SNOWFALL THREAD. (tv series)

Just started watching. Liking this show a lot.

Will be interesting to see how Franklin evolves. The wolves is out there, he gotta be ready.

Is that even close to 1% factual?

If you ask 90's NY street dudes half will say yes...supposed to be related to the whole Haitian Jack thing...at this point who knows, and better yet who could really prove it. Chalk it up to another hip hop urban legend.

It seemed they only searched the living room and kitchen areas.

Then when he started smashing they just chilled and listened and kept looking.

I actually wanted his homeboy to get caught up too since he stole his motorcycle. Unfair he didn't get a beating too.

Once Franklin lied how much they were looking for I knew it was a wrap. That didn't coincide with him being smarter than other people. Did he expect them to have the money conveniently in the back pack and nobody would look inside?

If Karvel thought Lenny and Ray Ray were soft enough to take on by himself, of course he would think that about who they robbed.

The CIA aspect is somewhat interesting. Besides the kid part. I didn't need to see him take a family day trip.
The wrestling one, not really

And I guess he knew that was a way he would give up the money. But a bat to the leg and chest wouldn't do it?

Show is progressing nicely. I wasn't impressed with the pilot but eps 2 and 3 are building it up for something big. I guess i'm in the minority here but i think the cia storyline is the weakest. I'm totally lost on it and don't want to rewatch the pilot. I don't get what Teddy's connection is with this cartel dude. How that guy just walked up to him at work and recruited him. What the guns sales had to do with it? And how bad was it that he went to see his fam during All of this! Can someone provide cliffs or summarize?
I wish the whole show would follow Franklin or at least the whole season and then introduce the other characters.

Show is progressing nicely. I wasn't impressed with the pilot but eps 2 and 3 are building it up for something big. I guess i'm in the minority here but i think the cia storyline is the weakest. I'm totally lost on it and don't want to rewatch the pilot. I don't get what Teddy's connection is with this cartel dude. How that guy just walked up to him at work and recruited him. What the guns sales had to do with it? And how bad was it that he went to see his fam during All of this! Can someone provide cliffs or summarize?
I wish the whole show would follow Franklin or at least the whole season and then introduce the other characters.
I guess you'd have to know some of the real world historical background to get the full picture.

During that time the CIA used drug money, specifically money made off of coke and crack, to fund 3rd party cold wars.

The catch is any paper trail could not connect back to the US gov. so operatives used the cartels and they trickled down to hustlas onnthe corners. Same thing with the weapons which is why he made a big deal about filing off serial #s. There's a Tom Cruise movie coming out covering this again.

With this in mind, since I'm very aware of it, I too was not impressed by the pilot and am not feeling that storyline. I'm barely feeling the Cartel members story so far as well.

I guess you'd have to know some of the real world historical background to get the full picture.

During that time the CIA used drug money, specifically money made off of coke and crack, to fund 3rd party cold wars.

The catch is any paper trail could not connect back to the US gov. so operatives used the cartels and they trickled down to hustlas onnthe corners. Same thing with the weapons which is why he made a big deal about filing off serial #s. There's a Tom Cruise movie coming out covering this again.

With this in mind, since I'm very aware of it, I too was not impressed by the pilot and am not feeling that storyline. I'm barely feeling the Cartel members story so far as well.

Thanks. I did know about the historical background just confused about where they are going with this story. Why Teddy? Who is this cartel guy and whats his background? Why was the guy that OD'd so important and how did he know teddy? and what was his connection to all of this?

Thanks. I did know about the historical background just confused about where they are going with this story. Why Teddy? Who is this cartel guy and whats his background? Why was the guy that OD'd so important and how did he know teddy? and what was his connection to all of this?
I don't think the characters are based off of the real ppl so you'll just have to wait for the story to reveal their importance and connections.

I imagine the first CIA dude that died hooked up with that cartel dude cuz when he was surveilling (via the FBI most likely) him figured he could do business with him. The other guy, as he said, was the silent partner. So he was in on it but not directly involved on the day to day.

I don't think the characters are based off of the real ppl so you'll just have to wait for the story to reveal their importance and connections.

I imagine the first CIA dude that died hooked up with that cartel dude cuz when he was surveilling (via the FBI most likely) him figured he could do business with him. The other guy, as he said, was the silent partner. So he was in on it but not directly involved on the day to day.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. Excited to see how it all folds out and how things are going to change and get more violent when crack emerges

The dude playing the CIA agent is boring but that's the most important part of the story. Showing how the government let the drugs flow in.

Yeah. Some people say it started back like 81 but that must be free base. 84 or 85 is when most people say crack rock really started.

Back
Top Bottom