Shawn Marion Suns career appreciation / pics.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

I wonder if he'll opt out after this season...here's an interesting place for him to go -

Memphis...

They're making all these deals to clear salary space...and their coach is Marc Iavaroni - former Suns assistant.
They've got some young, athletic guys - adding a Matrix wouln't be a bad addition.

Or - if he stays in MIA, you've got D. Wade, Trix, and probably a very good draft pick - maybe a Beasley in the middle or a Derrick Rose running the point?

Things get interesting next year for Matrix.

I still like the thought of signing with the Suns for the mid level exception, but it won't happen.

Yeah, I was thinks the same thing.

Wade, Marion and their draft pick

pimp.gif

As much as I dislike the suns, I always thought shawn was
pimp.gif
. Unfortunately, I think his numbers will drop while not playing along with nash. Hopefully Imwrong. I wish him well

^
I don't think his numbers will drop. If anything, they will increase. He has been a consistent beast throughout his career(pre-nash).

RIP for the trio Matrix, Stat and Nash. It will be "what could have been.." story in the future..

I can't believe this happened. This is one of the people I look forward to watching along with Nash when they play. Wade and Marion is going to be a goodtandem.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Appreciated.

But dude shouldn't have been crying about not being respected. You're getting paid millions; there's the respect you're owed.

Like Nash and Amare are ever going to be shopped by the Suns; you don't shop All Star PGs and Cs. Forwards are always shopped; he let the trade rumors get to him instead of realizing that the Suns respect him with a healthy paycheck and a max extension. The trade rumors weren't disrespect at all.

But he's still appreciated. I think he's a true gym rat... but his numbers will go down without Nash.

And... he'll retire a Sun.
you judge players way too much.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

JsindaA wrote:
Kidskillz858 wrote:
I'm going to appreciate watching Shawn Matrix prove to his Marion slurper fans here on NT how overrated a player he is now that he is in Miami.

Like I've said before Shawn Marion is putting up the #'s he is now because of the offense system he played in @ Phoneix with Nash.

Lets see how he does when D Whistle gets injured and he has to carry the Heat.

You Marion sluprers are foolish if you think Marion is a franchise player or legit 2nd option on any other team.

Bottom line is he got his wish after crying hard enough for the past 2 years in Phoenix.

tired.gif
You know Marion was an all star before Nash even got there right?

You really can't tell these Faker fans anything. They only have one response..."we have rings"
Which, when translated means: "I don't know what the hell I'm talking about so I'll bring up something completely irrelevant to this topic and hopefully you won't realize I'm talking out of my **%"

News flash! I'm a Laker, excuse me, Faker fan!
grin.gif

His skills got him a max contract extension when the Suns had a GM that knew what the hell he was doing
If he really knew what he was doing he wouldn't have given Marion a max deal...those should only be reserved for franchise players.
I'm assuming though that it was during the time period where they were handing out max contracts like they were going out of style (Baron Davis, Jamison,Marbury, etc)
I do remember reading this ESPN the magazine article and seeing Shawn talking kind of reckless...

"Steve is the MVP of the league," says Marion, "but I've had people tell me I am the MVP of the team."

"I want the recognition," says Marion, who got fewer votes for February's All-Star Game than Shane Battier. "I feel I've done what it takes to get it, but for some reason it hasn't happened."

He has the juice to force the issue and demand a trade to another NBA town, one in which he'd be the center of attention. So what about it, Shawn? Would you rather be a 30-point scorer and an MVP candidate on a lesser team, say, one only flirting with the postseason, than the sidekick to the sidekick in Phoenix? "Wow, that's interesting," he says thoughtfully, as if he's never entertained the prospect before.
Marion pauses nearly 10 seconds to concentrate on the question. Only the muted sound of late-afternoon traffic outside the two-story living room breaks the silence. He fiddles with the remote as if it holds the answer. "I've never been asked that," he continues. "That would be an interesting situation to be in, to really show people what I can do.

But this is what made me question dude's mental state:

On a crowded thoroughfare near Marion's house, a black Lexus pulls up beside the Cutlass. The passenger-side window sinks to reveal an attractive woman in her mid-20s. "Excuse me," she says, "I just want to say you have a beautiful car."
"You want to wash it for me?" Marion replies.

"Sure."

So a hot young chick pulls up to the side of him and the best thing Matrix can think of is to ask her to wash his car?

If I was a Suns fan I'd be ecstatic they shipped his $*% outta town
indifferent.gif

Marion is very appreciated as a Sun. Always have liked him. All of those oops from Nash and dunks. He will be missed.

I still think he should have won the DPOY Award last year.

Shawn is the ultimate hustle player, and I think he can thrive with any team.

Threadstarter: Suns RIP? Didn't you have a similar reaction after the JJ-Diaw trade? PHX came out pretty well after that. Who knows, maybe you'll getlucky again.
And I'd say the Suns' 3 had their fair share of chances already. Injuries and that suspension last year, yes, but they couldn't get it done in'05 either w/ everyone together.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Was my favorite Suns player...wouldnt have been as mad if they traded for someone who wouldnt beout of the league in 2 years and retired 2 years ago....whatever..Kerr dropped the ball to me on this one..[/color]

what a sad day for all suns fans. their best defender/ best rebounder best shotblocker and leader in steals is now gone for a 35 year old unmobile 300 pounder.

he was one of my favorite players on the suns. even if the suns do go all the way this year it wont be the same with out him.

i honestly do not get this trade at all. i mean if your going to move matrix because he wont resign for less money why dont you get as much value as you canout of him. im sure there a bunch of teams out there that would love to have matrix and would have thrown some good young talent + draft picks for him. stevekerr has lost it.
tired.gif

oh well i guess he got what he wanted. him and amare not getting along really let him get the best of him.

I remember Bob Kemp (old school late night radio guy) was really excited by Marion going to the Suns when he got drafted. That was the first time I ever heardof Marion because Kemp was about as knowledgeable as they came back then. Dude knew his stuff, so when he started saying the Suns got a steal, i took notice. And of course, he was right.

I don't think Matrix would go to Memphis only because why go back to the West? Even if he doesn't stay with the Heat, he's going to see thatit's easier to get on top in the East then it is in the West. He's almost 30 right? So he doesn't really have 3 years to waste waiting forMemphis to grow.

If he did want to come back west, and this is crazy and I pray that is does not happen, Portland. Oden, Aldrige, Marion, Roy, Jack. MY LORD, I would cry.

Either way, props to Marion, good luck to dude with whistle for this season and we'll check in with him in the offseason.
pimp.gif

I'm Actually happy that he got traded for shaq it makes the Lakers road so much easier. And Marion and D-wade mixed in with a lottery pick and a free agentpickup can do some real damage next year.

Back
Top Bottom