Ralph Lauren struggling?

I doubt polo wearers would want it renamed rlp and a bunch of skinny jeans and big heeled boots with studs made.

POLO is dying because their main vendor is dying, MACY's and they just announce the closure of 68 stores. Fast Fashion is killing all these brands and retailers. Not too mention their outlets arent helping.

When I found out about Uniqlo Polos, I never touched another RL Polo.

RL still has their High-End lines and High-End is still doing well, LTIC.

purple label and RRL still has things I buy occasionally. Love those lines. Some of the regular polo stuff has been pretty nice recently too. Like many others have said, I buy the stuff without the logos.

polo will always be ill to me

the real problem is pricing

just isn't remotely realistic

I don't buy anything til it's on sale on top of 40% off

polo will always be ill to me

the real problem is pricing

just isn't remotely realistic

I don't buy anything til it's on sale on top of 40% off

Agreed . But I'm like that with every company . If it's not on sale I'm not copping because I know it'll eventually be . :lol:

u must miss alot of stuff, some things just never go on sale.

that's polos biggest problem

they're competing with companies where their whole business model is based on the limited tag

which is the priority, an item that will sellout in seconds or an item that's not going anywhere?

and the items they want are offered in an infinite loop of sellouts so most people never get the things that are readily available

we live in a time where being a self proclaimed hypebeast is the hot $@&?

just a weird trend of lost boys

Last edited:
that's polos biggest problem

they're competing with companies where their whole business model is based on the limited tag

which is the priority, an item that will sellout in seconds or an item that's not going anywhere?

and the items they want are offered in an infinite loop of sellouts so most people never get the things that are readily available

we live in a time where being a self proclaimed hypebeast is the hot $@&?

just a weird trend of lost boys

I dont think Ralph Lauren is necessarily competing with brands like Supreme, Kith, etc nor is that the demographic they're looking for.

They're trying to compete with luxury brands that sell high priced items, but people aren't willing to pay those same prices for Polo/Ralph Lauren quality

I'd say they're in the same league as Brooks Brothers and Tommy Hilfiger

Last edited:
I mean in terms of bringing new people/young people in

this whole athleisure trend is killing alotta things

I never looked at rl in the same vein as gucci and others

but that's actually my point, they need to re-evaluate how things are being bought and who actually wears it

there's not much tradeability with the pices either, so the value of the items are dropping

there's still a second hand market for stuff but it's only selling for the most part and the market is a lot smaller than before

Ralph Lauren just became the latest victim of America's retail apocalypse
ReutersGayathree Ganesan, ReutersApr 4, 2017, 10:28 AM ET
Ralph Lauren
Marina Nazario/Business Insider
The entrance to Ralph Lauren's flagship 5th Avenue store.
Ralph Lauren Corp (RL.N) said on Tuesday it would cut jobs and shut its flagship Polo store on Fifth Avenue in New York City, among other office and store locations, as part of a cost-cutting plan.

The luxury retailer also said its e-commerce business would move to Salesforce.com Inc's (CRM.N) cheaper and more efficient Commerce Cloud platform.

Ralph Lauren had said last year it was building an in-house global e-commerce platform.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/ralph-lauren-closing-polo-flagship-store-2017-4

RIP.

They had just redid the polo store by me, went last year to buy some things and it was closed less than a year after reopening. Welp, where the sales at

Retail space era is over. Crazy you see all these store fronts closing up shop & primarily bc of the web. That's insane when you really think about it. All these retailers that were mega popular with us will probably be little known to our kids.

Reactions: g14
Retail space era is over. Crazy you see all these store fronts closing up shop & primarily bc of the web. That's insane when you really think about it. All these retailers that were mega popular with us will probably be little known to our kids.

Woolworth 100x essentially.

no way id open a brick & mortar store unless i also had a online outlet.

only thing that's gonna survive are places like salons, barbershops, gyms, and restaurants.

bodegas and supermarkets are safe for now too...

The Polo thread should be locked or merged with the ppl who think they're doing it thread :smh:
:rofl:

tenor.gif

Damn. [emoji]128556[/emoji]

Hadn't bought Polo in years. Their **** is way overpriced for what it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom