Reports of a "mass casualty" situation @ nightclub in Orlando shooting

Banning all guns isn't an option for America but at the very least these assault rifles should be banned entirely. There's simply no reason anyone should be allowed to have that. Handguns are a better choice for self defense purposes anyway.

I agree with this and for purposes of hunting for wildlife control let government employees control any rising populations that may occur with the appropriate firearms

A pistol is more than sufficient for any person to have for self defense purposes and technically speaking the individual still has the abiility to bare arms with the law in place

Last edited:
All you dudes completely against guns....why??

You own a gun?
Ever shot one?
Against usin em in your own home as well?
Why not make it harder to obtain them instead?
You really think guns will just evaporate with a ban?

It will get worse with a ban. Dudes that cant find em but that are sick enough to commit mass murders will prolly bomb instead.

Last edited:
Whats the crime like in Belgium?
I'm not sure about the actual statistics but I hardly know anyone who has been the victim of a major crime. Our local pharmacy got broken into twice in the past 5 years but that's about it for crime in my town.
I live pretty rural though. Small rural town, tight knit community, population of around 8000. Most people here know eachother so if a crime happens, word gets around very fast.
I have friends from the larger cities of course but I don't know anyone who feels unsafe or feels the need for some type of protection.
Crime in my area and the surrounding towns/city consists mostly of bike thefts and the occasional break in.

Last edited:
Banning all guns isn't an option for America but at the very least these assault rifles should be banned entirely. There's simply no reason anyone should be allowed to have that. Handguns are a better choice for self defense purposes anyway.
Good luck finding all those semi-auto rifles that are already out there. Even banning the sale of new ones, it is a hopeless cause for those that want to get rid of all of them. This is a concept that gun-banners need to wrap their mind around- there is no magic wand that can make that kind of legislation a physical reality. Who is going to go door to door collecting those rifles, you? 
laugh.gif

At the end of the day, I guess we have to realize that those proposing gun bans are pushing something to "feel safe" regardless of if it actually achieves the desired result. The guns are out there, and criminals will find a way to get them, period. The question is- will law-abiding citizens disarm each other in an attempt to limit the bad guys...?

Last edited:
Good luck finding all those semi-auto rifles that are already out there. Even banning the sale of new ones, it is a hopeless cause for those that want to get rid of all of them. This is a concept that gun-banners need to wrap their mind around- there is no magic wand that can make that kind of legislation a physical reality. Who is going to go door to door collecting those rifles, you? :lol:  

At the end of the day, I guess we have to realize that those proposing gun bans are pushing something to "feel safe" regardless of if it actually achieves the desired result. The guns are out there, and criminals will find a way to get them, period. The question is- will law-abiding citizens disarm each other in an attempt to limit the bad guys...?

When they make things illegal, do they go door to door searching houses demanding those things are turned in? Where is this concept coming from?

There's a million more reasonable ways to ban something that a lot of people currently have.

You guys just got bombed by dudes that stayed strapped lol.
Your point being? Such incidents are a rarity.
Our gun laws used to be very loose. In 2006 if I recall correctly, some guy went on a shotgun rampage and the government heavily restricted all firearms 3 weeks later. Many people turned in their guns willingly. You can only have a firearm (hunting rifles only) with a hunting license or shooting club license now, both requiring very thorough background checks.

We were shocked by that 2006 mass shooting. Our response was not "we need more guns to feel safe" but the opposite, we need to turn in our guns and completely change firearm regulations to make it very hard to obtain one and only allow certain types of guns to be sold.

Last edited:
When they make things illegal, do they go door to door searching houses demanding those things are turned in? Where is this concept coming from?

There's a million more reasonable ways to ban something that a lot of people currently have.

That's exactly what Law Enforcement does. It's called a raid authorized by a Judicial legal document called a SEARCH WARRANT.

View media item 2066945

thats da point, its not da entire religion, its da radicalized segments of it that needs to be singled out, and condemned.

Christianity went thru a Reformation, Islam gotta do da same thing.

As if categorization is all we need to battle terrorism. The simplistic mindset that this breeds is unbelievable 

if its not repudiated from within from its own people, expect folks from outside that community to throw da baby out with da bath water.

If the country is safe then all these homeland security, atf, police, etc have less jobs....so they aint banning nothing that can make that a possibility......look at weed for example, why not be universally available..because it'll kill a good chunk of state and federal revenue...my opinion of course, i could be totally wrong

man now that i think about it, playing dead probably would've worked for some people. :smh: :smh:. I cant imagine how it feels to be drunk let alone be drunk and die in a congested dark club and music blasting with people screams man. So sad and unfortunate.

Crusades
Slavery
Genocide of multiple indigenous people
Homophobia
Sexism

Christians should be quiet, the have no moral ground to call anybody else out on their evils.
You have been doing a good job in this thread today Anton. Keep it up

he's doing da leftist equivalent of yelling at someone for saying #alllivesmatter when we're talking about #blacklivesmatter...

Christianity in modern westernized civilizations have largely been reformed to where you gotta go back a millennia to find comparable deplorable behavior radical Islamic sects do 24/7 in 2016 on Liveleak.

man now that i think about it, playing dead probably would've worked for some people.
mean.gif
mean.gif
. I cant imagine how it feels to be drunk let alone be drunk and die in a congested dark club and music blasting with people screams man. So sad and unfortunate.
I saw a report a while ago that said some people where laying on the ground and he would shoot them too. At least thats what that report said.

You guys just got bombed by dudes that stayed strapped lol.
Your point being? Such incidents are a rarity.
Our gun laws used to be very loose. In 2006 if I recall correctly, some guy went on a shotgun rampage and the government heavily restricted all firearms 3 weeks later. Many people turned in their guns willingly. You can only have a firearm (hunting rifles only) with a hunting license or shooting club license now, both requiring very thorough background checks.

We were shocked by that 2006 mass shooting. Our response was not "we need more guns to feel safe" but the opposite, we need to turn in our guns and completely change firearm regulations to make it very hard to obtain one and only allow certain types of guns to be sold.
Yep this for sure highlights the difference in culture and how bad out gun culture has become. It's why banning them altogether isn't a realistic option for the USA like you said in your previous post, we have to go other ways and get creative (certain types shouldn't be allowed, smart guns, etc). It would be easier if our constitution was a living constitution and not set in stone but unfortunately thats not the case either so this will be a very slow and long change to take place.

Last edited:
I mean logically you can't deny that this guy would've killed far less people if he didn't acquire a fully automatic assault rifle

He did not have a fully automatic rifle.

FWIW

Fully Automatic = one pull of the trigger releases the sear so multiple bullets are fired

Semi Automatic = one pull of the trigger results in one bullet being fired

The fact people don't know the difference and then are talking about banning them grinds my gears.

I don't really care.

you should care...semi automatic merely means its reloaded by a magazine and da slug spits out with every trigger pull instead of a revolver mechanism.

a glock & a "assault rifle" do da same thing.

Huge difference in culture. It's crazy seeing how other cultures view guns compared to the US.

Sometimes I can't tell if it's stubbornness or fear here.

Back
Top Bottom