality hasn't slipped while prices increased.

Last edited:
Denim and Supply should put sidezips on their tops and jackets, that should bring in a new crowd.

Once Macy's department stores are a wrap it's over for Ralph Lauren as well because I believe that's their bread and butter. Macys is already moving towards strictly online so Ralph will follow as I see by that 5th Ave flagship store closing down.

Macy's is the only department store I go to regularly. Would suck if my local one closed down.

Y'all wilding with these "timeless/classic" comments.

At the end of the day, $$$ talks and there's a reason why fast fashion giants H&M/Zara are doing so well.

Let's also not pretend that Polo/RL quality hasn't slipped while prices increased.

True. I've said it before but I'm not paying their crazy prices for the decent quality stuff they have.

They're bugging asking $70 for a basic polo. Every time i'm in macy's those joints aren't moving. All the action in the RL section is over at the sales racks, the overpriced retail stuff gets window shopped mostly.

I want RL to win too, its probably the only brand in my closet that owned in all phases of my life but I stopped paying retail a long time ago.

Damn somebody call young dro and make sure he ok. They closing damn near every Macy's near me. I haven't bought anything from there since 09 tho so idc anyway.

Lmao ^^

:lol: the slip was mad expected. No innovation, stuck in a time capsule.

Lacoste is on the same boat.

Maybe Ralph should do a collabo with Supreme to revive itself with the hypebeasts :lol:.

Last edited:
We have two Macys where I live, and one of them is getting closed down by the end of the year

concentrate of performance would differentiate them from fast fashion.

Nike & adidas is eating cuz of da athleisure boom.

Fast fashion hopped in their car and took the wheel. Not to mention H&M can pull collabs with Versace, Balmain etc...The Weeknd dropped a collection, Beckham too. The company legit knows what they're doing and targets their market well.

I don't think Ralph's done but im curious to see how they adapt with these trendy for less companies killing it right now.

They need someone to steer them right with this new wave. Still keep the brand integrity but just a new direction

Back
Top Bottom