Sneaker Store Associates are the worst VOL " You talking bout dem red white jordans?"

lubu1

Banned
I swear the majority of sneaker stores have possibly the worst service ever(at least in the DMV). They know NOTHING about ANYTHING. I found myself correcting them all the time. I know they dont get paid much, but damn at least know more about what your selling. There is more to selling shoes than just knowning when retro jordans drop. Yall got other products.

I mean the associates dont even know how to answer the freaking phone.

*Call Pentagon City finishline

*They Answer

Associate: "Who Dis"

Me: "Hello, I'm looking for Red diamond turf II"

Associate: "Yeah, what about them?"

Me: "I was wondering if you have them for sale right now"

Associate: "Yeah we got dem"

Me: "Is it possible to check to see if you have a sz 11?"

Associate: "Aight, wait one MINUTES(MINUTES, WAIT ONE MINUTES? )"

*WAIT 5 minutes

Associate: " Yeah we got sz 11".

Me: "Ok, possible to hold a pair?"

Associate: "yeah, but we aint selling them till friday, you gonna have to wait."

Me: " But you just said you had them"

Associate: "Yeah we got them but we aint selling them now"

Me: " So what was the point of you telling me you got them, but you aint selling them, then you put me on hold for 5 minutes to just tell you got them, but you not selling till friday?"

Associate: " laugh, sorry but I can't sell it "

ME: "W/E thanks for a waste of time

<----- Sales associate at Finish Line.
Customers are just as bad.
*brings a customer the last shoe*
*customer tries it on*
Customer: Alright, I'll buy it.
Me: Cool. *grabs them the display shoe*
Customer: Oh, I gotta buy the display shoe?
Me: Yes, it's the last one.
Customer: Do I get a discount?
Me: Um, no...???
Customer: But a buncha people have touched it!
Me: You ever buy produce at a supermarket? A buncha people touch those too, and you have no choice but to buy that! On top of that, you eat that, too.

They're probably sick of dealing with customers. Can't blame em when 90% of people treat them like they're sub-human.

if they can't sell it then it won't happen. can't really do anything about it. but the part that is bothering is the beginning. who picks up the phone and answer "who dis?" no manners and low awareness.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

*customer tries it on*
Me: You ever buy produce at a supermarket? A buncha people touch those too, and you have no choice but to buy that! On top of that, you eat that, too.
i dont ever ask for a discount, but i do think that one is warranted for this situation.
if you're buying something at a store, its supposed to be brand new. once you take a shoe out and put it on display, where its probably been for weeks and has collected dust. you cant sell that at full price.

*customer tries it on*
Aw, yes. Back when I was an associate at Footlocker, I used to get that question all the time.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

This isn't a TV or a computer where it's left on for several hours everyday for weeks. A shoe on display is no different than a shoe that's been in the back. A display shoe won't collect dust as long as we take good care of it. A shoe in the back is also just as liable to collect dust as a shoe on display.

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

*customer tries it on*
i dont ever ask for a discount, but i do think that one is warranted for this situation.
if you're buying something at a store, its supposed to be brand new. once you take a shoe out and put it on display, where its probably been for weeks and has collected dust. you cant sell that at full price.

If thats the case,  everything at Macys or clothing store should be on sale.  I understand why people get mad, but how are you going to know which items is for sale at the store if they put everything in a box and not display the item

Originally Posted by Lubu1

I know they dont get paid much, but damn at least know more about what your selling. There is more to selling shoes than just knowning when retro jordans drop. Yall got other products.

They get paid to sell you the add-on's, not shoes. 
And the product training nike provides them is geared towards shoe technology more so than it is actual products. 

*customer tries it on*
you know how much #%#! would be "discounted" with this logic 
laugh.gif

i don't think this is much to complain about OP

*customer tries it on*

Shudda been like
15z49le.gif

*customer tries it on*

But most of the time the display shoe is faded from the lights in the store.....thats why I dont buy display shoes

Originally Posted by West Coast Avenger

LimitedRetroOG said:
*customer tries it on*

But most of the time the display shoe is faded from the lights in the store.....thats why I dont buy display shoes
You gotta be kidding.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by West Coast Avenger

*customer tries it on*

Dude is working in a reputable shoe store, this aint no indoor swapmeet where lil old grumpy asian dude has yellowed retros from 06-07 in kids sizes.

*customer tries it on*

laugh.gif

If you feel that way dont buy the shoe, someone else will

Me: do you have ....... in a size 9?
Guy: no but we have them in an 11 ee
Me: no thanks
Guy: want to try them on? You can wear double double double socks!!!!%7$-+8%

Smh

I'm not gonna lie, display shoes sometimes don't look %100. I would also ask for a discount if it wasn't pristine.

*customer tries it on*
lmao, thats waaaaaaay different, im washing my produce and not spending 100+ on a pear so fall back with that smart alick comment b

You guys need to stop having the i know more then you attitude when dealing with people who work at sneaker spots. I know a lot of these cats do their best when it comes to product knowledge. You have to remember it's just a job for most people. Don't expect someone who works at footlocker to surf NT all day just because they sell shoes. Just get what you came for and bounce. No need to try and drop info on em bout release dates or any other useless crap. Nobody cares how much you know about J's.

Back
Top Bottom